Resist Anti-Aging Super Antioxidant Serum
Skin Type: All Skin Types
Skin Concern: Anti-Ageing | Brown Spots | Sensitive Skin | Wrinkles
Full product name: Resist Anti-Aging Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum
Size: 30 ml
Availability: In stock
Go away brown spots. Run along, wrinkles. Spread a few drops of this silky super antioxidant serum on your face for skin that looks younger than ever.
- Vitamin C firms, brightens, and stimulates collagen production
- Spreads easily and absorbs quickly, leaving a silky, breathable finish
- 100% fragrance and colourant-free
prices are including VAT
Review by CAROLE
The consistency of this serum is far too thick and drags the skin on application. Having said that, my skin does look good in the morning after use. As I only wear it before going to bed I've taken to mixing it with a bit of regular moisturizer for ease of use. Worry that this will dilute its effect but it's the only way I can use it. Your advice would be appreciated.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you don't like the texture of this serum. Usually this serum in a silky base spreads easily, and a few drops are enough for the entire face. However, if you like to mix it with your moisturizer, this is absolutely fine. Should you need further advice, please feel free to contact our customer care team. (Posted on 20/11/2016)
Review by Louise
This is a really great serum for any skin type. It goes on quite thick and greasy, but for me, it soon disappears to a lovely matte finish, but still adds some moisture and suppleness to the skin.
I use it under the Resist oil renewal booster product. Those two products used together are perfect for my sensitive skin and extremely sensitive eyes. I even apply a thin layer to my eyelids which can get dry and red due to mild eczema.
It doesn't contain the Glycols, which I seem to be sensitive to, and does contain a great assortment of beneficial ingredients including vitamin c, which is very welcome due to my hyper pigmentation / sun damage issue. Highly recommended.
(Posted on 16/04/2016)
Review by Mariam
Goes great around the eyes ! Really brightens :)
I must say delivery is unbelievably slow from paulas i really hope that they improve that it takes weeks to recieve that cant possibly be royal mail standard?? :(( (Posted on 21/03/2016)
Review by Laura Inger Margrethe
I have sensitive, break-out prone combination skin and eczema. I use this as my daytime serum, and I am very pleased indeed. Although this is silicone-based, it doesn't feel like your typical silicone-based serum (think Estée Lauder night repair). The texture is actually surprisingly "rich", and doesn't feel dry when it has dried down. It wears very well under makeup.
At the end of the day my skin feels hydrated, not oily. It hasn't irritated my skin at all, and it doesn't break me out. My acne has actually decreased! Furthermore, my acne scars are beginning to lighten, even the old and stubborn ones.
Great product, Paula! (Posted on 12/01/2016)
Review by Katrin
- This is a good serum, its moisturising enough for my temperamental combination skin with dry patches, and didn't make my skin break out, which I've noticed happens often with other much-praised C-vitamin products. I don't know why previous reviewers complain about this being not good under-make-up product, as it is clearly for night use. Why would you use C-vitamine or Retinol product during the day? Anyway, I tried a sample, so I can't comment on long-term results, but because of my age (38), my skin turns itself around pretty quickly, so its visible immediately in the morning if the over-night treatment has worked. For younger users it may-be not so clear. My skin looked fresh, and after a few nights' use some small lines were less visible, and was moisturised and plump. After a week, the skin tone was more even. I also tried mixing it with Paula's milder Retinol treatment and it gave even better result. It was also ok around under the eyes, no irritation. You only need a little, so it'll last awhile. Obviously its not a miracle treatment, but nothing is, unless you go for a surgery. The only reason I gave it 4* was because personally I'm not very fond of silicone-heavy consistency, I just don't like the feel of it, but other than that - excellent serum. (Posted on 01/11/2015)
Review by Emily
- Unfortunately I was a little disappointed with this product, mainly due to its consistency and the way the product sits and feels on the skin. Unlike most serums, this has a rather thick consistency that doesn't seem to absorb well into my skin (I have combination skin). It sits on my skin leaving a slightly tacky finish. Foundation and concealer tends to cling to the serum and therefore difficult to blend into the skin for a natural finish. However it does seem to be working well in keeping my skin moisturised and plumped. (Posted on 10/10/2015)
Review by John
- I really like this serum! It absorbs quickly and isn't shiny! Wonderful in the summer, in the winter i need something heavier since i have very dry skin! For normal skin, however, I would imagine that it would be perfect year around! (Posted on 09/10/2015)
Review by Lynda
this serum goes on beautifully and feels very silky. Not really sure if it is the right one for my skin yet. However I think it deserves 5 stars as it feels great and didn't bring me out in spots. I'm new to Paula's choice and I have to say I'm finding it very hard to find the right products for my skin type ( awkward!).
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. In general, it may need some experimentation to find the best products for your skin type. Please do not hesitate to contact our customer care department for a recommendation. (Posted on 09/08/2015)
Review by Charlottie
I have never used Paula's Choice skincare before but decided to take advantage of the recent offer on and buy!
This is a really gentle on your skin but incredibly effective with powerful ingredients, I am really enjoying using this product and I WILL be repurchasing.
(Posted on 26/07/2015)
Review by Marlene
- I have to say that I find this serum quite greasy, so after buying it to use in the morning, I now use it at night instead as it just wouldn't soak into my skin enough to make it suitable on my skin for daytime use. But it's still a fantastic serum. You just need a few drops and together with my nighttime Retinol moisturiser by the next morning my skin feels so good and hydrated. I especially love to use it on its own around my eye area and it's great mixed with the Paula's Choice 1% Retinol cream which alleviates any possible drying and redness from the Retinol apart from hydrating my skin and making it lovely for the next morning. I won't be without this now. (Posted on 29/05/2015)
Review by Lucy
- Favourite serum so far. Soothing texture - clear, but halfway between a gel and a cream. Moisturises my face beautifully without breaking me out. I've used it all over my combination skin and its felt wonderful. I use this in combination with the resist ultra light serum which has a different consistency. This is one for drier, more irritated days when my skin needs rehydrating. (Posted on 18/03/2015)
Review by Joseph
- This beats my second favorite PC product (spf30 daily wrinkle defence) to top spot because of the high content of ester form vitamin c and other brilliant antioxidants. well done paula and team for yet another holy grail product. (Posted on 20/02/2015)
Review by Gio
- What a great product this is! It is silicone-y in texture, which gave me reservations, but it doesn't feel sticky or weighty as other silicone products can. I apply this serum under my sunscreen every day and have seen a marked clarity to my skin over the period I've used the serum. A little of this serum goes a long way and so it's really excellent value when you consider how much of it you get. (Posted on 09/02/2015)
Review by Alannah
- I love this serum and use it twice daily. It's an essential part of my skincare regime, and it definitely boosts my skin's condition. (Posted on 05/02/2015)
Review by Karen
- I think this serum is very good. I recently had a very bad skin reaction to new products that promised to control my rosacea, and my skin became intolerant to everything apart from bland cleanser and this serum. Moisturises my face very well. Good under make up too, I just give it 10 minutes to sink in. Well worth the cost. Highly recommend. (Posted on 12/10/2014)
Review by Kate
- I love this. It goes on like velvet, is super hydrating making my skin feel and look plump shiny and healthy. A little goes a long way for me so it is an economical sensible purchase which will deliver immediate results. Thank you! X (Posted on 28/09/2014)
Review by Jackie
- This product is incredible. I don't usually write reviews about products that I have tried because normally they don't live up to the hype. At the age of 56 I have tried a fair few skin care products and serums in my time but I have never seen the promised results I have however, had results that I did not want such as breakouts, rashes etc. I have also wasted more money then I care to think about. I came across Paula's website by accident and I am so glad that I did. After only a few applications of the serum I could see noticeable changes. The persistent rash that I always seemed to have (from using products that did not suit my skin type) started to clear up. After only a couple of weeks of using the serum the rash has completely disappeared!!! My skin is clear and has a lovely glow to it. I have also noticed a change in my skin texture and firmness. I am so impressed by this serum that I have just ordered my second tube. I have also ordered some other products from the range and if they are as effective as the serum then I am hopeful that my search for an effective skin care regime is over! (Posted on 07/09/2014)
Review by C J
Can't get enough of this, its really the most super product on the market. It has made a marked improvement to the appearance of my skin, it feels more comfortable and it glows with health, Its very easy to apply and absorbs in seconds and only a few drops are needed to make a strong improvement relatively quickly. I've been blessed with good skin and I wasn't particularly looking for something to make me look younger (I'm 50) I just wanted something to improve and protect what I already have and this product had certainly helped. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend
(Posted on 03/07/2014)
Review by KAREN
- Love this serum. Lovely texture. Easily to apply. Feels great on. Saw benefits in my skin within days. (Posted on 27/05/2014)
Review by Paul
I must give this serum 5 stars because it deserves it. I purchased this serum for the first time and now I am with my second one and I must admit that I am quite happy with it. At the beginning i was a little scared because my skin is oily and when i opened it a saw it was a little greasy I thought it was going to be bad for me but to be honest it goes very fast into your skin and does not give you any shine. it is full with good antioxidants ingredients and we all know that antioxidants are very important for skin so i must say Bravo Paula
(Posted on 12/03/2014)
Review by Kat
- I've only been using this a couple of days but I really love the texture and how silky it feels when you smooth it on, you only need a small blob of it, though I do find that it can look slightly shiny. Only problem is that since using it, my forehead has started to have rough, kind of "bumpy/gritty" patches and as it said it's suitable for use around eyes I've been using but on my eyelid, it's developed a small red, sore, sensitive patch of skin and it stung to apply moisturiser (that I've had no problem with before) my forehead felt that same as well but no problem with that rest of my face and neck, it's my skin feel soft and smooth... (Posted on 05/03/2014)
Review by Didi
This is my favourite product (so far) in the Paula's choice range. At first I was concerned as it seemed viscous and didn't penetrate immediately but that was a good excuse to give my skin a gentle,stimulating massage!
Once it sunk in my skin was soft, plumped up and glowing. I also love that it is gentle, fragrance free yet so full of skin improving ingredients and in the few weeks I have used it fine lines are less on my forehead and my face looks fresher. Well done paulas choice. (Posted on 26/10/2013)
Review by Nina
- This product is fabulous in every way. I don't find it greasy, despite the high silicone content & it just forms a lovely veil of goodness! One thing I wonder is how one is able to only use a few drops as advised? I have to use much more than that in order to spread the product over my entire face and neck as it is rather thick. (Posted on 17/12/2012)
Review by Anthony
- I love this serum! It's full of so many potent anti-oxidants and ingredients that are beneficial for your skin. The product itself consists of an orange gel that, if you apply too much, can leave your face sticky. However, you learn to apply the correct amount and it starts to absorb perfectly. I think it goes with the RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer perfectly and is especially good for anyone whose skin cannot tolerate Retinol as this serum doesn't contain it. A must have for anyone’s anti-aging needs! (Posted on 10/12/2012)
Review by Yesim
- I really really loved this serum. Unlike other serums, it did not break me out. I also started using it around my eyes - just brilliant. (Posted on 19/10/2012)
Review by Julia
- I'm keen on the potent list of ingredients in this, liked the texture and it does seemed to have evened out my complexion a little. My concern is about the packaging. Elsewhere on this website it states that any vitamin c product should be sold in an airtight, opaque package to avoid oxidation/damage to the active ingredients. Though opaque, this tube is not airtight and sucks air back into it after use. I've heard that a yellowish-looking serum is an oxidised one and mine has a definite yellow tinge to it. I don't know if that's the colour of the serum or evidence that the product has spoiled. I really want to use an antioxidant daily as a preventative measure but am hesitating to re-order because of my concerns over the packaging. Customer Care: The color of the product does not represent oxidization, rather it’s the actual color of the raw materials used. Regarding the packaging: given how small the opening is for the tube and the multiple layers of plastic used in the packaging this minimizes the amount of air that is let back into the tube. Airless pump packaging would not work for this type of product because of the viscosity of the formula. As long as you recap the product after each use, the product will perform fine. (Posted on 13/10/2012)
Review by Mathilda
- amazing product that really works to lessen fine lines, but since my skin is quite oily i only use in the evenings since it gets a little greasy otherwise. (Posted on 28/03/2012)
Review by Vik
- Having tried a number of serums I will defiantly stick with this one. One high street brand claiming 'repair' brought me out in huge spots, another pricey brand was highly perfumed and left my make piling. At last - this serum, at far less cost, is amazing. At first it felt greasy and I was worried but after less than 1 minute it had soaked in almost everywhere and I just buffed the remainder in for soft skin! Very pleased, will re-purchase. (Posted on 02/03/2012)
Review by Diana
- I would have never thought something so small can be this nice! I haven't used serums before but I love this one. I will always reorder this product! (Posted on 23/11/2011)
Review by Anitha
- I love love love this serum. One of the best serums i have used so far. Thanks Paula for this great product. (Posted on 14/05/2011)
Review by Indra E
- Be really caution with this product, because now i'm addicted to it and never go anywhere wihout it :)).....Great job Paula for saving our skin and budget!! (Posted on 20/02/2011)
Review by Xelo
- I have conbination and sensitive skin.I use every night all over the face, neck and around the eyes. The serum seems to be greasy but they absorbs quickly and your skin feels smooth and hidrate and with no residue. (Posted on 18/01/2011)
Review by Alexander
great when skin turn a bid winter dry, to bad it doesnt contain retinol.
Customer Care: you could consider to try out the Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate for normal to very dry skin which contains retinol. (Posted on 28/12/2010)
Review by Sonia
- I use it every morning with my moisturizer I simply mixed them together and apply it all over my face and around the eyes too, then I wait for 3-5 minutes for it to sink in then I apply my HG Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 45 and wait 5 minutes before I proceed with my make up routine. My skin keeps supple, fresh and very radiant the whole day. My friends are asking me what am I doing on my skin lately because it looks very pretty! ;) (Posted on 29/04/2010)
Review by katy
So excited to receive this product and thought this would be even superior to the Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum for normal to dry skin but was dissapointed with the texture and result.
Customer care: The Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is the same product as the Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. Only the name has been changed, the formula has not.
(Posted on 12/04/2010)
Review by Hector
I was really excited about trying this new formula. I heard about this ingredients a lot of times in the past although some of them are really new nowadays. I feel proud about this product because I know I'm using one of the best(maybe the best one) antioxidant-rich product in the market and one of the best sunscreen's mate atlhough I cannot say I've seen an incredible change on my face. The only thing I don't like is the sylicone texture, I would prefer a lotion or even a creamy texture, I mean something a little bit more emollient. Anyway, One of the best antioxidant products in this war for figuring out the best skincare product.
One advice: apply as little as you can in order to absorb rightly and don't leave a shiny effect. (Posted on 12/02/2010)
At night, smooth a few drops onto skin after cleansing, toning, and exfoliating. May be applied under or over moisturizer. May be worn under makeup and applied around the eyes. May be used twice per day if desired.
What makes this product unique?
Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum utilizes an innovative blend of ingredients that research has proven ageing skin needs to look younger and feel its healthy best. Stabilized Vitamin C plus potent antioxidants in a silky base join ingredients that repair damaged cells and rebuild skin's protective barrier so it functions optimally. This state-of-the-art serum efficiently addresses multiple issues that cause skin to look wrinkled while reducing inflammation and the visible effects of sun damage. This product is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free.
Who is this product for?
Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum works great on all skin types concerned with reducing signs of ageing. It is especially suitable for normal to dry or combination skin types.
Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent/suspending agent), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent/suspending agent), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-5 (cell-communicating ingredient), Ceramide NP (skin-repairing ingredient), Tocotrienols (vitamin E/antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Ubiquinone (coenzyme Q10/antioxidant), Thioctic Acid (Alpha Lipoic Acid, antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Ferulic Acid (antioxidant), Beta Glucan (anti-irritant), Superoxide Dismutase (antioxidant), Epigallocatechin Gallate (Green tea-derived antioxidant), Ergothioneine (mushroom-derived antioxidant), Glutathione (fruit-derived antioxidant), Xanthophyll (antioxidant pigment), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Glycerin (skin-identical agent), Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract (anti-inflammatory agent), Lupinus Albus Seed Oil (antioxidant), Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract (antioxidant), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (emollient), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum:
Cell Biology and Toxicology, March 2009, Epublication; Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, September 2007, pages 183–188; Dermatologic Therapy, September-October 2007, pages 314-321; Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy, September 2006, pages 453–457; Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, March 2006, pages 30–38; Toxicology, January 2006, pages 213-220; Cutis, December 2005, Supplemental, pages 7–12; International Journal of Toxicology, volume 24, supplement 2, 2005, pages 51-111; Biofactors, November 2005, pages 179–185; International Journal of Immunopathology and Pharmacology, July-September 2005, pages 497-502; Experimental Dermatology, September 2005, pages 684-691; and June 2003, pages 237-244; Dermatologic Surgery, July 2005, pages 814-817; International Journal of Biological Macromolecules, July 2005, pages 116-119; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, June 2005, pages 215–223; Journal of Cosmetic Science, September–October 2004, pages 473–479; International Journal of Dermatology, August 2004, pages 604-607; Biofactors, 2003, pages 289–297; Archives of Facial Plastic Surgery, volume 5, issue 2m, March-April 2003, pages m145-m149; Cosmetics & Toiletries, June 2002, pages 45–50; Free Radical Research, March 2002, pages 329–340; Free Radical Biology and Medicine, February 2001, pages 393–402; International Journal of Pharmaceutics, April 10, 2000, pages 39–47; Anticancer Research, September–October 1999, pages 3769–3774; and Nutrition and Cancer, February 1998, pages 81–85; and Biochemical Pharmacology, August 1996, pages 627–633.
Which Paula's Choice serum should I use?
All skin types can use any of our serum and each provides multiple anti-aging benefits, but there are some formulary distinctions that make certain Paula's Choice serums preferred for specific skin types. Here's how they break down:
+ Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum and Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum can be used by all skin types, including sensitive skin. The Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair Serum contains the highest amount of retinol.
+ Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is best for normal to very dry skin because it contains plant oils.
+ Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is best for normal to oily or combination or breakout-prone skin because it has the lightest texture and weightless finish.
+ Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is one of two Paula’s Choice serums that does not contain retinol. It's the natural choice for anyone whose skin cannot tolerate retinol.
+ Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum has the lightest texture of all the Resist serums and is our only water-based (rather than silicone-based) serum. It does not contain retinol, so is recommended for those whose skin cannot tolerate this ingredient (or it may be used with one of our retinol serums).
At what point after my laser and/or peel procedure can I begin using my serum again?
First, we urge you to follow the post-procedure instructions your doctor or nurse provided. If nothing was mentioned about when to resume use of a serum, please contact the doctor's office where you had the procedure done. Otherwise, our general advice is to begin using your serum again as soon as possible. All of our serums contain skin-repairing, anti-inflammatory, and replenishing ingredients that calm reddened skin and help enhance the healing process. Make sure you're also protecting your "new" skin every day with a product rated SPF 15 or greater.