How to determine your skin type
Products formulated for your skin type offer the best chance of giving you the results you want. Follow these simple steps to determine which type of skin you have and learn which types of products are right for you.
- Wash your with a gentle cleanser and wait 15-30 minutes.
- Don't apply any products during this time.
- Determine your skin type based on your skin’s natural characteristics.
Keep in mind:
- Levels of each skin type may vary. You could be on the drier side of dry or the normal side of oily. Everyone is different and that’s great.
- Skin type is different than a skin concern. Rosacea, for example, is a skin concern that can appear no matter the skin type.
- Any skin type can get breakouts, though they’re most common on oily skin.
Your complexion is the envy of all your friends. Skin feels smooth and, well, normal. There are no signs of flaking or oiliness. The right skincare products will keep your skin looking healthy, smooth and hydrated.
Your skin feels tight and dehydrated and may have flaky areas. The right skincare products will nourish skin, repair skin’s critical barrier and prevent moisture loss.
Your skin looks shiny and may feel slick to the touch. You’re no stranger to breakouts. The right skincare products will balance skin and help it look smoother. For oily skin it’s important to avoid heavy emollient textures.
Your skin usually has an oily T-zone (forehead, nose, chin) and is normal to dry everywhere else. Oily parts may have enlarged pores, signs of breakouts and blackheads. With the right products your skin will become more balanced, look smoother and clearer.