Regular Price: £33.00
Special Price: £29.70
Resist Anti-Aging Retinol Serum
Skin Type: All Skin Types
Skin Concern: Anti-Ageing | Rosacea-prone | Wrinkles
Full product name: Resist Anti-Aging Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum
Regular Price: £37.00
Special Price: £33.30
Size: 30 ml
Availability: In stock
Laughing. Squinting. Living. It all leaves its mark. This retinol-rich serum increases collagen, smooths wrinkles, and softens fine lines.
- Supercharged retinol and antioxidants repair wrinkles and sun damage
- Anti-irritants reduce redness and soothe sensitive skin
- 100% fragrance and colourant-free
prices are including VAT
Regular Price: £37.00
Special Price: £33.30
Review by Natia
- I have got a sample of this absolutely fantastic product just recently. Even after the first application, I could see how good it felt on my skin and how amazing my skin looked. The texture is very pleasant. It easily absorbs and leaves a velvet like feel on the skin. The skin becomes smooth, even toned and my only concern, mimic lines on my forehead - are completely invisible. I usually splurge on skincare products and have used everything from La prarie, chanel, dior, biologique recherche, estee lauder, la mer, etc but this is the first time I have been amazed by the results to the point of wanting to share the experience with others. I will definitely buy this product and would recommend it to everyone. (Posted on 20/03/2017)
Review by Amanda
I bought the trial size of this and love the packaging, makes even a trial size product feel luxurious. This stuff is really, really greasy with a little going an extremely long way! However, once you get it on it does sink in which amazes me, given how greasy it first appears. The blurb on the trial size product says that you could use this under some makeup...I'm gonna say...NO WAY! Although this sinks in and I actually love this product, there is NO WAY I would use this either under makeup or even during the day.
I mix this with either the 1% retinol or the Resist Anti-Aging Intensive Repair Cream, as part of my night time routine and it certainly helps prevent retinol side effects and makes the repair cream go even further. I use 5 PC products with retinol in and my under eye area has been transformed, my dark circles are much lighter, eye bags reduced and fine lines gone, my husband has even noticed and I don't have to use a whole bunch or products to cover everything up anymore! However, I don't know which product is responsible or whether it's the combination effect and if so, which combination so I'll just have to say it's the retinol effect! (Posted on 29/07/2016)
Review by Alina
Unfortunately this product doesn't work with foundation. I use this serum every other night and my skin looks fresh and smooth without make up, but after I apply foundation my skin is very flakey and horrible. I don't know what to do anymore, I am using it since 2 weeks. Should I continue using it?
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with this product. Although this is not a common response, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. Our customer care team has contacted you by email for an alternative product. (Posted on 28/07/2016)
Review by Michelle
This stuff feels beautiful and the skin and really is marvellous at doing its job. The only thing I don't like about this product is the packaging the words "wrinkle-repair" is not something I like sitting in my bathroom when I have guests. It's a shame because the bottle is beautiful chrome finish.
Answer customer service:
thanks for your comments! We are always looking for ways to improve our products, so we will pass along your feedback to our Product Development team! (Posted on 21/05/2016)
Review by Paul
Adding this to my nightly routine was the best decision I've made in quite some time. My skin is looking and feeling smoother, and my dry, reddened and flaky skin has been have been dealt with - quick-sharp.
I've always had a kind of love / hate relationship with retinol in the past- either companies provided too little of the active ingredient to make a discernible difference, or too much which irritated my skin, and thus was clearly unable to handle. This Resist product is absolutely perfect in that regard (for my needs).
It has boosted my confidence by adding back this amazing ingredient into my daily routine, and I feel there has been almost a synergistic effect in all of these great ingredients working together - without the negative effects.
It feels a little greasy at first (I like to mix my product with my nightly Barrier repair Moisturiser & HA Booster) but it soon sinks in, leaving soft and glowing skin. I also have no irritation using this retinol serum after my BHA products, but you will need test the waters yourself. Absolutely 5 stars and highly recommended. (Posted on 09/03/2016)
Review by Louise
I love this serum. It's my favourite of all the PC serums I've tried. Even though it has a good percentage of retinol it doesn't cause any irritation of my stupidly sensitive skin. I use it at night, as I prefer a product without retinol during the day. It has just the right amount of emoillents for me, so is fairly quickly absorbed and doesn't end up on the pillow, but leaves my skin super soft too.
I can't attest to the long term results yet, but so far it's earned its place as a staple.The packaging is very easy on the eye, but I just hope the pump holds up over time. Just an aside - more frequent free P+P would be very welcome. (Posted on 21/02/2016)
Review by Rosana
- I just want to say this a fantastic product, the best on the market. I'm so impressed with the prompt customer services and the way a issue was handled. Thanks for your patience and answering thousands of questions. You people are the best. (Posted on 15/02/2016)
Review by AD
I absolutely love this serum. I cannot do without it. My skin is clear and so soft and smooth. I know that it is a combined effort of all the PC products I use. This one makes my skin brighter and fades dark spots. I am glad I took my chances with PC as I had given up trying product after product for my skin. Thank you. You are a great team. I also want to mention how helpful the customer service team is. Prompt, polite and very helpful.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review and compliment. It's great to hear that this serum worked so well for you. We are always delighted to hear from our customers. (Posted on 08/12/2015)
Review by Anna
- Bought trial size only. Didn't like it at all. Clog my pores. (Posted on 07/12/2015)
Review by Alexandra
- This is one of my favourite products, my skin looked great when I was using it. I stopped when I got pregnant and I am not using it yet, because I am breastfeeding, but I can't find a serum or moisturizer that does such a good job on my skin as this one. I will definetely re-use when possible. (Posted on 03/12/2015)
Review by Katrin
- Really impressed after sampling bha 2% liquid and this Retinol serum for a few nights, clear moisturised skin, sorted out my mild stress-acne, fine lines and skin looks much more even. This combo is definitely a future full-size purchase, bha 2% and Retinol are must-buy for everyone, who battles sun-spots, break-outs and fine lines all together. I found this very easy to use, no irritation whatsoever, although my skin is quite sensitive otherwise. Previously, I haven't been able to use retinol products from other brands more than 2 nights in a row, usually I've used every other, or every third night as skin has become flaky and slightly reddish. This is normal, and I don't mind alternating, or layering natural oils underneath as I know our skin has to get used to Retinol, but this serum is dream to use, everynight serum. The only mild con for me personally is that it has quite silicone-rich texture, but apart from this - Excellent! (Posted on 01/11/2015)
Review by Benjamin
A combination of this product and your 2% bha liquid has left my break out and blemish prone skin flawlylu , For the first time in 15 years. Wonderful products and impeccable customer service. Thank you
Customer Care: Thank you for the review and the kind words. We are always happy to hear when our products make a difference! (Posted on 14/07/2015)
Review by Eunyoung
- Surprisingly hydrating and calming on the skin. Only used it once from a sample and perhaps a longer use is needed to see any results but feels nice on the skin, especially as part of night time skin care as this is oily, sticky consistency. Could use it around the eyes as well. Hydrating and moisturising enough by itself that I didn't use any moisture to follow up after. (Posted on 01/06/2015)
Review by Marlene
- I love this serum. I use it on alternate nights (I use the Paulas Choice 1% Retinol cream on the other nights) following this serum with the Resist Barrier Moisturiser with Retinol and for me it's perfect. It's a lovely consistency which soaks into the skin almost immediately and my skin feels soft and smooth straight away. Using this serum with the Resist Barrier Moisturiser, I go to bed with lovely feeling skin which does not feel greasy and my skin looks and feels great when I wake the next morning. My skin has never looked so good and this is yet another one of the fantastic Paula's Choice skincare products I will not be giving up! (Posted on 29/05/2015)
Review by Dawny
- My skin is combination, prone to breakouts and doesn't like many products. Moisturisers and other similar skin care products are initially absorbed only for them to be pushed back out and to sit like an oil slick on my face! So to find ONE serum that does good, is absorbed and stays put - never mind THREE - all from Paula's Choice, has amazed me. I love the SKIN BALANCING serum, the SKIN RECOVERY serum is great as an occasional treat, and I thought this would be the same. But shockingly, this Retinol serum is suitable for me everyday! It is now my go to serum. Initially I had tried the sample size 1% Clinical Retinol product, to try Retinol, and had followed strict instructions on how often to use it. I was pleased to get no adverse effects. So a Retinol serum seemed a good choice. This serum is thick, oily/greasy, and heavy. Everything my skin hates. And I thought it would be way too much for my skin. But like the red Skin Recovery serum, I was suprised to find that although it feels oily and greasy on initial application, if I leave it for a few minutes to sink in, it just disappears. I pull my hair back, and use this serum all over my face, including eye area, most days, after cleansing, toning and exfoliating with my other PC products. It does sink into my skin, leaving it feeling soft, and surprisingly ungreasy. At night I do not add a moisturiser as this serum leaves my skin feeling adequately moisturised. During the day I ALWAYS use one of my SPF moisturisers on top, either the SPF 30 or 50 one, depending on how much time I am outside. They sink in on top of all of my PC products, including this one, without a problem. I am so thrilled with my current Paula's Choice skincare routine, and have already seen positive changes in my skin. It is softer, smoother, almost T-Zone free, and I rarely get any spots any more! Thank you Paula :) (Posted on 23/05/2015)
Review by S
Sadly, this caused burning and some reddening. It took several applications (maybe 6 )for this to occur (I used it nightly). I get reactive redness over my nose and have been prone to peri-oral dermatitis in the past. My skin got a bit redder over the cheeks and nose. My skin must have become sensitised to an ingredient (s) or the amount of retinol, perhaps. However, many reviews here are very positive. No harm in ordering a sample first. We are sorry to hear of your experience and discomfort. Customer Care: Thank you for your feedback. Although this is not a common response, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. Perhaps RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum that doesn't contain retinol is a better option for your skin.
(Posted on 18/01/2015)
Review by Joseph
- I got the 7ml deluxe sample and loved it. If I had not been going to get the ultra light serum already would have grabbed the full size as well. (Posted on 31/12/2014)
Review by Monika
The only thing I can say is I really wish I would have found it sooner!
Thank you Paula's Choice for this and all other amazing products.
(Posted on 15/12/2014)
Review by Firefox7275
- One 1ml sample lasted three applications (face and decollette) so a little goes a long way. Greasy on application, but the volatile silicones evaporate off fairly quickly leaving silky skin. I haven't experienced any irritation or adverse reaction even used twice a day or on irritated skin after microneedling. I will not purchase the full size because I am not keen on silicone heavy products. (Posted on 02/11/2014)
Review by Willow
I purchased this product, along with the Paula's Choice Resist Advanced Replenishing Toner, and I have been using both for over five weeks now and have noticed no discernible difference in my skin whatsoever. If anything, my skin seems slightly more irritated and prone to spots.
Although these products are by no means the most expensive, it still felt like an investment at £55 for the two. Since having both my children, my skin has gone from good to tired-looking, blotchy, bumpy and haggard. I was desperately seeking a skincare regime that would help alleviate some of these problems and the reviews of Paula's Choice products generally, seemed very good. I really wanted to like the Resist products and I have persevered with them, but sadly, they don't seem to work at all for me.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you haven't seen better results. Please contact our Customer Care Team so we can help you find products that may work better for you. (Posted on 24/09/2014)
Review by Alegría Shiau
I've been using RESIST Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum for 3 years and it really does work and makes my skin healthy and radiant. I'll continue using it!
(Posted on 08/06/2014)
Review by Fran
- 11 out of 10 for this serum - after testing out extensively with samples I took the plunge and bought the full size. This product really is fantastic, but packaging is ludicrous and pointlessly fiddly. What's wrong with a tube or even a normal pump? I am definitely a convert to Paula's range, she has sorted out my aging rosacea and eczma raddled skin, but this smacks of a marketing dept justifying their existence. (Posted on 07/02/2014)
Review by Kevin
Ok so, Paula has said on many reviews on this very webiste that palm oil can clog pores.. yet continues to put it in her product designed for all skin types.Therefore, no surprise I had a breakout. I must admit not a major breakout - two yellow heads because I used BHA 2% liquid before applying (which i highly recommend) Although I didn't like this product, the texture is silky gel like, great for dry skin types although obviously retinol can be drying I think the kernel and palm oil has sort of counter-balanced the dryness as I have not experienced any what so ever. Although I have previously been using prescription retinoid a for several months prior to changing to this. I cannot really comment on results as I haven't used it for full 12 weeks, which most retinol products require to actually see any difference. Although my skin has not been irritated by this product, skin feels smoother next morning. Although I think this is more down to 2% BHA liquid, which is best product Paula has to offer for oily skin. All in all - I don't hate this product, just for the money I would prefer one with more suitable ingredients for oily/combo skin.
(Posted on 08/01/2014)
Review by Alex
- I had received a deluxe sample for this, and before it was over I had order the full size. I am early thirties with oily combination skin, and I always suffered from mild acne. This product worked miracles for me. I did not experience any break out period that people say that happens with retinol. I have been using it for almost 3 months now, and my acne has complete gone and my skin tone has tremendously improved. Perhaps it is worth mentioning that I alternate with the 2% BHA gel. In summary, I would recommend to try this if you are interested in a retinol product. (Posted on 05/01/2014)
Review by Toni
Been using this only five nights and can see a visibly difference in my skin! My skin is more radiant ja clearer and pores and blemishes has vanished. The most amazing thing is with the lines, they are already less vissible and the hole skin is firmer.
I like that its emollient, so i dont need moisturizer after this.
At nights i use pore reducing toner/resist toner and 2 % bha and this serum, mornings use same toners and bha, resist light serum and the new skin balancing spf 30 moisturizer.
(Posted on 27/07/2013)
Review by Farhana
Although I love the smooth texture of this serum which glides onto your skin and is absorbed in seconds, it dries out your skin and irritates it. I tried to stick with, but my skin is now red and raw. I have oily skin and don't understand what exactly made my skin so dry?
Customer Care: We are sorry to hear of your experience and discomfort. We understand that each person will respond differently to products and ingredients. We will contact you to discuss an alternative for this product. (Posted on 30/05/2013)
Review by Marlena
I did not have much chance to use this product as it came with a faulty pump and I had to press 20 times to get a tiny bit of it. Then I took it with me on holiday in the mountains and it leaked so badly that there was almost nothing left in the bottle. I am back to skin recovery super antioxidant concentrate serum but would like to try the resist retinol serum again.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that the pump of this product was malfunctioning. Please always contact our Customer Care Team in case of such an issue, so we can solve it to your satisfaction. (Posted on 14/04/2013)
Review by Artemis
- A little goes a long way and it makes my skin soft and radiant - just like all the other Paula's products I use. I do believe this product has helped A LOT with wrinkles around my eyes and also my decolletage, which was beginning to show a crease - I can see that it's literally stopped it from happening. So big rave for the results. The caveat I referred to is that I think it can give me spots around my mouth and on the chin. I try to counteract this by using it every other evening and generally avoiding the sensitive area. (Posted on 22/03/2013)
Review by alexandra
- I've used this product on my face only twice as the first time I had 3 nasty spots come up the morning after I used it. I gave it the benefit of the doubt and tried again a week later but I again had spots come up overnight, so I think this product is too thick, greasy and possibly silicone based? I might get a spot 2 or 3 times a year normally, and I've never had this reaction from a serum before but I did find it very greasy and heavy and not very pleasant to use on my face, so I'm using it up just on my hands instead. Disappointing product. Customer Care : Thank you for your review. We do wish you could have seen better results with this product. Result times may vary from person to person and depend on the extent of the concern you are addressing. We encourage you to contact customer care to discuss your skin type and how the product was being used. we will be more than pleased assisting in finding an alternative for you. (Posted on 28/02/2013)
Review by Susie
- This is a brilliant product which is very well packaged (for maintenance of the active ingredients as well as aesthetics). I have sensitive dry skin and rosacea and have found this to be absolutely excellent for my skin. It glides on smoothly and is quite quickly soaked up by the skin. I have been using PC products for years and have never had any problems with my skin (and most people think I look at least 10 years younger than I am - SPF 30 every day combined with antioxidant serum :-). Worth every penny! (Posted on 19/02/2013)
Review by Frances
I'm always cautious of products that contain retinol and this one has brought very mixed results for me. The slightly sun-damaged skin on my chest is definitely smoother but the skin round my eyes looks now looks crepey and flakey, my crows' feet are more pronounced and I have a strange new semicircular line above my eyelid that simply wasn't there before.
Noting that the product is specifically advertised as being perfect for the area round the eyes, I persisted after the first application (with moisturiser) when the skin felt tight - but left two days before trying again. The skin started to flake: more moisturiser and another wait before my third attempt. I don't know if matters will approve with further applications but I'm not prepared to take the risk. I've resorted to petroleum jelly to soothe matters.I see belatedly from your American website that a significant minority of customers experienced the same side effects that I did. Bearing that in mind, is it a good idea to market this as "perfect" for the eye area?While generally a fan of your products and service - with reservations about the pricing - I'd have appreciated a warning that some people with sensitive skin should proceed with care when using this around their eyes. Customer Care : Thank you for your review. We do wish this product could have worked for you! However you are correct, it is our most potent Retinol Serum and may not work for those with more sensitive skin types.We will certainly pass your comments along to Paula and our product development manager. If you have any questions please feel free to contact customer care, we are always happy to help!
(Posted on 31/10/2012)
Review by Rochelle
- This really is an exceptional product, the improvement in my skin is very visible but best of all it feels wonderful. I have not been economical in my use of this product and use it twice daily now, I will definitely be reordering! (Posted on 10/10/2012)
Review by Petra
- This is the most fantastic product I have ever used! I use it at night and then apply the hydrating mask on top - my skin has never looked so perfect (hydrated, even skin tone, wrinkles less visible). After reading all the reviews on the US website I was slightly concerned that it may be too strong for my skin as I usually react to even basic exfoliating products, AHA etc but no reaction sofar. I used to spend an absolute fortune on skincare and my skin never looked this good -so 10 out of 10 for value for money / consistency of serum and most importantly result. (Posted on 25/04/2012)
Review by Galina
- This is the best night product I've used so far. Using it with Resist exfoliants and even without applying a night cream my skin looks and feels great in the morning.. Love it! (Posted on 28/03/2012)
Review by Johanna
- I love everything about it. The packaging is really chique, the serum smells lovely and is easy to use. The best bit is that it works wonders. I have been using other Resist products for a while, so my skin already looked very good for its 49 years of age but this serum adds more benefits: It plumps the skin even more and makes it look yet younger. What more to ask for? It is difficult to determine when to order a new bottle as it is impossible to tell how much of the product is used up. I would hate to run out of it so next time I will order two at once. (Posted on 24/03/2012)
Review by Lisa
- I was already in love with the RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum, but this product combines the best features of it with the power of retinol. I use it every night, starting with the weekly resurfacing treatment, then the retinol serum. Wow, if feels so great on my skin, and the best part is that in the morning I wake up with hardly any wrinkles on my brow! It definitely has a tightening effect on my face. And after only a week of using it I can already see some improvements in my wrinkles. My 47 year old face loves it. I was using a retinol product before this, but it used to irritate my skin so that I could only use it for a few days at a time then needed to take a break, but I don't have that with the resist retinol serum. The only problem is that I have other expensive night creams in my bathroom that I should use up, but every night I can't bear to put anything else but Paula's Choice serum on my face! Please never stop making this and thanks for keeping the price so reasonable. (Posted on 08/03/2012)
Apply in the evening after cleansing, toning, and exfoliating. Smooth a few drops onto skin before or after moisturizing. Perfect for use around the eyes. May be alternated with Paula’s Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.
What makes this product unique?
Paula's Choice Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum is an exclusive formula that utilizes a proprietary blend of highly stabilized retinol, potent antioxidants, and skin-repairing ingredients. Its soothing, silky texture goes to work immediately to help skin of any age look and act younger. Anti-irritants reduce redness and soothe sensitive skin, and the serum helps fade red marks from past breakouts. With ongoing use, you will see fewer wrinkles, smoother skin, and improved skin tone.
This product is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free.
Who is this product for?
Anyone concerned with improving the appearance of aging skin and helping sun-damaged skin repair itself so it functions in a younger, healthier manner. Ideal for use with Paula's Choice Resist line of anti-aging products. May be alternated with our best-selling Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.
Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent/suspending agent), Dimethiconol (silicone slip agent/suspending agent), Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate (skin-conditioning agent), Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (skin-repairing ingredient), Phenyl Trimethicone (silicone slip agent), Squalane (emollient), Bisabolol (anti-irritanting agent), Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (stabilized vitamin C/antioxidant), Retinol (antioxidant/cell-communicating ingredient), Tocotrienols (vitamin E-based antioxidant), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Laminaria Ochroleuca (Kelp) Extract (anti-irritant), Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Oil (anti-irritant), Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil (skin-repairing ingredient), Stearyl Glycyrrhetinate (licorice-derived anti-irritant), Hexylene Glycol (slip agent), Caprylyl Glycol (emollient), Ethylhexylglycerin (skin-conditioning agent), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum:
Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, September 2011, ePublication; Experimental Dermatology, July 2011, pages 572–576; Fitoterapia, March 2011, pages 208–211; Lipids, September 2010, pages 833–841; Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity, January-February 2010, pages 35–43; The Journal of Dermatological Treatment, May 2009, pages 276–281; Journal of the Indian Medical Association, April 2009, pages 219–222; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, June 2008, pages 369–381; International Journal of Cosmetic Science, June 2008, pages 175–182; Journal of Dermatological Science, May 2008, pages 99–107; Archives of Dermatology, May 2007, pages 606–612; and Clinical Interventions in Aging, April 2006, pages 327-348.
How does Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum differ from the other Antioxidant Concentrates that Paula's Choice offers?
The most notable difference is that Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum contains a higher amount of retinol than our Skin Recovery and Skin Balancing serums with retinol. The Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum does not contain retinol and as such is an excellent serum to alternate with the Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum. Both of the Resist serums were designed for all skin types, whereas Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is best for normal to very dry skin and Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Mattifying Concentrate is best for normal to oily or combination skin.
Which Paula's Choice serum should I use?
All skin types can use any of our serums, but there are some formulary distinctions that make certain Paula's Choice serums preferred for specific skin types. Here's how they break down:
+ Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum and Resist Intensive Wrinkle Repair Retinol Serum can be used by all skin types, including sensitive skin.
+ Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is best for normal to very dry skin because it contains plant oils.
+ Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate is best for normal to oily or combination skin because it has the lightest texture and weightless finish.
+ Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is one of two Paula’s Choice serums that does not contain retinol. It’s the natural choice for anyone whose skin cannot tolerate retinol.
+ Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum has the lightest texture of all the Resist serums and is our only water-based (rather than silicone-based) serum. It does not contain retinol, so is recommended for those whose skin cannot tolerate this ingredient (or it may be used with one of our retinol serums).
Is Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum better than the other Paula's Choice serums?
Not better, just different. Think of it like broccoli and carrots: both are good for you but provide different nutritional benefits your body needs to be healthy. Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum was formulated with a greater amount of retinol to provide a higher degree of wrinkle repair—but all Paula's Choice serums contain an array of ingredients proven to help repair wrinkles and other signs of aging.
Can I use two Paula's Choice products with retinol, such as Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum?
Yes, this is fine; however, if you noticed that applying such products at the same time causes signs of irritation (such as redness or flaking) it would be best to apply one in the morning and the other at night, or consider switching to Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum, which is retinol-free.
Can I use Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum with my prescription retinoid product?
Yes, but generally speaking, you don't necessarily need to use retinol and a prescription retinoid. Many will do fine with one or the other, or you can apply the prescription retinoid at night and apply the retinol product during the day, always being sure to protect your skin with a product rated SPF 25 or greater. Keep in mind that using multiple retinoid products increases the risk of irritation, which is never the goal. With retinoids, more is not automatically better!
Can I apply Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum with a product medicated with benzoyl peroxide?
Yes. For best results, apply the benzoyl peroxide product to breakout-prone areas, allow to dry, then follow with Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum. Note that benzoyl peroxide should not be applied at the same time as the prescription retinoid retinoic acid, as it renders this active ingredient ineffective. It does not appear to have this same effect on retinol.
What is the percentage of retinol in Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum?
Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum was formulated with a potent amount of retinol to provide a higher degree of wrinkle repair—but all Paula's Choice retinol treatments contain an array of ingredients proven to help repair wrinkles and other signs of aging.
The percentage of retinol needed for efficacy is generally between 0.01% and 1%, which is quite a range, but further proof of just how powerful retinol is! For more on percentages of retinol in Paula’s Choice products, see our article Which Strength of Retinol Do I Need?
All of these products may be used with Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum or on their own, as each treats skin to a beneficial range of anti-aging ingredients.
Can I layer Paula's Choice serums? Do I need to do this?
Yes, you can and it does not matter which serum is applied first. Experiment to see which order of serum application works best for you. Although it's fine to layer our serums, ultimately you do not need to do this because every Paula's Choice serum treats skin to an array of brilliant ingredients. Because layering two serums plus your daytime moisturizer may feel too heavy under makeup, we recommend those who wish to layer our serums do so at night.
What makes Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum better than other retinol treatments?
Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum holds several advantages over other serums with retinol:
+ In addition to its targeted retinol formula, this serum also treats skin to a range of antioxidants, repairing ingredients, and anti-irritants. Each of these ingredients has published research showing how they improve aging skin.
+ The amount of retinol in this serum was expertly calibrated to ensure maximum efficacy without irritation. You're getting all of the benefits of retinol without bothersome side effects such as redness or flaking.
+ The chemist Paula chose to formulate this serum is a retinol expert who made sure every element of this targeted treatment was designed to improve wrinkles and signs of aging without tipping the scale toward irritation.
+ This retinol serum is packaged to ensure the efficacy and stability of the formula. The retinol itself is carefully handled and never exposed to degrading light or oxygen at any time during manufacturing. The Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum requires specially designed packaging to keep this amount of retinol stable (droppers, pads or tubes would compromise the retinol's effectiveness). That means the serum you receive can deliver the full, pure potency of retinol.
+ You can rely on Paula and her Product Development team to provide the most advanced formulas at reasonable prices!
At what point after my laser and/or peel procedure can I begin using my serum again?
First, we urge you to follow the post-procedure instructions your doctor or nurse provided. If nothing was mentioned about when to resume use of a serum, please contact the doctor's office where you had the procedure done. Otherwise, our general advice is to begin using your serum again as soon as possible. All of our serums contain skin-repairing, anti-inflammatory, and replenishing ingredients that calm reddened skin and help enhance the healing process. Make sure you're also protecting your "new" skin every day with a product rated SPF 25 or greater.
Is Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum suitable for those with rosacea?
Yes. Research has shown that retinol can reduce inflammation that leads to symptoms of rosacea. The other antioxidants and soothing agents in this serum will help calm redness and soothe skin as they deliver anti-aging benefits.
I keep depressing the pump, but no product is coming out.
This product is packaged in an airless pump dispenser which utilizes a vacuum system to dispense and keep the contents fresh. Airless packaging helps to keep air and contaminates out of the product, which enhances the formula's stability and effectiveness.
When using your product for the first time, you may need to “prime” the dispenser. To prime, simply pump the dispenser slowly about 10-15 times. If the dispenser stops working at any time, simply repeat the "priming" step. Do not attempt to dismantle the package.