Resist Anti-Aging Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol
Skin Type: Normal Skin | Dry Skin
Skin Concern: Anti-Ageing | Brown Spots | Enlarged Pores | Wrinkles
Full product name: Resist Anti-Aging Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol
Size: 50 ml
Availability: In stock
Wave goodbye, wrinkles. This light moisturiser with retinol smoothes out skin, reduces fine lines and leaves skin looking and acting younger.
- Light, silky lotion preserves moisture
- Retinol makes skin look younger
- Antioxidants stimulate collagen production
- 100% fragrance- and colourant-free
prices are including VAT
Review by Amanda
So, I decided to give this another go and ordered the full-size product this time round. Let me set the scene, I found the Resist daytime moisturisers, SPF25 and SPF50, too heavy for daytime, found this product to light for nighttime, so using this as my *daytime moisturiser became the perfect compromise!
Although the PC customer service (hey there fabulous people!) give excellent advice, especially when you first start using any of these products, you do have to tweak the routine to suit your own skin and situation, as well as persevere with some of the products. I am perfectly happy using this daytime and it sits well over the Resist 2% BHA refining exfoliator and the Resist ultra light antioxidant, making an excellent base for makeup. In addition, this product contributes to the retinol effect!
*Sunscreen will be required when out of doors
Customer Care: Thank you for your review and your compliment. We are very happy to hear that you've found the best way to use this product along with the others that work best for you. (Posted on 04/08/2016)
Review by Amanda
I bought the trial size of this product and again, as with all the trial sizes, it lasted ages! I'm guessing over 3 weeks with evening use only.
I didn't dislike the product and yes, I guess, I did like it but I suspect that it's not going to be moisturising enough for me, going forward. Instead I have ordered the intensive repair cream as I use the weekly resurfacing AHA treatment and plan on trying the 1% retinol product again, so dry, peeling skin is a possibility hence needing a more hefty night time product.
This is by no means a negative review, rather this product didn't sing and dance as much as the products I liked and I think it won't be enough for my upcoming requirements. (Posted on 24/06/2016)
Review by Mia
- Makes my skin glow and seems to make minor impurities disappear over night. Makes noticeable improvements in smoothness of the skin. One of my favorite products in my skin care routine. Surprisingly moisturising. This is one, is one of very few of Pauls choice products that doesn't irritate my skin, but I am not surprised since about 90% of everything I try don't work for me. Yes, I do statistics. (Posted on 08/03/2016)
Review by Louise
This is my favourite PC moisturiser along with the intensive version. Unfortunately, my eyes can't tolerate it. They water and sting all day. It's perfect for my normal /combo skin though, really light, yet comfortably moisturising. I've given it 5 stars still as the problem is not with the product, but with the sensitivity of my eyes.
I think though there is a bit of a gap in the PC moisturisers for people who have normal skin that can be a little combo or a little dry. I think this should be available without retinol too for those who would like to use a product like this this during the day and to use retinol at night instead.
I shall try the new calm moisturisers next and see if my eyes are OK with one of those. A real shame I can't use this. (Posted on 21/02/2016)
Review by Lynda
I started off with sample size of this, which lasted quite a while. I was really impressed with it and ordered full size one.However the more I have used it the more my skin is drying out.I have tried the resist serum under it,and Paula's choice make up over it. I am new to Paula's choice and have spent a lot on various products and samples( including a couple bought from the US.)But at the moment all this experimenting has just left me poorer and my skin worse. But I do love the products,just that I'm not getting very far! Some advice regarding this product..if you are put off by a pump ,buy the men's night moisturiser in the tube,which is the same product and ( if it works for you) you can extract every last bit.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. It may be that this product is not the most suitable for your skin type. You are welcome to contact us for further skincare advice. (Posted on 09/08/2015)
Review by Anisa
- Honestly....buy it! Best moisturiser for night and day (though use a sunscreen). It sits well under most foundation, non oily and does what it claims. However if you happen to get a super dry skin during the depth of winter, I suggest adding some oil to this to boast the moisture. (Posted on 30/07/2015)
Review by Maria
This is my absolutely favourite moisturizer, it's the only one I've used for the last 3 or 4 years.
Highly recommend! (Posted on 01/07/2015)
Review by Martin
I have dry and sensitive skin that is also quite reactive (I get red blotches after a comfortably warm shower). This moisturiser is pure wonder for my skin! It absorbs quickly, reduces my redness and leaves my skin feeling soft and supple.
The texture is very silky & light and there is no scent to speak of. It spreads easily and seems to have great coverage - so a little goes a long way. I usually use it after I have put on a couple of drops of face oil (argan or jojoba), which of course feels slightly greasy, and it seems to help absorbing all of it into my skin.
I ordered a sample, which has lasted several weeks and is still going. I will definitely be buying this product again - only this time in the large format :) (Posted on 06/06/2015)
Review by Eunyoung
- Quite good consistency, slim air tight bottle. At first, seemed a little too light for an evening treatment but perhaps good for hot summer nights (less sticky on skin). Also, if using it during the day, then good that it's 'light' because it could be followed up with a layer of SPF 50 Sun lotion. (Posted on 01/06/2015)
Review by Dawny
- I received a small 30ml of this moituriser as a free gift with my first order - and I liked it. I was hesitant at first, my combination, break out prone skin, HATES moisturisers of any kind, usually pushing them back out of my skin to sit like an oil slick. But this product suprised me. It was quite a thick, yellowish liquid/cream which glided onto my skin and was absorbed very quickly. One pump was plenty to cover my face. It stayed in my skin, and didn't create oiliness, irritation or breakouts. I was initally using it as my nightime moisturiser as it has no SPF, but to be honest, my skin doesn't actually NEED it, the cleansing, toning, exfoliating, serum routine seems to be enough. But I do like to use it around my eyes at night - as an eye cream. It feels very moisturising on that area and sinks in nicely, no greasy afterfeel or irritation despite the retinol. This is a NICE product - though not one I will personally buy after my free trial size is finished - but that's purely because my skin just doesn't need it. (Posted on 29/05/2015)
Review by Marlene
- This product is wonderful! After purchasing many different makes of retinol creams in the past and them all making my skin flaky, red and sore after just a few days, this product just makes my skin feel and look fantastic. It has a wonderful light creamy texture which soaks into the skin quickly and you can apply make-up straight away as there is no greasy texture left on your skin. I originally bought this just to use at night and with my previous experiences of creams with retinol was a bit hesitant to use it in the morning as well but now I use it every morning alone and on alternate nights after using Resist Intensive Retinol Serum and I have never been happier with the way my skin looks and feels. (Posted on 29/05/2015)
Review by Sean
- Best moisturiser I've ever used by a long way. (Posted on 12/04/2015)
Review by Justin
- I like this. I find it quite light and it doesn't leave my chin dry or my forehead greasy. (Posted on 29/03/2015)
Review by Lucy
- Even though the texture of this feels creamy, everywhere on my face seems to enjoy it, from the dry patches on my cheeks to my oily skin. I only use it every few days as I want my skin to get used to the retinol - but I'll definitely be buying the full size version when my trial pump runs out. I would only use this at night as it doesn't contain an spf, but its particularly good on my décolletage and neck, where I've been sun damaged. (Posted on 26/03/2015)
Review by Mahtab N.
- I have combination skin and the lightweight texture of this moisturiser is amazing. It absorbes well into my skin without it feeling sticky or tacky, I use it as my night time moisturiser and it's amazing. I sometimes mix it with the clinical retinol 1% which feels really good on my skin as well. I'm tempted to order a backup of this product. (Posted on 14/02/2015)
Review by Firefox7275
- One 1.8ml sample lasted two uses (face and neck or decollette) so am applying more retinol with this than a serum. This is very light, yet hydrated my skin reasonably well when it felt a little tight after using an AHA product. I haven't experienced any irritation or adverse reaction even used twice a day or on irritated skin after microneedling. Not holy grail for me but appreciate that it is not loaded with silicones. (Posted on 02/11/2014)
Review by Aylie
It's obvious from the ingredients list that a lot of thought went into this product, the well researched components and even the airless pump system. The pump can be tempermental at first, but after a few uses it sort of settles down so you don't have to slowly pump a few times to get it going again.
However, my skin is especially fussy about moisturisers as they're the last step and it didn't like this one. It doesn't break me out directly but contributes to it, it sits on the surface of my skin (one pump used, so a very small amount) and refuses to absorb. So I end up feeling sticky/tacky and just uncomfortable in general. (Posted on 06/09/2014)
Review by C J
This is a very effective proper night time moisturiser. This is the first night time moisturiser I have found in my 50 years that doesn't feel as if you have applied lard and ends up smeared all over your pillow! It absorbs extremely well is loaded with all sorts of beneficial ingredients and is perfectly safe around the eyes. People shy away from products containing retinol but I haven't developed any reaction to this at all, this cream makes it a lot easier to look in the mirror in the mornings, my skin is now soft, supple and has fewer surface lines, a definite keeper
(Posted on 03/07/2014)
Review by Kelly
Just got this moisturizer today and the pump not working? Wish paula's choice would sort out better packaging. payed for an expensive product that is unusable. Customer Care: We are sorry to hear about the pump. This product is packaged in an airless pump dispenser which utilizes a vacuum system to dispense and keep the contents fresh. Airless packaging helps to keep air and contaminates out of the product, which enhances the formula's stability and effectiveness.
When using your product for the first time, you may need to “prime” the dispenser. To prime, simply pump the dispenser slowly about 10-15 times. If the dispenser stops working at any time, simply repeat the "priming" step. Do not attempt to dismantle the package.
(Posted on 14/05/2014)
Review by Judy
- I've loved this moisturiser since I first used it. Everything was great until the pump was changed. I couldn't get enough product out of the pump at one time, and it doesn't recover at all quickly. It kept getting worse until I had to just discard the rest of the moisturiser. I'm quite upset since the product, itself, is the best ever. Please bring back the old pump or fix the problem so I can use this product again. Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about the malfunctioning pump. Sometimes when you start to use this product you have to pump several times before the (airless) pump starts working. If the problem cannot be solved, please contact us again so we can offer an appropriate solution. (Posted on 04/05/2014)
Review by Kat
- This is great for moisturizing, however I didn't see results on my fine lines( I'm 30 and my fine lines are not visible unless im wearing makeup). I finished my bottle a few months ago and my skin doesn't seem to be worse, so not sure it worked other than to moisturize. (Posted on 10/03/2014)
Review by jane
- I have quite tricky skin, oily but with rosacea, and have found I can't tolerate BHA anymore. However, even though conventional skincare experts advise against retinol, I find this leaves my skin calmer and softer than ordinary moisturizer. I use it at night and it seems to help with redness and flaking. It leaves skin looking fresher and fine lines around my eyes seem diminished. I always follow in the morning with a moisturizer or foundation with a good SPF. (Posted on 20/01/2014)
Review by sue
- This is a beautifully silky moisturiser that just sinks in but leaves a healthy dewy sheen. So, I got trigger happy and started pumping it out every 10 minutes. But more is not more. My skin reacted so badly - burning and redness. Lesson is - use sparingly and enjoy! (Posted on 29/04/2013)
Review by Anthony
- This moisturizer is a must-have for anyone whose main concern is anti-aging. This silky gel-cream works wonders for the skin! After using it, my skin is so soft and as I've used it over a prolonged period of time, my skin is firmer also. I love that this moisturizer has Retinol in it as well: a huge bonus! If you have oily skin do not worry about this moisturizer exacerbating any oil problems you may have. It sets to a wonderful matte finish and isn't overly emollient which leads me to thinking that if you have drier skin, it may not be moisturizing enough for you. The only downside to this product is the dreadful packaging it comes in. The pump is terrible! After three weeks of usage, the pump stopped springing all the way up after being pressed down and I kept having to bang it on a hard surface to get the product to dispense. Please fix this! (Posted on 10/12/2012)
Review by ALBA
- I have it and i love it, but most of the times after the RESIST toner and exfoliating I feel I need nothing more because my skins feels great. I guess I will be using a bit more in winter. Overall, it's great. (Posted on 16/07/2012)
Review by charlotte
I agree with the rest of reviewers: the moisturizer is fantastic, even if I could wish for a bit more oomph - often I also want to add one more (one more!) layer of moisturizer after using it. I am considering buying the moisture boost cream to add on top. But I really have to get used to using so many products - before I switched to Paula's products (about three months ago), I would use cleanser and one cream at night and sunscreen during the day. Now I also use toner (from the Resist line - I am addicted now!), exfoliant (5% and 10% AHA) and moisture barrier repair at night and serum and moisture barrier repair and then sunscreen in the morning. It is expensive with so many products, but my skin looks really good so it is worth it! I don't think the pump issue has been resolved; my pump started giving me trouble after about a couple of weeks as well - not springing back up when you pump down. Please fix!
Customer Care: Thank you for your review.We can assure you all review feedback is passed along to Paula and her team.We will send you a replacement in the meantime. Please contact customer care with any questions. (Posted on 16/04/2012)
Review by marian
This is a great lotion that works for my dry, sensitive and aging skin.
It is not greasy yet moisturizing. The retinol in it, is not irritating my
sensitive skin at all. I use this product every night and when I wake up my
skin feels smooth. My sister says my skin looks more radiant than before.
(Posted on 28/03/2012)
Review by Louise
After a week of applying this twice a day my skin looked and felt terrible: dry, flaky and itchy. It still hasn't gone back to its usual happy self, and it's been two weeks now since I stopped using 'Resist'.
Before trying 'Resist' I used Paula's Moisture Boost Hydrating Treatment Cream for two years. I'll go back to that. Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with this product. We do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. This along with everyday environmental factors can sometimes play a part in how someone will ultimately respond to a product or combination of products. For that reason, we have located your account information and will apply a credit for the product. Our customer care will contact you for further details.
(Posted on 04/03/2012)
Review by Chelo
- I have combination skin and it's excellent for use on winter. Really works for my skin. (Posted on 27/11/2011)
Review by Mina
- I was already pretty happy with my skin when I first ordered this but I felt like trying something new. I didn't intend to reorder, but once the product was used up, I really noticed a difference: when this is missing from my routine, my skin seems noticeably less smooth. So now I wouldn't be without it. (Posted on 14/07/2011)
Review by Anne-Ce
That's the best moisturizer I have ever bought. When my daughter developped some acne I decided to buy Paula's book ( I had kept an article about the book just in case one day ...). I solved my daughter's problem and had the same time found this fantastic cream after sampled a few others. No itching, the skin doesn't feel greasy. The only problem is that it doesnt last as long as the other Paula's Choice's products.
Thank you Paula for your work. I wished I had discovered the book sooner. (Posted on 17/11/2010)
Review by Angela
- I am happy I found a potent serum with retinol and vitamin C that my very sensitive skin tolerates without any blemishes or rashes. I am allergic to all kinds of pollen, food, perfume and many cosmetic ingredients and i react with rashes and hives. This product does not irritate my skin at all, I follow it up with thermal water toner + 3 drops of Rosehip oil to lock in the moisture. I'd call the product a serum though and not a moisturizer. My skin would be left too dry if I wouldn't apply the oil afterwards. (Posted on 14/11/2010)
Review by Karen
- I am very happy to say this product works beautifully on my 50 year old but sadly still blemish-prone skin. I am also pleased to see from another review that the problems with the pump have been resolved as mine did not work properly from day one! I realise that the opaque packaging is to keep the ingredients stable (which is obviously very important) but it makes it absolutely impossible to see how much product you have left and you don't know when to buy more until it runs out. Other than that, I am very pleased and will continue to use it along with many of Paula's other products. (Posted on 29/09/2010)
Review by Josh
- I'm on my 4th bottle of this now and absolutely love it! It has a really nice finish, is not greasy at all and doesn't irritate my skin in the slightest, even around my eyes! It's not overly moisturising though, so those with drier skins may well need to use another moisturiser with it. (Posted on 16/09/2010)
Review by Rachel
Well first I have to say that I have been a fan of Paula's reviews since her first Beauty Bible came out, and have followed her subsequent books, articles, etc. until now, and I am still doing it, as well as listening to her radio show. I have been a Beautypedia subscriber from before it was a webpage, and have been buying her products when there still wasn't a single Paula's Choice shop in Europe (I had them sent from their US online shop). Overall I have always been pretty satisfied wit most of Paula's products, with a few exceptions only, but some of them are still great for my skin and continue to order and use them, despite the recent size "shrinking" of some of them, and also higher prices for a couple of sunscreens, and honestly I must mention am not pleasantly surprised by the very recent change of size of one of my favourites, the lip balm, which is now half the product but the price remains the same. I think these little things are not consistent with Paula's admirable work and I cannot understand them so far nor do I approve of them as a loyal customer. I have had to stop buying the lipbalm and have fortunately found a very similar option at a reasonable price.
Aside of all that, as for this product, the Resist moisturizer, I am sad to give it two stars only, (and in reality I should have given one because of my awful experience with it, but I understand from the ingredient list and the research evidence that this may be no doubt a great product for many lucky people).
In short, I experienced a very immediate and exaggerated irritation all over my face shortly after having applied this product, I was so very much looking forward to trying it, and half an hour after application I had to rush to the nearest ER because my face was all red, swollen and covered in small red bumps. Obviously it seemed that I was allergic to some kind of ingredient. I had to have antihistaminic shots as well as had to take anti allergy medication for more than one week, until it finally went away and my skin looked normal again.I have now realized I have extremely sensitive skin, and honestly thought that simply my delicate skin couldn't take it, so to speak. However after this shocking experience I did go to my dermatologist to have the product ingredient list tested on me to find out what was causing me the allergy. Yes my doctor prepared a common but personalized allergy test with all the ingredients in the Resist moisturizer list and applied a drop of each one of them on my back, after slighly piercing on each spot, together with some other more common skin allergens (since I was going to bother to do this I might as well do it as thoroughly as possible), and had this as a very large patch stuck on my back for one week until the results came out.
To my doctor and my own surprise, my skin did not reveal any sign of allergy or even slight irritation to any of Paula's Resist ingredients! As it turns out I found out my skin is sensitive and allergic to the metal nickel, which can be found in many common objects, including coins, some types of food, etc.
So my doctor told me that reaction might have been because I might have touched something metallic containing nickel right before applying the moisturizer, which is rare in me since I am always very careful to have clean washed hands before applying both creams or cosmetics, but of course it is a possibility.
Anyway, apologies for the long review, but I just think it might help some people, and I just wanted to share with Paula and her team my experience.
The customer service was very fast to respond, I sent them the remainder of the product back and they quickly reimbursed me for the product and all the expenses. Great customer service.
I am just still wondering if I should buy a sample and try to use it making sure this time my hands are absolutely clean right before I apply it, but I had such a bad time that I don't dare to do it and stick to my usual products. A shame!
Customer Care: Thank you for your comments. We will share this information with Paula and her team in the US.
(Posted on 13/09/2010)
Review by Hattie
- This feels just right on my skin (combination) and leaves no oily residue, but despite only using it once a day, it only lasted two months. Paula's other products last much longer, so this was a disappointment because ordering her products from Europe is expensive. (Posted on 28/04/2010)
Review by Hector
I really wanted to believe this product would fill my expectations due to its impressive assortment of ingredients which I know they're really beneficial for the skin but after a lot of trials I have to admit isn't for me. After the product has absorbed my skin looks shiny and ... how to say?, it remembered me when I used to apply a moisturizer with alcohol in the past. It means more rough and cracked. I suppose some ingredient/s here maybe are not so good for my skin as for the other users(most of them love it). Although usually your products work for me(most of them amazing), what a shame I cannot use your last innovating product. I give it 3 stars because although it made me feel disappointed I know it's a good product, .
I cannot agree with Nell's review but I do for Eric's review(yes, the pump becomes worse after several weeks).
Customer Care: The choice of the perfect moisturizer depends i.a. on your personal preference. Sometimes you have to try out which moisturizer suits your skin best. For a very dry skin we advise the use of the Moisture Boost Hydrating Treatment Cream or Skin Recovery Moisturizer.
Regarding the pump of the Barrier Repair Moisturizer: There have been some problems with the airless pump system in the beginning after the launch of this product, but these problems have been solved by the manufacturer of the pump system in the
meantime. (Posted on 12/02/2010)
Review by Nell
I want to write a review for this because I am truly amazed by this product. I´m a great sceptic (also I´ve grown weary regarding cosmetic claims, thanks to reading Paula´s reviews and books for many years), so I was a little dubious that Paula, while surely having created a solid product, was making these kind of claims for the new moisturizer, they are very near or even right on the thin red line to marketing hype as usual in the world of skincare.
But what can I say? After using this moisturizer for four weeks, I am left with balanced, glowing, blemishfree and smooth skin, like I haven´t had in years (I´m not old, but at 34 not as fresh as I used to be). I also had a stubborn patch of atopic dermatitis on my eye that wouldn´t budge with either cortisone nor a drug for Neurodermitis, it went away in days, when using nothing but Resist.
I am extremely happy that this cream exists, and I will continue using it morning (plus mineral sunscreen spf 25) and nights (with additional application of Skin Recovery Moisturizer, since my skin is too dry otherwise) as long as Paula doesn´t come out with something even more advanced as science progresses. I would only wish for a more emollient version, so I wouldn´t have to use an additional step in the evening.
Thank you Paula, you did a lot for me and the health of my skin since I discovered your books in 1994! (Posted on 17/12/2009)
Review by Eric
Great treatment moisturizer for combination skin, lovely gel-cream consistency, neither greasiness nor redness upon application, no smell at all, nice silky feeling on the skin, outstanding protective formula, very light irritation around the nose (the most sensitive part of my face, nothing unbearable)… it slightly lacks spreadability but spraying toner on fingers before application fixes this.
The only problem comes from the pump which works fine at the beginning then doesn't reset completely anymore after one or two weeks.
Thank you ♥Paula♥, I love this moisturizer (but please, improve the packaging) :-) (Posted on 12/12/2009)
Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer should be used mornings and evenings as part of your daily skin-care routine including cleansing, toning, using an AHA or BHA exfoliant, and an antioxidant serum. During the daytime, be sure to follow with a foundation rated with an SPF 15 or greater or replace with daytime moisturizer rated SPF 15 or greater. Resist also works beautifully as eye or neck cream.
What makes this product unique?
Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer contains a unique complex of ingredients proven to remodel your skin by building and preserving collagen, firming skin and protecting against moisture loss. The feather-light, silky texture provides substantial hydration. The active ingredients in the Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer are proven to make a visible difference in the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, skin tone, and skin firmness.
This product is 100% fragrance- and colourant-free.
Who is this product for?
Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer is best for those with normal to dry skin. However, because the lightweight, cream texture sets to a satiny finish that won't make skin look or feel greasy, it is also an option for slightly oily or combination skin. All skin types will benefit from the key ingredients that help skin to look its best while resisting signs of ageing.
Aqua, Dicaprylyl Carbonate (emollient), Glycerin (skin-identical agent), Ethylhexyl Stearate (thickener), Cocoglycerides (emollient), Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) (antioxidant/emollient), Squalane (emollient), Sodium Polyacrylate (film-forming agent), Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 (cell-communicating ingredient), Ceramide NP (skin-identical agent), Retinol (cell-communicating ingredient), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract (anti-irritant), Tetrahydrodiferuloylmethane (antioxidant), Tetrahydrodemethoxydiferuloylmethane (antioxidant), Tetrahydrobisdemethoxydiferuloylmethane (antioxidant), Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin E/antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil (antioxidant), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Propylene Glycol (slip agent), Glyceryl Polymethacrylate (film-forming agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer:
Biochemical Pharmacology, December 2008, pages 1,590-1,611 and February 2008, pages 787-809; Clinics in Dermatology, November-December 2008, pages 614–626; Skin Therapy Letter, September 2008, pages 5–9; Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, July 2008, pages S7–S12; Archives of Dermatology, May 2008, pages 666-672; Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology, 2007, pages 343-357;Dermatologic Therapy, September-October 2007, pages 322–329; Dermatologic Surgery, "The Antioxidant Network of the Stratum Corneum," July 2005, pages 814–817; Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Analysis, February 2005, pages 287–295; Exogenous Dermatology, June 2004, pages 154–160; Cosmetics & Toiletries, March 2003, pages 43–52; Toxicology Letters, December 2003, pages 65–73; Cosmetic Dermatology, December 2001, pages 37–40; and The Journal of Investigative Dermatology, March 2000, pages 480-486.
How is the Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer different from the other Paula's Choice facial moisturisers?
Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer is a state-of-the-art formula specifically designed to address the advanced needs of those concerned with wrinkles and signs of ageing. Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer has more antioxidants, a greater range of emollients (including several ingredients that mimic the structure and function of healthy skin) and higher levels of proven cell-communicating ingredients that work to boost collagen production. Its silky texture provides the moisture normal to dry skin needs without feeling thick, heavy, or occlusive. Despite the advanced nature of this formula, it bears the formulary hallmarks of every Paula's Choice facial moisturiser. All of them are designed to supply skin with what it needs to look and feel its best.
My skin is dry. Which moisturiser do you recommend?Several Paula's Choice moisturisers would work well for you. Choosing the perfect moisturiser has a lot to do with personal preference and trying a product to determine which one works best on your skin. A good place to start, especially if signs of ageing are a concern, is with our Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer. If you want a richer texture, try our Moisture Boost Hydrating Treatment Cream or Skin Recovery Replenishing Moisturizer. It is also helpful to use our Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum or Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum in combination with (on top of or underneath) any moisturiser you apply. You may also wish to treat your dry skin to frequent applications of our Skin Recovery Hydrating Treatment Mask.
Do I need to use a serum with Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer?
Ideally, yes. Although Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer contains an excellent blend of antioxidants, it is a good idea to pair it with our Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum for enhanced results. When it comes to antioxidant and topical application to skin, more is generally better! By combining Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer with our Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum, you're treating skin to an even more extraordinary combination of ingredients that help you look younger and resist signs of ageing.
Which Super Antioxidant Concentrate is best for use with Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer?
Generally, we recommend pairing Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. However, our Skin Recovery or Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrates are also options. Those with normal to very dry skin may want to consider our Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. If you have normal to oily/combination skin, consider our Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum or Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.
All skin types can use Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. This serum is the one of the two to choose if you only want one of your anti-ageing skin-care products to supply retinol (Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum and RESIST Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum do not contain retinol).
It is also an option to use one Antioxidant Concentrate as part of your morning routine and another version for evening. Samples are available so you can experiment and see which formula works best with Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer and your skin.
I keep depressing the pump, but no product is coming out.
The pump is not broken as you might think, but it is a so called airless pump. This product is packaged in an airless pump dispenser which utilises a vacuum system to dispense and keep the contents fresh. Airless packaging helps to keep air and contaminates out of the product, which enhances the formula's stability and effectiveness.
When using your product for the first time, you may need to "prime" the dispenser. To prime, simply pump the dispenser slowly about 10-15 times. If the dispenser stops working at any time, simply repeat the "priming" step. Do not attempt to dismantle the package.
We kindly request you to please try again. If the pump still isn’t working please contact us.
Our Resist Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol is actually identical to our PC4Men Nighttime Repair, except for the packaging and the placement in our Resist line.