Resist Anti-Aging Hyaluronic Acid Booster
Regular Price: £42.00
Special Price: £35.70
Availability: In stock
This specialized hyaluronic acid serum anti-ageing booster plumps fine lines, prevents moisture loss and repairs sun damage for visibly healthier skin. Add just a few drops to your favourite moisturiser and prepare to be amazed.
- Visibly plumps wrinkles and fine lines
- Smooths skin in an instant
- 100% fragrance- and colourant-free
Regular Price: £42.00
Special Price: £35.70
Review by Amanda
Started a whole new skin care regime with PC products, this and the lightweight antioxidant serum I have not reordered. Of the other products I tried, I have either reordered or ordered a variant of because I could discern visible results. I couldn't say what, if anything, this did. In addition, I had a reaction to a product(s) that caused my eyes to swell, being unable to tell which product/combination of products was the culprit and being unable to see what this did sealed its fate.
Overall though, I think the PC products I have used are amazing and really DO make a difference. I have already placed order number 3, which includes more new products, so I look forward to making more positive reviews in future. Also, a big thank you to customer service!
(Posted on 24/06/2016)
Review by Maureen
- I started using Paula's Choice products about nine months ago and have to say that my skin seems to have improved. Having read excellent reviews about the Resist Anti-Aging Hyaluronic Acid Booster I thought I would give it a try. It is indeed a good product and I like the effect it has on my skin. Sadly I am not happy with the dispenser bottle. It is both heavy, the top is difficult to align, but more importantly it is so hard to get anything out. For these reasons, I do not think I will purchase again. (Posted on 17/04/2016)
Review by Amanda
Before I begin my review, here is a little info about my type of skin:
28 years old, combination skin - dry skin, and sensitive. I do get occassional dry patches on my cheeks or chin.
Before I found Paula's Choice, most products I tried for sensitive, dry skin would still irritate my face by making it red, dried out and tight feeling.
I love this product! I first bought the trial size of this to try it out and I am so glad I did! The Resist Anti-Aging Hyaluronic Acid Booster makes my face much more smoother and softer. I first started out just using 2 drops of the trial size every night by mixing it with my Skin Recovery Antioxidant Serum with Retinol and I was very pleased with my results. This Booster DOES NOT: hurt my face, dry it out, leave it feeling tight, cause any irritation/redness, cause my face to breakout, cause any slickness! Once my trial size bottle was empty, I bought the full size as I do feel it is worth the fairly hefty price tag, and anyways, a little bit does go a long way which is awesome! (I think it took me nearly 2 weeks to use up the trial size bottle, and this full size bottle will be sure to last me a good several months I think.) With the full size bottle I have purchased, I use this product two times a day with no negative effects. In the daytime, I mix 2 drops with my Resist Anti-Aging Super Antioxidant Serum OR directly with my Skin Recovery Moisturizer SPF 30 (I don't always use a serum in the daytime), and then as mentioned before, I mix 2 drops with my serum at night. My face looks amazing! It looks so healthy, soft, smooth, even toned, supple, dry flakes are no more and my face is not left feeling oily/tacky/greasy! This clear gel-like serum mixes great with my products, and sinks into my skin nicely. Whether you buy the trial size first or just go directly for the full size bottle, it's win-win either way! It's worth a try and I seriously recommend it.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are getting these great results with this product. However, we recommend you not mix it with your sunscreen, as to not dilute the sunscreen. Enjoy! (Posted on 26/01/2016)
Review by Cathy
- I have already written a 5star review on Paula's AHA daily refining system but thought I'd try this at night. Half way through the first bottle and already noticing a considerable difference. Will keep on with this. I am now using the AHA daily refining I think it's 5% in the morning . I let it dry and use as a primer. It sits very well under makeup (which I'm hardly wearing any now!). What fabulous products these are. Thoroughly recommend to anyone like me who has had temperamental skin. I'm 55 and my skin has never looked better. Just wish it wasn't quite so expensive (Posted on 08/11/2015)
Review by Helen
I really like this booster-I mix it with a serum for overnight and with my daily moisturiser in the morning. My only quibble is that the stopper doesn't screw down onto the bottle properly so it's just balanced loosely on top. This means the pipette doesn't reach the serum so I have to carefully tip it out when I want some. Also means it's not in an airtight or UV light proof bottle. Hopefully, if I reorder, the next bottle will be better!
Customer Care: Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of your experience with the packaging. It may help to try aligning the dropper with the bottle, even though it's the most obvious step to take, it could also be helpful to keep the bottle upright, while turning the dropper slowly and firmly. This should help and if not, please contact our customer care team for further assistance. (Posted on 08/11/2015)
Review by Dawn
- I received a voucher code with another product 4 money off this product and decided to spend the money on the larger bottle. It is quite an expensive product and not one everybody will need it however it was one which I really enjoyed using in the trial size. The product itself is viscous and despite this it spreads very well around the face and is absorbed quickly. I have mixed this product with my retinol product as well and this may be a good idea for those who can't tolerate retinol alone. I only use one drop and this is enough to put underneath my eyes. It can be smoothed with a ring finger and blended in or left to sit on the skin and be absorbed which I enjoy doing at night. I have combination skin and have no problems with this hyaluronic acid booster. It has not caused any irritation or discomfort and it has not broken me out at all. In the morning my under eye area is plump and smooth and the fine lines that I do have are almost gone. As with all paulas choice products it is a good idea to try a sample first as not all products work for everyone and all skin types. Luckily you can buy this product in a small bottle first to try. A lovely product and 1 which I enjoy using and will likely buy again in the future. (Posted on 25/09/2015)
Review by Antonia
- I initially tried the sample size of this which provided more than a week of twice-daily use, I loved it so much I had to get the full-size bottle. This product is far superior to another hyaluronic acid product that I have used for some time. The first time I put it on my skin it felt cool and soothing, plus I love that there are no 'fillers', colours or fragrance. In general, I have found that using hyaluronic acid has prevented any flare-ups of eczema on my very dry and sensitive skin - I wish I had discovered it a long time ago and highly recommend it. (Posted on 20/08/2015)
Review by Marlene
- This is a great product which I bought the sample size of to mix with the 1% Retinol cream after seeing the Paula's Choice team video. It does make my skin feel so much nicer than using the 1% Retinol cream on its own and as they said on the video, on my skin I do find it does also alleviate any possible side effects from using a 1% Retinol cream like drying and redness. So thumbs up and definitely give it a go as it does make my skin feel lovely. The only reason I won't be purchasing it again is because I love the Paula's Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Serum and I find this serum mixed with the 1% Retinol cream is wonderful so I really don't need this Hyaluronic Acid Booster as well. But it is definitely a great product and worth trying. (Posted on 29/05/2015)
This specialized treatment contains a concentrated level of hyaluronic acid plus other key repairing ingredients which work immediately to boost the hydration and anti-ageing benefits of any moisturiser or serum.
Who is This Product For?
Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster is for anyone who wants to boost the results from their moisturiser or serum by adding wrinkle-smoothing hyaluronic acid plus other anti-ageing ingredients for healthy, glowing skin. The formula is suitable for all skin types, including breakout-prone skin.
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster : Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, July 2014, pages 177–184;
The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology, March 2014, pages 18–26 and May 2014, pages 150–180; Journal of Liposome Research, April 2014, pages 1–11; Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, June 2013, pages 664–667; Clinics in Dermatology, May-June 2012, pages 345–348; Journal of Dermatological Science, February 2012, pages 110–117; International Journal of Cosmetic Science, April 2003, pages 63–95; Progress in Lipid Research, January 2003, pages 1–36; International Journal of Tissue Reactions, Volume 24, Issue 2, 2002, pages 65–71; "
Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster may be mixed with any of our moisturiser or serums that don’t have sunscreen (for daytime you would apply the HA Booster first and then your sunscreen); which one is best for you depends on your skin type and concerns. For example, if you have dry to very dry skin, you’d want to mix the HA Booster with Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer and/or the Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. You do not need to mix the HA Booster into both your moisturiser and serum, but doing so is an option.
Can I use this booster if I have breakout-prone skin that’s also oily?
Yes, this is fine. The sheer, water-based texture and non-greasy finish of Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster shouldn’t make breakouts worse or pose a risk of clogging pores. For those with very oily skin, this booster can be used as an all-over hydrator, no separate moisturiser needed.
Is Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster suitable for rosacea-prone skin?
Yes! In fact, it is highly likely to improve symptoms of rosacea-prone skin such as redness and sensitivity. That’s because this blend of oils is chockfull of antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and barrier-repairing substances that can strengthen skin’s surface and its ability to withstand damage.
Is it OK to apply this Booster around my eyes or mix it with my eye cream?
Yes. Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster can be mixed with any well formulated eye cream, eye serum, or eye gel. Add one or two drops to your eye-area product of choice, and apply, or you can apply the Hyaluronic Acid Booster first and follow with your eye-area treatment.
Can I use Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster as my moisturiser, or do I need to use a separate moisturiser, too?
It is perfectly find to use Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster as your moisturiser; however, this works best for those with oily skin. All other skin types will find the results from mixing it with your regular moisturiser (or serum) is preferred because this combination treats your skin to a broader range of beneficial ingredients. If you have dry skin, you will need the emollients and oils found in moisturisers that Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster doesn’t contain.
How is Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster different from Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Serum, which also contains hyaluronic acid?
These two products share some of the same ingredients but have different purposes. Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Serum has a silky, water-based, serum texture that is based around silicones plus a potent mix of antioxidants as well as the cell-communicating ingredient niacinamide. Its main purpose is to supply skin with broader blend of ingredients to fight signs of ageing and build collagen without making oily skin or large pores worse.
In contrast, Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster is a gel-textured formula that contains a higher amount of hyaluronic acid plus a mix of skin-repairing ingredients that can super-charge other moisturisers or serums.
Combining both products produces a powerhouse formula that can significantly improve signs of ageing and sensitive skin, leaving it feeling wonderfully smooth, soft, and with healthy, more youthful appearance.
Do I apply Resisist Hyaluronic Acid Booster all over or just as a spot treatment?
Either application method is fine; choose based on where your skin needs a bit of extra help, such as around the eyes or deeper lines on the face—or anywhere you want more moisture without a heavy or slippery feel.
Is Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster OK to use with topical prescription products? What about retinol products?
Yes. For best results, apply your prescription product, allow it to set, and then follow with this booster, either mixed with your regular moisturiser or serum or applied on its own.
For use with or over-the-counter retinol products, you can apply the booster before or after you apply your retinol treatment.
At what point in my routine would Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster be applied?
If you plan to mix a few drops of this booster with your nighttime moisturiser, you would apply after cleansing, toning, using an AHA or BHA exfoliant, and serum. During the day it would go on before your sunscreen (don’t mix it with the sunscreen, as this could reduce the sunscreen’s effectiveness). If you prefer to mix Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster with your serum, you’d do so after applying your exfoliant, and then finish with your moisturiser.
If you’re using an additional treatment product for dark spots or another concern, apply the treatment product first, and finish with Resist Hyaluronic Acid Booster, either mixed with your moisturiser or applied on its own.
You have several moisturisers, serums, and moisturising boosters; which one is right for me?
We offer lots of options so we can make sure each skin type is served as well as someone’s personal texture preferences. That means there’s likely more than one mix of Paula’s Choice moisturisers, serums, and boosters that will work for you. For best results, begin with your skin type, and then consider texture preference. For example, if you have normal to dry skin, do you prefer your moisturiser has a lotion or cream texture? Consider other products you’ll be applying, and whether or not your moisturiser should be lighter due to layering with other products, including makeup, during the day. Experimenting is part of the process and you can always order a sample or a trial size if applicable.
The bottom line is that there will be more than one moisturiser, serum, and booster. that’s right for you, but with Paula’s Choice, you can be confident that regardless of which one you choose you’ll be giving your skin great ingredients it needs to look and act younger, healthier, and feel smooth.