Resist Anti-Aging Super-Light Moisturizer SPF30
Regular Price: £32.00
Special Price: £28.80
Availability: In stock
Run along, wrinkles. Shield your skin from sun damage with a feather-light cream that leaves a shine-free finish. Slightly tinted, so you won’t see a white cast
- Silky daytime lotion mattifies and firms
- Provides gentle, mineral-based broad-spectrum sun protection
- 100% fragrance-free
Regular Price: £32.00
Special Price: £28.80
Review by Kit
- I was in the market for a new daily SPF after using a couple of cheaper ones which felt too greasy for my combo/oily skin. I am trying to get in the habit of wearing spf everyday but hated looking so shiny and the thick feeling of most spfs when applying. This is a game changer and my new favourite, the only downside for me is the smell, it smells like a cooking oil or something? but this goes away very quickly. As for the tint, i was slightly worried as i am super pale but have found this blends into nothingness and does stop the white cast as claimed. I like the texture, it sinks in immediately and it doesn't make me look shiny at all. :) (Posted on 06/02/2017)
Review by Gee
- Can't rate this sunscreen too highly, I wouldn't be without it. I've tried pretty much every line out there for sunscreen and would put this up against anything. Minor gripe is the increase in price fairly recently, but it's still not unreasonable for 60ml of product. My favourite thing about this sunscreen? It's very sweat-resistant which means it's great for exercising outdoors and doesn't sting my eyes as most all other 'facial moisturisers with SPF' have done under sweaty conditions :) (Posted on 21/01/2017)
Review by Helen
When they say that this is light, they are not joking - it really is. I find that mineral sunscreens can dry out your skin, and this is no exception - even though i have combination skin that is acne prone, this can still leave me feeling dry if my skin is going through a "drier phase" but i'm not rating it down because I still haven't found anything that is better AND my pale skin loves the tint that this has! On really good skin days, not that there are that many, I could even use this as a light tinted moisturiser all by itself and if i wanted extra moisture i think a serum underneath would really solve the issue.
I've repurchased this twice now, and that is not something i'm prone to doing with products since i'm always wondering what's better and what's new, but this is just a staple wonderful product that i keep coming back to. If you have dry or dark skin you probably won't like this at all, but for me I really love it. (Posted on 17/01/2017)
Review by Bradley
Purchased this due to great reviews and for oily but really did not work for my individual skin. The tint is fine for men and women of all color as when you actually apply it, it looks like every other moisturizer and leaves no color. Its also good as it has no white cast, which is good and unlike every other Mineral/Physical Suncreen.
But it was extremely runny. It's easy to waste product and it felt like something was sitting on my face it was horrible. Didn't adsorb well at all. Made my skin itch and irritated. My skin didn't feel smooth at all, it left a chalk like feeling consistency on my face, even on my hands when I touched it. It felt like I had make up on, not because of the tint but because of the feel and texture on my skin that didn't go away.
Good Sunscreen as there is no way the sun will get through this and fine for women who are used to wearing make up, but due to the texture I would not recommend for men at all. Very disappointed. I would recommend the Skin Balancing SPF which is amazing for oily skin, also has no white cast and is cheaper which I am gonna try and exchange this for. (Posted on 13/01/2017)
Review by Laura
- I've been looking for a moisturiser with spf for ages that wasn't white or greasy. This is perfect for me! The slight tint doesn't show, just evens out my skin tone and I don't need to use as much foundation anymore! My skin feels hydrated but not shiny after use! Really recommend for young or oil prone skin that needs protecting but not smothering :) (Posted on 02/01/2017)
Review by Matthew
I'm a 26 year old male with oily skin that is prone to break outs. I've never used a Paula's choice moisturiser or a SPF product on the face regularly, but after I heard in a study almost 90% of visible skin ageing can be the result of everyday skin damage I decided to use SPF daily. I chose the light moisturiser because I use a face oil in the day and didn't want anything too heavy as I have oily skin naturally anyway.
First thing you notice is the colour, it comes out looking like a BB cream in lightish foundation colour. It doesn't have any coverage really but when I applied it I noticed a warm hue to my skin tone that was probably more noticeable because my skin tone is very fair (redhead fair!). I don't mind this because I like having a warmer/sun skinned look but for anyone who is very pale and likes it that way this might be a problem for you.
Applying it a little goes a long way and it feels very lightweight and non-greasy, which I was concerned about considering my experience of the regular SPFs you use on holiday which make me breakout on my face. Also surprisingly very mattifying! I've been back from the gym after sweating and my face doesn't feel oily or look shiny look like it normally does but looked and felt like I just applied it.
Overall in the short time of using this product I love it, only downside is it's smell as it still reminds me of the smell of sunscreen I normally use although for a product with 100% no fragrance this is a small compromise I am happy to accept. Great product! (Posted on 18/09/2016)
Review by Rose
- After having tested Paula's Choice products I think I may have found the skincare line for a lifetime. There are many products to love but the moisturizes with SPF are one of the best. I have loved to use Hydralight as well as Calm moisturizer with SPF for my oily skin. I am glad to say that the Resist moisturizer SPF30 is my new favourite. I don't like to use too much make up. With this tinted moisturizer I need only a little powder/make up powder and blush because the moisturizer is actually as BB cream as someone mentioned. This calms and covers redness and keeps skin as matte as my oily skin can during the day ( I still have to blot during the day). This provides enough moisture after toner in the daytime. If you don't have very oily skin maybe this isn't moisturizing enough. Let's see how this works when the winter gets here. After all you could use a serum under this. (Posted on 21/08/2016)
Review by David
- When I first tried this product I was a bit disappointed; being a male I found the tint too much like a foundation. I also found it to be too matt. I prefer a more silky finish, however i did like how it felt on my skin. I decided to blend it with my favourite moisturiser Paula's Choice Youth Extending moisturiser. Wow I was so pleased with the finish and colour! Just perfect! This blend is my "go to" moisturiser and if I coul, I would rate this combination 6 stars out of 5!!! (Posted on 28/07/2016)
Review by Guy
I am a HUGE Paula's Choice fan, and there are many products that I now utterly swear by - the 2% bha liquid, the 10% aha treatment, the resist advanced weightless toner, the retinol serum, and the clinical 1% retinol treatment. I bought this Resist Anti-Aging Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF30 to use as my daily moisturiser as I use retinol every night and really should be protecting my skin with an spf moisturiser during the day. My skin is combination, prone to clogged pores and very occasionally a little dry, but not at all sensitive.
I ordered this and have used it five times now, each time I found it difficult to apply (it really does have a chalky skin-toned tint, which is absolutely fine on my pale skin but might be a problem with a tan), the colour is extremely natural and suitable for a guy who doesnt want to look like he has any make-up type effect, EXCEPT that it clings horribly to my dark brown short beard/long stubble, making it look ashy and makeup-y. I wear makeup sometimes and have no worries about doing so, but this just looked horrible near facial hair. This isn't an inherent failure of the product, but is definitely something male customers or those with dark eyebrows might want to be aware of.
The other, and main, issue I had with the product is that it offered no moisture whatsoever - my skin actually feels drier with it on, and it dries down leaving a horrible sticky, tacky feeling all over my face. I've tried it with an additional light moisturiser underneath, but didn't see much improvement, and wouldn't want to have to pre-moisturise before a moisturiser anyway. It also, due to its suncreen content, has quite a pronounced smell - whilst it's not totally unpleasant, it is noticeable for several hours even after I have applied a fragrance (as someone who is a fragrance nut, this was also an issue as it fights with whatever scent I am wearing.) Regarding the dryness it creates, with the product on my face there were tiny flecks of dry skin that were either caused by the product, or made visible by it when nothing else does - my skin, due to the other PC products I use, normally looks very clear and hydrated, with no dryness whatsoever. In addition to dryness, also makes my face feel very irritated - I kept looking in the mirror expecting it to be reddened and visibly irritated, but it was just the sensation without any visible effects. Given that it's a physical sunscreen I expected it to be gentle, not irritating.
Given the plethora of excellent reviews of this product, I am clearly in the minority but it's truly awful on my face, which as I've said is somewhat of a shock given my experience with everything else I've tried from PC and the fact that my skin doesn't get mad with almost any products ever. Definitely try a sample or two, as I've completely wasted my money this time.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. Although this is not a common response, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. We can see that our customer care team has already provided you with a reasonable solution. (Posted on 28/07/2016)
Review by Dawn
I cannot fault this moisteriser. I tried a sample because a colleague of mine recommended it, and after trying it I just couldn't go back to my old skin care routine.
It feels soft and smells nice when applying, sinks into skin quickly and acts as a perfect base for foundation and leaves you looking refreshed and plump if you choose not to wear any (I actually have the confidence now to go out without ANY foundation on as this acts as a BB Cream would). People have even noticed how fresh I look now and comment on my skin without knowing why I look different.
As you can tell I LOVE this moisteriser and would recommend it over and over. (Posted on 24/06/2016)
Review by Bob
Just because I received a sample of this one and decided to buy - because its the best product I've ever tried - is now out of stock. What happened?
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that this product worked well for you. Please stay tuned, it will be back very soon. (Posted on 12/05/2016)
Review by Bárbara M.
I really like this product, I can apply it effortlessly when I don't need much coverage and just looking for a healthy glow. It makes my oily skin feel smooth for most of the day.
It blends well with my skintone, but it's not a substitute for foundation. It's a good base for makeup, though. I think it has a faint coffee-like smell, it's very subtle and pleasant.
Since it has SPF, I use it as a day cream. (Posted on 21/03/2016)
Review by Louise
I'm only my second tube as I apply this on top of a moisturiser and it's lasted about 6 months! Great for those on a budget. I've found it to be a really good product, but it could be transformed into a truely great all-rounder if it were made in say, four different shades, and not just the one. It does even out skin tone and conceal minor blemishes, so acts like a very lightweight tinted moisturiser as well as a straight forward moisturiser with a good SPF. I really like this aspect and think it could be capitalised on by adding a choice of shades. Personally I would like a more yellow, rather than pink tone to it as my skin is light olive. As it is it's still a good product that definately leaves a no shine matte finish. It's a little dry in the winter, but that can be remedied by applying more, or a different moisturiser underneath. It's a very natural looking product, but having said that, in the shade it is at the moment, I can still see a very faint white cast when viewed from the side, or at an angle. It's also one of the few skin care products that doesn't irritate my eyes - which is the biggest problem I have to overcome in my choice of products.
Customer care: Thank you for your feedback. The purpose of the tint in this sunscreen is to prevent the white cast usually caused by mineral sunscreens. We're happy to hear you like it. (Posted on 20/11/2015)
Review by Katrin
- What an amazing find!!! I ordered PC's Resist sample kits to try out some heavy-duty AHA, BHA and Retinol treatments, and this product, completely unexpectedly, almost stole the show! Well, I love the exfoliants as well, but in a way I had already given up on my search for a perfect 2 in 1 SPF product after trying countless BB and CC creams, sun protections lotions, fluids, oils... I'm not overly picky, all I want is minimum 30 spf, has uva protection, and doesn't make me look white as a ghost, or oily and orange as fried chicken. I've literally wasted 100s and 100s for high-end and high-street products, all of which either make my skin break up horribly, are too oily to wear alone and too oily to layer anything on top, or have unnatural orange, pink or grey tint. And I can't go out without spf as even 10 minutes gives me sun spots. Now, i may have finally found my perfect spf! With perfect peach tint, its matches my nordic skin perfectly. Since you're supposed to use half a teaspoon of spf cream for face to have a decent protection, this is actually also more moisturising that I expected, and with colder weather, I can just layer it on top of usual moisturiser. Genius product, thank you! (Posted on 01/11/2015)
Review by Yana
- very satisfied with this moisturizer, the tint fits me very well, so I started to skip my concealer for my red marks from breakouts (which also became less); my skin doesn't get oily either - before I used to apply a special makeup primer to avoid the shine, but now it's all behind - I use only this moisturizer for the day and very happy that I don't have to apply layers on my skin. Thanks a lot! (Posted on 27/10/2015)
Review by Happy
- second tube going. tone blends so in spring, autumn and summer. Oily keep the matt areas. winter might be a little too dry but then the second sunscreen use. (clear spf30) (Posted on 18/09/2015)
Review by Charlotte
I am SOOOOO disappointed with this product!!!
I've been a fan of Paula's Choice and I thought this product had all the making of something I was going to love particularly as the ingredients are really highly thought of and I invested a lot of research into exactly the product I wanted to purchase.
I'm sorry this product was a real let down... the tint looks awful on my skin and I have never experienced acne break outs like this for years!!! As soon as I started using this product I can link it to all my new angry spots. I've wasted my money and I'm really disappointed!
Customer Service: Thank you for your feedback. Although this is not a common response, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. We will be contacting you shortly by email to discuss an alternative product. (Posted on 10/09/2015)
Review by Stephanie
- I've been using this for almost 2 years now. In between i've tried some other moisturizers and bb creams, but so far this is the only thing that really works for my skin. The reason why I sometimes tried something else is because it's a tiny bit too dark and too pink for my pale skin with yellow undertones. But... I found a solution: I now simply mix it with a little bit of Hydralight SPF30 and that does the trick. It's still not perfect, but it looks a lot more natural. I have very sensitive and oily skin, that's a difficult combination. Because a lot of skin products for oily skin are too harsh for a sensitive one. This baby never irritated my skin or clogged my pores. My skin doesn't get greasy when I used this alone, but mixed with Hydralight like I use it, my face get 's a little bit shiny through the day... But it's not problematic, I don't look like a disco ball. Although I avoid direct sunlight as much as possible, this product really gives me the sun protection I need. (Posted on 01/07/2015)
Review by Sean
- I used this product for 3 weeks and I have all of a sudden started getting super dry skin on my forehead (where most of the oil on my face is produced) and I have started breaking out. I loved this product when I first started using it because I searched for years trying to find an oil controlling moisturizer that actually controlled oil! This did, and does, but to a whole new extreme. It has completely dried my skin out and has left me with noticeable dry patches on my head. Add to that the fact that it is tinted, it has ruined it for me. It's a shame really because this product had the stance to be amazing, and it's let me down... (Posted on 07/06/2015)
Review by Christine
I've been looking for a daycream to substitute Clinique sheer city block SPF 25 for quite some time now and this is a great alternative.
It's too light for my skintype though and I have to layer it with Paulas Choise recovery moisturizer.
I will repurchase though, mainly becouse it's tinted and keeps the surface matte.
It's actually somewhere between a sunscreen and a BB-cream, I have to cover spots and dark cirkles with a concealer but it does provide slight coverage. All and all, it's a great product. (Posted on 07/06/2015)
Review by Eunyoung
- More of a personal review of products for my own future reference when I come to reorder: I think I have somewhere between normal and Dry skin. Not too dry and not too oily but depending on the weather and season, seems to benefit from heavy moisturiser in the evening and light version in sweaty hot summers. I tried the sample of this SPF 30 thinking that I might use it on very hot days only. Nice light consistency with slight colour (much like a tinted moisturiser), gave my face that ever so slight coverage. Could even build up the coverage with more layers of the same lotion. Like SPF 30 and like the coverage and consistency but probably too drying, even in the hottest of weathers.. is particularly dry on the driest part of my face (naturally!) which are my cheeks and just under the eye area near the temple and above the cheekbone area. But may try a few more samples again when on a hot-sun holiday near the equator. (Posted on 01/06/2015)
Review by Clairey
I love this product! It has a light texture and isn't tacky to the touch. There is a slight tint which is perfect for my skin tone and means that on my brave days I can wander around town feeling all proud of myself for not wearing make-up!
Although unfragranced there is a slight scent which I find pleasant and not off-putting (even the husband like to kiss my face when I'm wearing it).
A little definitely goes a long way although I'd be interested in hearing the required amount to achieve the listed SPF protection.
I have recommended this product to my sister and I will most definitely be re-purchasing.
Customer Care: We have contacted you about the SPF question (Posted on 28/05/2015)
Review by Philip S
This is product is overall good. I ordered the sample and have only tried that, so keep that in mind when reading my review.
It leaves my skin very matte, though somewhat “powdery” for the first few hours after application. It's really not that bad but as a guy I wish it didn't. This does (for me luckily) not persist and your skin looks really good, matte and non-powdery after a few hours. If you were to wear makeup I'm sure it would be fine.
It gives a very sheer coverage because of the slight tint. It doesn't really cover any blemishes, merely leaves them slightly less obvious and red. I experienced no white cast from using this product.
This could be a good fit for men who just want to slightly dimminish redness or marks on their face. I would advice men (and women) to order the sample first though.
Their was no excess oil anywhere on my face after using this nor any dryness. It was very mild and did not irritate my eyes or any other area of my face.
Note: If you prefer a bit of a “glow” to your skin I can not recommend this product. If you prefer super matte (and very sheer coverage) this is the moisturizer with SPF for you!
My skin: Fair skin - Somewhat oily - Acne prone - Red marks from acne (Posted on 23/05/2015)
Review by Dawny
- I am a recent Paula's Choice convert. Having spent 100's - 100'S!!! of pounds on skincare in the past, I have finally found products my skin loves. I am VERY fair skinned, light and almost neutral in tone, I am the lightest shade in foundations and have combination skin that does not like to absorb ANY products, whether lotions, creams or gels (cheap or high end!). My skin simply kicks them out, so they tend to sit on the surface. But my skin absorbs this really well! It is a perfect shade for me - it does not oxidise (go orange)on my skin, and it moisturises and protects me from the sun. What more can I ask for? Colur, moisture and SPF! It is silky smooth and sinks in almost straight away, it adds the slightest tint to my skin, almost invisible. In fact it evens out my skin tone quite well. I find it perfect as a base for my Elizabeth Arden/Bare Minerals powder foundation. As with all the Paula's Choice products I now use, I got several samples first to try. I'm so glad I did. Thank you Paula :) (Posted on 12/05/2015)
Review by Lucy
Wearing this, although much lighter than traditional SPFs, still make me feel a bit 'caked in foundation'. I feel like I'm getting all the disadvantages of wearing a tinted SPF moisturiser (heaviness on skin, not easy to blend), without the advantages (proper coverage). It leaves my skin feeling tacky for hours as it doesn't soak in well.
Having said that, I have no doubt it provides my skin with beneficial ingredients and does a good job of protecting it from the sun, and the tint does prevent any white cast from showing. (Posted on 05/05/2015)
Review by Katie
I have been using this product on a daily basis for a few months now and although the product hasn't blown me away (what SPF products would?), I haven't had any problems with it; in the past I've struggled to find a decent SPF that hasn't irritated my skin in some way.
By far the best thing about this product is the fact that it can be used around the eyes: I've found it really difficult to track down an SPF suitable for the eye-area that doesn't cost the world. My only gripes would be that I would prefer the product not to be tinted - although it's subtle enough for my pale skin - as I feel the colour in the product may dry out the sensitive eye-area with regular use, and as a result I have noticed that occasionally my eyeshadow "drags" a little more than normal when blending it with a brush. Having said that, I would repurchase this product. (Posted on 26/04/2015)
Review by Rita
- I first tried this as a sample and my mother told me I looked as if I was wearing very expensive foundation. I never wear foundation, as my skin is pretty even and I prefer to go without, but the very light tint on this product improves the appearance of my skin without making me look that I tried too hard. It does not provide enough moisture for me, so I use on top of my moisturiser, just for the finishing touch, and I notice that my skin also really likes the extra moisture shield (and SPF, of course). (Posted on 20/03/2015)
Review by Kenneth
This is the best day dream I have ever tried. My skin is very sensitive and complex, oily with dry areas, and redness too. This cream is perfect for my skin. It stays mat all day, works perfectly as a sunblock, and hides little imperfections without looking like makeup.
Simply the best moisturizer ever!
Please don't ever change this product! And thank you Paula! (Posted on 18/03/2015)
Review by Tessa
I don't know how to delete my past reviews but I have to get back on it. I first found the product way too drying but after not using it for a while and hydrating my skin properly I went from a dehydrated dry combination skin to my usual dry combination skin and I us this moisturizer in my T-zone only now and it works like a charm and helps my make-up stay put.
It just shows that Paula's Choice's advice to keep experimenting is completely true. Can someone please tell me how to delete my old reviews? Customer Care: Thank you for your review. Great to hear this product works for you now! We have removed the review at your request.
(Posted on 05/03/2015)
Review by Joana Queiroz
I'm a 23 year old with blemish-prone, combo sensitive skin with some dry areas.
I've been using the Skin Balancing SPF 30 sunscreen but it made my face burn and it did sting alot, so I wanted to try a zinc dioxide sunscreen (physical/mineral sunscreen instead of a chemical one), which is suitable for sensitive skin.
I've purchased the trial version first to make sure the tint matched my skin tone, and it did! However, I don't think the tint is a problem because it does fade away a bit, it's not like a full coverage foundation.
I use this product with my Oil Balancing Cleanser and the super antioxidant skin balancing Serum.
It keeps my skin matte all day and my face feels moisturized! It doesn't dry out my skin at all. I use my concealer and a bit of pressed powder and I'm good to go!
My search is over, this is absolute mineral sunscreen perfection! Couldn't recommend more! (Posted on 04/03/2015)
Review by Mujgan
- I absolutely love this sunscreen! I have tried countless sunscreens in my quest to find one I like and can use everyday. I got my 2nd sunburn ever in late September 2014, and realised I had to use sunscreen everyday to prevent future damage. Since then I have tried various sunscreen and hated all of them! They were too heavy, left a white cast and did not feel pleasant on the skin. Especially for someone like me who has oily sensitive skin I cannot stand sunscreen that feel unpleasant and make me shiny! I ordered a few samples of this sunscreen early in my search but didn't use it on my face. Initially after trying it on my hand I thought it was too drying and the tint worried me. Fast forward a few months and I tried it on my face over a gel moisturiser as a last resort to see if I liked it and I haven't looked back since! It is an EXCELLENT sunscreen that spreads like a dream, the tint evens the skintone somewhat and best of all it sets to a matte finish! It doesn't not feel drying at all but I prefer at this winter time of the year to layer it with something underneath. In the summer I'm sure it will be fine to use it by itself since I am oily. I also ordered the Ultra-Light Antioxidant Serum to layer it underneath the sunscreen instead of my gel moisturiser. Hopefully that will be a winning combination that I can use successfully. I also ordered another tube of this just to make sure I have a backup since I love it so much and don't want to be without it ever. I really hope this product does not get discontinued or the formula changed since I think it is PERFECT and my search is over. I plan to use this indefinitely and highly recommend it! (Posted on 13/02/2015)
Review by SarahB
I have tried countless moisturisers & spend £££'s on those that promise results & never deliver. I read up on all of the moisturisers & their ingredients (via Beautypedia!) & was stunned about all of the unnecessary additives & minimal "active" ingredients that didn't help my sensitive, combination skin.
I thought I'd try this & bought a weeks worth of samples-which is just fantastic to make sure it's right for you before you take the plunge with a full size!
I was totally gobsmacked with the results-the cream is slightly tinted & smoothed on beautifully. My pores were invisible & my normally oily T-Zone didn't appear at all! The SPF is great. Another huge bonus is that I now only wear a tiny amount of light coverage foundation-rather than a medium/full coverage. My skin looks & feels AMAZING! After 35 years of searching, I've found my perfect moisturiser! Thank you PC! X (Posted on 03/02/2015)
Review by Joseph
- Zinc oxide works most effectively for me in keeping oils under control on my skin and also not aggravating my skin as other sunscreen actives do. However I get frustrated that in most skincare products it has such an unappealing application it actually feels like I am applying clown makeup. However, this just combines the best of all worlds it has a high zinc oxide content making me feel safe that I am not going to get UVA or UVB damage but it just applies so beautifully not leaving a white cast (due to the great tint) and also having a great silky smooth texture that I have never before experienced in a zinc oxide sunscreen. Great, great product. (Posted on 25/11/2014)
Review by Daniela
- I love this sunscreen so much!!! Since the first time I start using it I haven't used any foundation. My skin really loves it. (Posted on 12/11/2014)
Review by Mary
- I have this moisturiser, mainly for round my eyes, as the under eye area is the only area on my face, at the age of just- turned 50, that is now beginning yo show signs of aging in the form of fine lines. I don't, as yet, use it all over my face, as I am using the clear mattifying moisturiser during the day and the ultra light serum and the hydra light moisture infusing lotion at night. These products, following the clear normalising cleanser, the balancing toner and the extra strength exfoliator, together with the occasional use of the balancing mask, have transformed my skin!! I also do use a benzoyl pentoxide product on the now occasional spot that I get, mainly at a certain time of the month. Where I personally disagree slightly with Paula's advice, is that I still think that you DO need an eye-specific product. I did not find that any of Paula's products helped my fine lines, to be honest. So, I have reverted back to my eye serum and eye cream. This Resist product around the eyes is a bit drying for me. Although, Paula, to be fair, does state that, if your eye area is different from the skin on the rest of your face(which mine is), then you may need a separate eye product. But, all in all, as well as being terrific ant- blemish and acne products, they are also excellent anti- aging products. (Posted on 08/11/2014)
Review by Giovanna Maria
I use the hydralight one( which is amazing) and wanted to try something else. I usually don't like tinted sunscreens because they don't work well with foundation in my opinion because they are usually somewhat thicker and rub off as soon as you apply makeup.
But not this one i have super fair skin but it does not leave any color on my face but it does even out my skin tone. So i need less makeup, it is not thick or sticky either!! Really like it. (Posted on 27/09/2014)
Review by Rachael
I've been a dedicated Paula's Choice fan since my early 20s, and I absolutely adore everything about all the products I've used so far, so long as they don't need to match the colour of my skin. This otherwise brilliant sunscreen is no exception.
I tried this as a replacement for my beloved Clinique City Block (which I still love, but I'd rather support my favourite brand and, besides, this sunscreen is twice the size of City Block). I'd read in the reviews that it had a tint to prevent the zinc oxide from leaving a white cast. Everything about this product (except the colour!) is brilliant. It's a much lighter, more fluid formula than City Block, and it almost immediately dries down to a lovely matte finish (if your skin is drier you'll definitely need to use a moisturizer beneath; on my oilier skin my usual Antioxidant Concentrate does a great job). It feels comfortable and light on.
But then I just looked in the mirror at work. The tint is much too dark for my very, very fair skin tone - much more 'tan' than City Block, as a reference - leaving my face a different colour to my neck. I've also been using the RESIST Skin Transforming Multi-Correction treatment to correct some dark spots around my eyes, so my skin is really the opposite of tan at the moment.
I can see from the reviews that the tint suits other users, so I would LOVE It if PC could release a version of this for us ultra-pale sunscreen addicts, especially since every makeup brand out there is releasing 'BB' and 'CC' creams. If you did I'd buy it by the brace - and I imagine a lot of other fair-skinned people would, too!
So yes: this is a brilliant sunscreen. Just make sure you try a sample first to make sure the tint suits your skin tone! (Posted on 20/08/2014)
Review by Andrew
- Great sunscreen, no shine, no white cast. The tint offsets that and as long as your don't use too much it is not noticeable. Great that it is based on zinc oxide and has no titanium dioxide which is more likely to clog pores. I like the matte finish but find it a little too drying so gave it 4 instead of 5 stars but is non irritating. Sometimes you need to wash twice in the evening to get all of it off though. (Posted on 16/08/2014)
Review by Kristin
I recently got a complimentary sample of this - which intrigued me, and led me to purchase a few more to give it a proper evaluation.
Turns out that like it so much that I do think I'll buy it for these warm summer months, because it serves as something of an ultralight primer/BB/CC product for me.
While I understand that some reviewers would rather it not be tinted, for me, it ticks a lot of boxes BECAUSE of the tint. (Admittedly it won't work for all skintones.) With this, I only need to spot-apply foundation or concealer.
I was surprised that I liked it as my skin can be very dry in winter, only j ust dry-to-normal in summer. Granted, as as the day passes, I might end up with an oily t-zone; and this helps keep things even.
For moisture, I just put this on over my usual Skin Recovery regimen; they work well together.
It leaves a finish that is softly matte, rather than dull/flat. It feels very light on the skin, weightless even, and doesn't leave much of a white cast on my skin - just a bit of an evening, brightening effect. (For reference, my skintone is neutral, medium-fair with some redness and neutral to yellow undertones. NC20-25/Nars Ceylan/Inglot LW300-ish. If I were much darker, I wonder if it might be a bit too obvious.)
I like the fact it uses a physical sunblock, not chemical, as I sometimes find chemical sunblocks make my skin feel uncomfortably itchy when it's warm. This sits all day and has not been the least bit irritating - however, it isn't waterproof/sweatproof - so you WILL notice it if it moves around. Just something to bear in mind. (Posted on 31/07/2014)
Review by Sean
I use this product with my Oil Balancing Cleanser and the super antioxidant Resist Serum. They work perfectly with each other, but my only problem with this is that it is tinted. Not because I'm a guy... I work in the cosmetics industry so I wear make-up on a daily basis, but my only problem is that normally I would just use any excess as a hand moisturiser after applying to my face, but don't if you wear white. I have forgotten on many occasions and wiped my hand on my towel after using this on my face and my towel is left with a huge tan streak down it!
It's a shame this product doesn't come in an un-tinted version or it would have received 5 stars... (Posted on 23/07/2014)
Review by Maria Raquel
I really enjoy this product. It keeps my skin matte all day. Of course there is a price to pay for that: it feels a bit drying when I first put it on, I have to make sure to use a hydrating serum under it.
I like that it is tinted and i really like the appearance of my skin with it: I just aply a bit of concealer and a powder and it looks great all day. (Posted on 17/07/2014)
Review by Artemis
I really like this one for summer. It is shine-free on my face although it feels a tiny bit greasy on my hands when I apply it. If I were to wear it on its own, it probably not be enough for my dry cheeks, but I wouldn't go without my BHA so it's just right and my summer day cream of choice.
My one objection and why I give 4 instead of 5 stars, is that it only comes in a tinted version. Yes, it's very sheer and the colour works perfectly for me, but I'd rather have a choice.
Furthermore, if I'm not deliberately gentle, when I rub my Shine Stopper on top, it can cause the cream to pool in obvious coloured blobs that I have to smooth away and therefore I feel I may be removing part of my sun protection. (Posted on 03/07/2014)
Review by Mara
I have a combination/oily skin type, late 20's, female.
I've always had issues with the T-zone plus my nose and chin tend to sweat in temperatures above 30 degrees Celsius. Basically no product stays on, because the sweat just gathers it up in little drops and as soon as I wipe it off, everything else comes off too.
I've been using Paula's Choice products for almost a year now and I can definitely see the difference.
One of the products I could not go without is RESIST Advanced Replenishing Toner. Now, over the summer, I just use the cleanser, toner and this Daily Wrinkle Defense.
This light tint also hydrates the skin. Just a little bit will cover the whole face and neck. When it comes to a city sunblock, this is a good choice. Please be informed that does not act as a foundation, covering all imperfections and such. It is designed as a tinted sunblock and it does just that.
I have to say, though, that by lunchtime I have to apply some powder as my face becomes very shiny. It all depends on your skin type. Otherwise, the skin is smooth and toned, no streaks, blends in well.
Plus it is a good primer, makeup stays on flawlessly. The only problem I see (but I've yet to find a solution) is when you start sweating mildly, it becomes slightly apparent. (Posted on 02/06/2014)
Review by KAREN
- Disappointed with this product. Didn't agree with my skin at all. Ended up with dry flaky patches around my nose, on my forehead and on my chin- essentially my t zone. Have had to stop using it after 4 days. Customer Care: We are sorry to hear of your experience and discomfort. Although this is not a common response, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. We will contact you by email to assist with a refund and discuss an alternative . (Posted on 27/05/2014)
Review by Douglas
- Amazing stuff this...It keeps my skin happy all day...I have never had my skin feel this good ...ever! I have suffered with acne all of my life for the most part, since finding Paulas Choice products I can honestly say that I have the odd spot insteadof full acne...and with time Iit seems to be getting better and better. The colour of this product is perfect for me...Once rubbed in it dissappears and leave a near matt finish, perfect for us blokes! I can't recommend this product enough! Many thanks! And once again...PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE THE FORMULA...IT'S PERFECT! (Posted on 26/05/2014)
Review by Sabina
- I cannot even describe how much I love this product! It does what it says for 100% and even more. I love the fact it is tinted so I don´t have to use make up all the time. It absorbs quickly to the skin leaving it soft and moisturized. It is also the best base under make up I have ever tried (some moisturizers create little lumps on my skin after make-up application). Please DO NOT discontinue this product! (Posted on 12/05/2014)
Review by Helene
- This SPF moisturiser feels wonderful on my skin. I ordered it to use under foundation but am so delighted with the smooth, even finish it gives - matte, even on my t zone- that I can actually go without foundation make up! Love it! (Posted on 11/04/2014)
Review by BritBloke
I have never managed to find a moisturiser which didn't make me break out, and finding an SPF one was even harder as they tended to be very thick and gloopy and much too rich for my skin. I also try and avoid chemical sunscreens as I have quite sensitive eyes and find that they cause irritation to them.
I was kind of shocked when I first tried this moisturiser as it seemed quite heavily tinted - it looked very much like a foundation - and looked quite rich and creamy - I was sure it would look very obviously like makeup on my skin, and also that it would be far too rich for my greasy skin and make it break out.
However, having applied it carefully according to the instructions - what a revelation! At first it did seem like it left a slight cast on my face, but it spread beautifully and once it had sunk in, after a few minutes I was amazed - my skin looked great! Glowing, even and very soft and smooth, but it didn't look obvious and it even smoothed over my chin, neck and cheeks which I normally have a problem with as I have a heavy beard.
As a bonus the tint make any spots or red areas look a lot less noticeable - they didn't disappear completely but looked much less red and less obvious, and I didn't feel I looked like I was wearing makeup or foundation.
Best of all, I have used it right over my eyelids and under my eyes and it hasn't caused even a hint of irritation, so it's great to know my delicate eye area has SPF protection without irritation - that's some achievement with how sensitive my eyes are!
I've had lots of comments on how good my skin looks, and I've been using it long enough now to realise it won't make my skin break out. I even quite like the smell - like all PC products it's unfragranced, but it has a slightly biscuity smell which is quite pleasant. I have a slightly olive complexion and find the shade just right, but after a few minutes if you rub it in properly, it really does seem to disappear so I think it would suit the majority of skin tones except maybe very fair or very dark.
I don't give it five stars for three minor reasons - one, I was surprised that although my skin does feel smooth and soft after application, it also feels ever so slightly drying - this may just be the unfamiliar sensation of the mineral sunscreen, and it's only very slight, but I was still surprised a Resist moisturiser product didn't feel just slightly more hydrating.
Secondly, I find it a little hard to wash off - even using a PC cleanser, I need to wash twice and even then get a little of the tint on the cotton pad when I use a toner. Perhaps I am using too much - but I don't want to use too little and not get the sun protection I need. To be fair Paula's Choice could help more - on her products she tends to refer to "nickel-sized" amounts but we Europeans don't use nickels so I'm not sure how much that is!
Finally - the price. I accept that PC has to comply with EU cosmetics regulations and that we pay extra taxes etc. here but I still feel that at almost £30 for a small tube, this is very expensive. Complying with EU regulations is a one-off cost - once the formula is adjusted that's it - and European currencies are generally stronger than the US dollar, which helps offset import costs, so I don't entirely accept that the higher price I am charged in the UK is truly justified compared to the US price.
It's worth it, and I'll continue to use it, but it means I can't afford to buy other PC products I'd like to and have to prioritise and just buy a few key products. I am sure a modest price cut would be more than offset my better sales.
If it were very slightly more hydrating, was easier to wash off and cost a little less it would be perfect - and to be fair the first two problems may be caused by my using too much (any feedback on this would helpful bearing in mind I want to keep the SPF protection effective), it would be perfect. As it is, it's still an excellent SPF moisturiser and the best I've found to date - I'll be ordering it again. (Posted on 08/04/2014)
Review by Erica
- Was very disappointed with this moisturiser. i bought it as I was looking for something that contained resveratrol and some of the other key ingredients plus sunscreen for the day time. Was very excited to see it said it was perfect for all skin tones with no white cast. That has not been my experience. I've had this for several days and tried using it on dry skin, damp skin and left to absorb for several hours and my face is left looking ghostly grey. Really wished it had the sunscreen formula used in the Skin Balancing as I still really like the other aspects of this formula which is why I gave it 2 stars. (Posted on 23/03/2014)
Review by eva
This one is a new favorite in my everyday routine!
It moisturize my skin without making it shiny and the color just melts into my skin tone without making any yellow
or pink lines! It's perfect to use alone during the day. If I'm going out in the evening I combine it with a concealer or
some powder. (Posted on 22/03/2014)
Review by Kat
- This sunscreen feels really nice on the skin. It spreads easily and leaves my skin with a natural matte finish. The tint is a little too light for my skintone, but once the product settles( about 5 minutes) there's no visible white cast. I've tried many tinted moisturizers that left my skin looking pink, white or greasy. It's also great under makeup, it doesn't ball up or make my foundation slide off my face. Happy to have bought this despite the fact that samples are not available. Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We hope to have the samples back in stock in the near future. (Posted on 10/03/2014)
Review by Ross
- This does exactly what it says on the tube. For what more could one ask? It actually firms my skin, who knew that was possible? It leases my oily face matte all day long and I can use it right up to the lash line so I'm protected all over. Weirdly, I also adore the smell of this product; I'm aware it's not fragranced but the combination of ingredients smells divine, like so many PC products. Finally, a sunscreen with which I am entirely happy. (Posted on 13/02/2014)
Review by Alice
- My husband called me 'carrot face' when I wore this. As others have noted, it really does turn some of us orange. However, thanks to the review below, which was most helpful, I have ordered the hydralight moisturiser and hope by mixing the two I can arrive at something which works. (Posted on 06/01/2014)
Review by Martin
After years of searching for a facial sunscreen that doesn't leave an oily residue or cause irritation, I'm glad I found this. Upon application it feels like a skin treat rather than a regular sunscreen. It glides on setting to an even, healthy look. My skin looks rested and even toned. It's great to know I can finally wear sunscreen every day and hope that my brown marked skin appreciates it in the longer term.
I've always had problematic skin for all my 42 years - mild acne and psoriasis and Paula's Choice products never fail to impress me by giving me the healthy skin I always wanted. Getting my male mates to buy it is another matter - they can't get past the name 'Paula's Choice' - I'm happy to be more metro-sexual and love the improvements I'm seeing. Thanks from a now converted Paula's Choice advocate (Posted on 24/10/2013)
Review by Rachel
I'm another one of the growing army of pale people who cannot use this sunscreen by itself, because the tint is way way too dark, and the tone is pink/orangey, so not good at all. I mix it about fifty fifty with the Hydralight Mineral sunscreen and then the colour becomes bearable, dries out nicely and leaves a lovely matt finish that lasts, and looks very natural too.
I wish this was made without any tint of any kind, or at least with a very very light tint, so pale people could use it straight from the tube without having to mix with anything.
(Posted on 16/10/2013)
Review by Héctor
- I like the fact that this product really fullfil my expectations. Five main points for a five stars product: No shine at all (matte that lasts all day), color that matches common fair-medium shade, high mineral protection with no irritation and no white cast, full of antioxidants and almost a flawless finish. It's perfect for summer time although you can use it on winter applying moisturiser below (otherwise it feels tight).I think that this product means a huge improvement in Paula's effort to offer the best anti-aging protection while offering the best comfort. Thanks a lot. (Posted on 14/10/2013)
Review by Joshua
I actually can't use this product in isolation; the tint oxidises on my face to a vivid orange - I have fair 'level 1' skin - and the texture, though hyper-matte, is a little too drying for my (combination to oily) skin.
HOWEVER, if I take a glob of this and mix it with the Hydralight SPF 30 (the latter in about three times the quantity of the former) then I get the most perfect, invisible finish that I've been missing since switching to mineral sunscreens. The Hydralight SPF is otherwise unbearably white for me, and never truly 'sets'; mixing in the RESIST Super-Light, as described, rectifies both of these problems and subtly evens out my skin. The combo washes easily and leaves my skin softer and more relaxed than before the morning application. Best of all (for men), it absolutely does not look like makeup.
So, whilst neither the Hydralight nor this RESIST product work for me in isolation, the combination is SO GOOD that I wanted to share my experience. Especially as my skin now benefits from the antioxidant cocktails of both products and, of course, the gentle broad-spectrum UV protection assured by mineral actives.
With regard to the cost of these products, as described in the review below, I feel some key points are missing. Firstly, if you are in any doubt about the cost-saving benefits of this UK outlet, I recommend trying to order from the US site; with the standard international shipping and mandatory duty, this product (which I ordered early, with great anticipation) came in about £10 pounds more expensive. So if you wish to use PC products, this website is absolutely the cheapest way of doing so in the UK.
Second, product for product, the prices here reflect those of department store brands such as Clinique, and in fact are often slightly cheaper. This, before you even consider the variable quality of such other companies in terms of peer-reviewed, evidence-based efficacy.
Finally, and this is a huge inconvenience for anyone who wants to use Beautypedia, the EU/UK products from many brands - despite bearing the same names and packaging as their US counterparts - are often completely DIFFERENT (and invariably inferior) formulations. This is presumably a consequence of European regulations. So your UK Cetaphil/L'Oreal/MAC product bares no relation to the US equivalent, and frustratingly is often much worse for your skin. Not so with PC, where you always get complete product parity. (Posted on 14/10/2013)
Review by dawn
- i really love the smooth matte finish of this, no oilyness all day after one application. Makes my skin very soft also and breakout free. Only issue is the shade which is apparently for all skin types! When applying the recommended 1.25ml to my face, this comes up as an orange-pink colour, like the wrong shade of foundation! It is also very heavy like a thick makeup. really does not suit my fair skin. If you were to put a shade in this moisturizer different levels for different skin tones would have been good! That or have it colourless, like the other moisturizers? Was so looking forward to this too! Customer Care: Thank you for your review. Our panel tests for the RESIST Super-Light SPF 30 included those who were super fair (Level 0/Porcelain) to those with deeper skin tones (our upcoming RESIST Levels 6 &7), but we’re sorry to hear this wasn’t a fit for you. (Posted on 10/10/2013)
Review by Kevin
I am utterly disgusted in the price you are charging UK customers for this product compared to US. In this US this cost $27.00 which equates to £17 in british pounds.Why do UK customers have to pay £16 british pounds more than US for the same product?!? I understand there are certain EU laws etc but they do not effect price by this much. For example, Cetaphil in the US costs $8ish in the UK it costs £8ish.So why do you continue to try and rip off UK customers.From now on I will not be buying from you again. I was so excited for the release of this product, but no longer will I continue to buy from you until the pricing of the product are moderately the same as other countries. Customer Care : Thank you sharing your concerns with us and we are sorry to hear that are so disppointed in our prices. With regard to your reference to the prices on the website of Paula’s Choice USA, we would like to point out that prices on the EU website include VAT (which averages at 21% in the EU) and that no other import duties or taxes are payable on delivery of the goods. Prices on the website of Paula’s Choice USA are exclusive of VAT (which is payable on importing the goods in the EU) and any other import duties or taxes which may apply. In addition PC Europe has to deal with extra costs to comply with EU regulations and EU testing policies. We hope to have been helpful with this information. and again we thank for sharing your thoughts with us.
(Posted on 06/10/2013)
Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 is a daytime moisturiser with sunscreen designed for combination to oily skin with signs of ageing. Its multi-purpose formula not only protects skin from sun damage, but also fortifies it with potent antioxidants to repair and stimulate collagen production for firmer skin. You will see a more even skin colour, fewer visible lines and wrinkles, and the return of a younger healthy-looking glow.
This gentle, mineral-based formula has a sheer tint that works beautifully for all skin tones, whether worn alone or under foundation. An amazingly silky lotion texture leaves a soft matte finish that perfectly preps skin, allowing makeup to apply smoothly and evenly (no primer needed).
Pure, refined zinc oxide provides remarkable broad-spectrum protection without making skin more oily or triggering breakouts. It is perfect for sensitive skin or rosacea and great for use around the eye area. Daily sun protection is crucial for preventing wrinkles and brown spots, while still allowing skin to look fresh, even, and healthy.
This product is 100% fragrance-free.
Who is this product for?
Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 is best for combination to oily skin, and also suitable for sensitive, breakout-prone, or rosacea-affected skin. Ideal for those struggling with wrinkles, brown spots, and oily skin plus breakouts.
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30:
European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, August 2012, pages 2,909–2,616; and May 2012, pages 857–864; Journal of Dermatological Science, March 2011, pages 162–168; Rheumatology, July 2010 Epublication; Journal of Pharmacology, October 2008, pages 463-474; Food and Chemical Toxicology, April 2008, pages 1,298-1,307; Medicinal Chemistry, November 2005, pages 629–633; Molecular Nutrition and Food Research, May 2005, pages 405–430; Dermatologic Therapy, September-October 2007, pages 314–321; Anticancer Research, September–October 2004, pages 2783–2840; Journal of Postgraduate Medicine, July 2004, pages 131–139; International Journal of Dermatology, July 2003, page 505; and www.naturaldatabase.com.
If you apply this daytime moisturiser with sunscreen liberally before sun exposure and will not be perspiring heavily or swimming, then it is not necessary to reapply during the day unless you will be in the sun longer than 8 to 10 hours depending on your skin colour.
The FDA recommends you reapply sunscreen every two hours which is an option to consider. Alternately, you can touch up your sun protection by applying a pressed powder with sunscreen, such as Paula’s Choice Healthy Finish with SPF 15. Those spending the majority of their day indoors do not need to reapply—you will be protected all day.
How is Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 different from Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense SPF 30?
Although both products provide excellent broad-spectrum sun protection, Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 does this via the mineral sunscreen zinc oxide while Skin Balancing Ultra-Sheer Daily Defense SPF 30 uses avobenzone and other sunscreen actives.
Both formulas offer anti-ageing benefits: Each contains antioxidants to help defend skin against signs of ageing as well as cell-communicating and skin-repairing ingredients to help skin look and act younger.
Texture-wise, the Skin Balancing formula is lighter and more fluid (it’s a thin lotion) whereas Resist Super-Light has a slightly thicker lotion texture. Either will feel wonderful on combination to oily skin, and both set to a soft matte finish, so you’re not left looking greasy.
How is Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 different from Hydralight Shine-Free Daily Mineral SPF 30?
Both use mineral actives for gentle broad-spectrum protection, and both are excellent for combination to oily skin. The Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 uses only zinc oxide while Hydralight Shine-Free Daily Mineral SPF 30 uses a blend of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. The Resist Super-Light contains a slight tint to counteract the white cast inherent in mineral sunscreens (it doesn’t provide coverage and nearly vanishes after a few minutes on skin). The tint is ultra-sheer, and is perfect for any skin tone.
Is Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 the only Paula’s Choice moisturiser with sunscreen that provides anti-ageing benefits?
Definitely not! Every Paula’s Choice daytime moisturiser with sunscreens as well as our “body” sunscreens (which can also be applied to the face) provide broad-spectrum sun protection and contain antioxidants for enhanced defence and anti-ageing benefits.
Is Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 suitable for breakout-prone skin?
Yes. Despite containing 13% zinc oxide, this formula was designed so that the zinc oxide “floats” over skin rather than settling into pores. This is accomplished via silicone technology, which also enables the zinc oxide to be cosmetically elegant—a difference you will see and feel with each use!
Is Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 suitable for rosacea?
Yes. Not only is the formula fragrance-free (like every other Paula’s Choice product) it contains the gentle mineral active zinc oxide plus proven anti-irritants and antioxidants that work to reduce inflammation. When inflammation is reduced, skin appears less red and looks more even.