Regular Price: £32.00
Special Price: £28.80
Regular Price: £33.00
Special Price: £29.70
Regular Price: £30.00
Special Price: £27.00
Regular Price: £16.00
Special Price: £14.40
Resist Anti-Aging Pore-Refining 2% BHA Treatment
Availability: In stock
Wrinkles and breakouts at the same time? Not anymore. This lightweight leave-on exfoliant removes old cells on the skin’s surface and inside the pores, while repairing signs of ageing.
- Leave-on exfoliant unclogs & shrinks pores
- Stimulates collagen & smooths wrinkles
- 100% fragrance and colourant-free
- When using a BHA product, be sure use sunscreen during the day
- Do not use if you are allergic to aspirin (acetylsalicylate) or its derivatives.
Review by Laura
- I thought I had pretty ok/good skin until I started using this, and I started to see the gunk falling out of my pores after washing my face morning and evening. Seriously, it's amazing the difference it's made! My underlying skin is so so much better that I sometimes skip foundation, something I would never ever have considered in a million years before. The only thing I can advise is a little patience. It took 3 weeks of daily use before I saw results. I was just starting to berate myself for wasting money on another unnecessary product when a few pores deeper than several oceans opened up and I wondered how all of that had been underneath my skin with only a tiny black dot at the surface! However, due to the anti-inflammatory properties of BHA it didn't even become a big deal, just dried up and healed very quickly. I cannot praise this stuff highly enough (just give it time to work! I nearly didn't) (Posted on 10/01/2017)
Review by Amanda
I bought the trial size and have used frequently and still have just under half a bottle left! Okay, so I am not good with instructions and after having no problem, I began using this twice a day for about 10 days and then realised that you are supposed to slowly build up usage! Well, I copped it with peeling skin which is totally my bad and unfortunately I haven't been able to reuse this product...yet.
What I got from this product is smaller pores on my cheeks, clean skin and it makes the face so smooth whilst it's on as well as when you take it off. Takes awhile to work but when it does you will know it. I recommend this product and hope to be able to use the remainder of it.
The only downside of using PC products is DELIVERY! My first delivery took 5 days and my second took 7 days, I've just made my third order and wonder if that will take 9 days?
PS: If your products weren't so good I wouldn't get so excited about waiting for them so you're kinda a victim of your own success. What a bonus!
Customer Care: Thank your for your feedback. We are sorry to hear of the delivery issues. Orders are being sent from our warehouse in the Netherlands, therefore currently it can take up to 9 work days (weekends and public holidays excluded) for the parcel to reach you. However we are monitoring this closely and hope to be able to offer faster options in the near future. (Posted on 24/06/2016)
Review by Anna
I have oily t zone with large pores and lots of blackheads in that zone. I get dry cheeks and top of forehead. My skin can go very dry at times. Thought I'd try this as am always open to something that says it reduces blackheads- they have been the bane of my life since I was 18 I'm now 34!
Definitely reduces pore size and reduces the rate at which I get black heads. My skin looks smoother since using this. I do still have blackheads certainly but I would say after using for around 5 weeks or so now they have reduced. I'm hoping with long term use they will continue to improve. There have been quite a few days where I have not worn foundation, instead just a powder on my skin which is un-heard of for me! So it must be doing something. Only my problem I've encountered twice is dry skin. It's weather that will make my skin have a dry spell but I do find when it happens I've had to quit using this product for a few days as it's been impossible to re hydrate. But once skin is back to normal it's fine. Overall very good and would dfinately re-purchase. (Posted on 28/05/2016)
Review by Rebecca
I'm 33 with very oily but dehydrated skin with loads of blackheads all over my face and the occasional breakout.
After using this product twice daily immediately after receipt, my skin started purging within a few days and I got heaps of little white bumps that turned into tiny white heads. After they disappeared with uninterrupted use of this exfoliant, it was easy for me to remove the remaining blackheads with just the tiniest bit of pressure.
Three months in and my skin looks better than it ever has in 20 years, almost like a baby's bum.
Because of the constant skin cell renewal this product provides, my dry flakiness is gone and makeup wears soooooooooooooo much nicer and scar indentations are less visible. I'm sooooooooooooo happy with this.
Don't get me wrong, my skin is by no means perfect and as yet I rarely leave the house without foundation, however, using PC products together with an increase in my water intake, cutting out processed food and monthly dermarolling (to reduce scars) it has improved so much in the last three months. I started my routine not far into the new year and decided to make this year all about sorting out my skin and I'm well on track.... (Posted on 24/03/2016)
Review by LM71
- I wish I had discovered this product before. Oh what a difference it has made to my skin. I have been suffering from blackheads and whiteheads on my forehead and chin area over the past 2 years (I am in my mid-forties) and redness on my cheeks. After just 1 application (I pat it on with my fingers), I immediately noticed the difference. The next morning, my whiteheads were calmer and 3 days later, all whiteheads were dried and healing. A few blackheads remain after 1 week. The redness on my cheeks has calmed down 50%, my skin feels smooth, matt and clear. Wow! My husband asked - what have you done to your skin? It looks really good. Amazing! (Posted on 25/02/2016)
Review by Hannah
I can not praise this product enough. It's been a year that I am using it and have been complimented not once for how great my skin looks. I use it 4-5 times a week in the evening. In that time of the month I aply morning and evening and those monsters dont have any chance.
I highly recommend this product to anyone who wishes a clear, clean and fresh skin! Dullness is gone, no acnee, no pimpels, no blackheads!
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear that you are so pleased with this products. Consistency is key. (Posted on 29/01/2016)
Review by Ieva
I've been using this for 2 weeks and sadly this did not deliver my expectations... I have very oily skin with blackheads all over, massive pores and some deep wrinkles. This product has not cleared my skin or made my pores look smaller, it left a sticky and shiny film and made my pores look even bigger. I only use it at night as I'm not happy about the appearance of my face after I apply this.I've tried a few different application methods but nothing has worked. It might be my skin doesn't like BHA... I also use an AHA toner (different brand) and it works just great.
Customer Care: Hi there! We're sorry it wasn't a fit for you! Be sure to contact our Customer Care for assistance! (Posted on 19/12/2015)
Review by Sarah
- I have oily/combination skin. I have battled for years with both breakouts and super sensitive skin (allergic/eczema prone). Over the years I have learnt the hard way what does and doesn't work for my skin and these days I am very careful about the products I introduce to my skin. Now in my early thirties, I have the added concern of wanting to fight the onset of wrinkles! A nightmare combination of skin concerns to attempt to treat!! I have been using this BHA for around 4 months now and can honestly say I have seen a real improvement in my skin. I was a little weary when I first starting using this product (in case it triggered an outbreak of sensitive skin) so I only used the product once a day (morning) for about a month. I now use this BHA morning and night and have never experienced any sensitivity to the product. I have found that acne scars/marks heal much faster and the majority of my breakouts now only really happen around my period due to the spike in hormones. I have also found that the persistent milia around my eye area has pretty much all but gone (far cheaper and less painful than a trip to the dermatologist for removal!!). After the first month of using this BHA, I then introduced Paula's resist ultra-light super antioxidant serum, which I think has also really helped clear up breakout scars and glides onto the skin perfectly without clogging pores. My skin is smoother, brighter and more even, so needless to say I think this is an amazing product and would highly recommend it!! (Posted on 11/09/2015)
Review by Clairey
I chose this product after so much consideration - I was swayed by the fact that this product also had anti-ageing properties but the main functions I was looking for were to tackle breakouts and redness. In all honesty my breakouts aren't even that bad so I thought this would be fantastic after all the rave reviews.
I've been using the product for a few weeks and I just don't see the improvement. I also read that this product would clear sebaceous filaments (this isn't advertised by PC) which I can't say that it has. It has refined my pores though so at least there's that.... Maybe I set my standards to high or maybe it just doesn't work for me. Who knows? I will not be re-purchasing and am internally crying about the product finding the trash heap. (Posted on 28/05/2015)
Review by Lucy
- Love love love this exfoliator. I use this once a day and alternate with the clear regular strength. It's transformed my skin and if I ever go without it for a few days, I really notice the difference. (Posted on 05/04/2015)
Review by Iman
- The best product I have ever bought! It is an amazing exfoliater, but do not underestimate the fact that your skin has to get used to it, since it will leave your skin dry if you use it too often in the beginning. But it is amazing! Thank you! (Posted on 31/03/2015)
Review by Maiken
I have been using Paulas for some time now, and it has transformed my skin, from dull skin with breakouts, into an almost perfect skin!
And in this product, I finally found the perfect BHA exfoliant for me!
The BHA 2% gel formula, left my skin a bit sticky and greasy, and the result was not as good as I hoped.
So I tried this product......the result was AMAZING!!!
Pores looks and feels smaller, less breakouts, and no more dull skin for me!
Finally I found the perfect BHA exfoliant for me! (Posted on 04/01/2015)
Review by Sebastien
I'm a man of 28 years of age. I suffer from enlarged pores and some occasional breakouts on cheeks and forehead. I purchased this product a week ago. After 4 days of use, the results are nothing short of spectacular! Hello baby skin! The skin is clearer than ever. The size of the pores diminishes each day. I'm really happy with this product the skin feels so clean and healthy. No irritations or discomfort.
The only lower side is that it s not easy to apply. If you only put the "2 cents" quantity on the cotton pad, it s hard to stretch the product on your entire face.
I would recommend this to anyone over 25 who is fighting occasional clogged pores and wants something to fight ageing at the same time. (Posted on 25/12/2014)
Review by Joshua
Very disappointed in this product. I've been using it for just over 2 weeks and I have developed more clogged pores and active acne than I've had in years. There've been no other changes in my skin care routine and my skin had been clear for more than a year. Such a shame as I had high hopes for the claims made about this product, but alas, every Paula's Choice product I have tried over the past 7 years has caused me problems. Texture-wise this has an amazing feel on the skin, and it's quite hydrating which was nice.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are very sorry to hear about your experience and discomfort. Although this is not a common response, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they respond to products or ingredients. Our Customer Care Team will contact you for a refund. (Posted on 25/07/2014)
Review by Shazia
- This is AMAZING! I had marks and belemishes on my face and after using for only a week my skin looks clear like I'm always wearing foundation!! The pore size hasn't decreased but I was having hormonal breakouts every few days and now I haven't had any for a week . I had sensitised my skin by using too many products like acne treatments etc and now there is no redness on my face no dry patches no spots just smooth clear and plumped up! For the first time ever I have been going out in face powder instead of my foundation!! I can't believe how quickly it's worked I am goin to start using these products now and nothing else! (Posted on 22/07/2014)
This unique daily treatment is ideal for those struggling with wrinkles and breakouts. It dramatically improves skin's texture by smoothing fine lines and wrinkles, as well as unclogging and minimising pores. Star ingredients such as salicylic acid and antioxidants deliver effective pore-penetrating exfoliation while stimulating the production of skin-firming collagen, so you’ll see fewer breakouts and wrinkles. The unique light-as-water liquid feels completely weightless, yet is specially formulated to be non-drying. Anti-irritants and skin-repairing ingredients work together to calm redness as they soothe and refine skin.
Who is this product for?
This product is ideal for those concerned with wrinkles and breakouts. Its weightless formula is especially suited for individuals with oily or combination skin, enlarged pores, stubborn blackheads, or breakouts who also want to have younger-looking skin.
How should this product be used?
Dispense a dime-sized amount onto a cotton ball or pad and stroke over clean skin, including around the eyes (do not apply to eyelids or along the lower lash line). This product may also be applied with your fingers. Do not rinse off. Follow with your favourite Resist serum, moisturiser, and/or specialty product. For daytime, always wear under a broad spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 25 or greater.
Avoid direct contact with eyes. If you experience irritation, rinse from skin and discontinue use. If you are allergic to aspirin or its derivatives, consult your doctor before use. Keep out of the reach of children. For external use only. "
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA:
International Journal of Cosmetic Science, December 2011, pages 483–490; Cutis, July 2009, pages 48–55; Biochemistry and Pharmacology, June 2007, pages 1,786-1,795; Contact Dermatitis, June 2006, pages 303-312; British Journal of Dermatology, July 2005, pages 124-131; Archives of Internal Medicine, July 2002, pages 1531–1532; Annals of Dermatology and Venereology, January 2002, pages 137–142; Archives of Dermatology, November 2000, pages 1390–1395; Dermatology, 1999, volume 199, number 1, pages 50–53; and Toxicology and Applied Pharmacology, volume 175, issue 1, pages 76–82.
Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment is the first daily-use BHA product that combines a light-as-water texture with 2% salicylic acid, anti-ageing peptides, repairing ingredients, and antioxidants. Together, this liquid exfoliates, improves multiple signs of ageing, clears blackheads, bumps, and other breakouts, and reduces redness and enlarged pores. It is the daily exfoliant step in our Resist routine for those with combination to oily skin, and is specially formulated for those struggling with wrinkles, enlarged pores and breakouts—all at the same time.
There are so many different BHA exfoliants! How do I choose the best one for me?
Choose the best BHA for you based on your skin type, concerns, and texture preferences. Liquids and gels are great for oily or combination skin; lotions are ideal for normal to dry skin or combination skin with drier areas.
I have rosacea-prone skin; can I use this product?
Yes. Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment contains several ingredients that work to reduce inflammation and enhance skin’s healthy function. Plus, salicylic acid (BHA) is a natural anti-inflammatory ingredient that can reduce the redness and blotchy skin tone associated with rosacea-prone skin.
Is there another Paula's Choice product similar to the Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA?
Our Resist Daily Pore-Refining Treatment 2% BHA is actually identical to our PC4Men Soothe & Smooth, except for the packaging and the placement in our Resist line.