Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
Skin Type: Combination to Oily Skin
Skin Concern: Acne-prone | Anti-Ageing | Blackheads | Breakouts | Wrinkles
Full product name: Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
Size: 50 ml
Availability: In stock
Out, out red spots. Wrinkles, that goes for you, too. This silky anti-ageing moisturiser is just the right texture to hydrate without causing breakouts.
- Anti-wrinkle and skin-clearing ingredients renew and restore
- Improves skin's tone and texture
- 100% fragrance- and colourant-free
prices are including VAT
Review by Juicy
- I bought this a week ago (trial size) and it seems so far to be quite good. It is recommended for my skin type, oily combination, breakouts. Before using PC range I was using Boots cleanser which was okay but since age related hormonal changes my oily skin has become very tight and dehydrated so I was recommended to try this and I am loving it. I have now ordered trial size of cleanser so hopefully this will work well in conjunction with this and also ordered the hyaluronic booster. I am hopeful about these products, although like a lot of people I am not so keen on the price but the most important thing is great results and if it continues to deliver then it is money well spent in my opinion. I have seen that some people are complaining of breakouts. Research shows that Cetearyl alcohol can be the culprit for this (I'm no expert, googled it). Surprised they have put this in this range as it has a comedegenic rating of 2, meaning could clog pores and cause breakouts so strange ingredient to put in something that could potentially cause issues. Still has not (yet) affected me but it is early days, if it changes I will review again. (Posted on 09/12/2016)
Review by Pep
- Finding a moisturizer that works for dehydrated, oily, acne prone skin is tricky business. This is absolutely up to the job! My skin feels moisturised, calmed and hydrated and it has caused me no breakouts at all. It's done a great job of helping to fade some of my post acne red marks and scars as well. I would have given it 5 stars if it absorbed and sat under make-up a little better. Great for night time though. (Posted on 06/08/2016)
Review by sarah
Firstly let me start by saying I'm 40 years old and have oily dehydrated skin with hormonal breakouts.
I have suffered from severely dehydrated skin for about 8 years and have tried everything from high to low end creams, serums ect including hylaronic acid serums, basically everything your told will work for dehydration but sadly they never did until now.
I use Paula's bha exfoliant and love how it keeps conjestion at bay but don't use her cleanser as I'm yet to find one I love but I have been bowled over by effect the Resist Anti-Aging clear skin hydrator has had on my skin.
Finally my skin looks hydrated it's a miracle I've only been using for about 2 weeks and the change is shocking I don't know what the magic ingredient is but it's working.
My skin is less oily, it's plump, it's hydrated, it's less flaky from using retinol at night, it's simply AMAZING.
I have not broken out or noticed any funny smell.
THANK YOU Paula I finally found my holy grail moisturiser please don't ever change it.
To anyone thinking of trying please do especially if you have oily dehydrated skin like me. (Posted on 31/05/2016)
Review by Heather
RE: SMELL - I'm not sure why people are going out of their way to SMELL their skin care products - it's not food, you're not going to eat it & it's not meant to be applied as a fragrance. Paula's Choice products are fragrance free, so come on, you should already know what not to expect when you buy these fragrance free products! But anyway, I haven't once gone out of my way to smell this moisteriser, & I still haven't, because honestly, it doesn't smell of anything. If it did, I think I'd pick up on it. The PC Clinical 1% Retinol is a product that doesn't have a fragrance however I do pick up on a scent when applying it & strangely enough it smells really nice, but again, this moisteriser has no scent, & nobody should be purchasing this prodeuct expecting there to be one.
I have very sensitive skin & this moisterizer does not give me in any way sensitivity, which leads me to believe that if you're suffering from sensitivity, you're either having an allergic reaction to an ingredient in this product or it's something else you must be using. The same applies to anyone who's recommending caution to those with acne-prone skin. I suffered from acne prior to switching to a full PC skincare routine, & this moisturiser does not cause acne. It's a light creamy gel that leaves skin plumped & moisturised without residue or the feeling that you're wearing anything on your skin, because it's not heavy, it's not greasy or sticky. I love this moisturiser & BECAUSE I suffered from acne, was not a great fan of moisturisers in general. Thank you, PC! (Posted on 24/04/2016)
Review by Georgiana
This time for the first time ever, I actually did my homework before buying a face cream, after reading articles and reviews I thought this cream will be the best cream ever. I was very disappointed to have more spots than usual and my skin was very very dry after using it. I personally did not find this cream at all hydrating, and due to that I did not see any improvement for fine lines either
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that this product was not suitable for your skin. Although this is not a common response, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. Please contact our customer care team for further assistance.
(Posted on 19/02/2016)
Review by FLAVIA
- I can't say much about the anti-wrinkle yet, but it's a very good moisturizer and it does get rid of red marks due to breakouts.It's a good product, although I have to agree with KL - it's 'non-fragrance' fragrance is unpleasant indeed. (Posted on 10/12/2015)
Review by Alexandra
- Very good moisturizer. It absorbs completely and it's not too moisturizing, it's perfect for oily and combination skin. Just making skin better without the feeling that you are "wearing" something. (Posted on 03/12/2015)
Review by Dawny
- I got this in a 30ml size, as a free gift (I think when I spent over £50). I use it only at night, due to it not having SPF. My skin is combination - I have a slightly oily T-Zone and am normal elsewhere. This moisturiser is really good. It doesn't have retinol, or hylauronic acid etc - so its extremely gentle, and JUST a moisturiser! I don't technically need one - my skin is not dry, but I like using one and this is just perfect for me occasionally when I do use one, at night. It is slightly pale yellow in colour and the consistency is a thickish, lightweight cream. It smooths nicely onto my skin - one pump is definately enough for my whole face and neck. It hasn't appeared to break me out, or make me oily. I find it soothing and calming and it totally sinks in, not leaving a shine or that "wet, shiny" look you sometimes get from moisturisers. But more unexpectedly, it has been a fantastic product to use over my stronger products from Paula. I have been having a slight peel happening - from which product I'm not sure - either 5%/10% aha or the 1% retinol. I use all 3 so don't really know which it is, but putting a layer of the Clear Skin Hydrator has really helped. Whether it slightly "dilutes" those products or not I'm not sure, but I have found it helps ALOT with minimising that peel stage. I can't give 5* yet as I haven't used it alone or frequently enough to see anti-aging results, but I really recommend it for anyone looking for a great, basic moisturiser. It's also lovely around the whole eye area! Another great product Paula, thank you! (Posted on 01/06/2015)
Review by Lucy
- This doesn't have the same satisfying, soothing feel as other moisturisers I have tried from PC, and instead of feeling watery light on my skin, the gel texture seemed heavier. It also stung a tiny tiny bit unless balanced with the Resist Oil. Just doesn't suit my skin, but luckily PC make an awesome range to select from so I'll be able to choose something that does! (Posted on 26/03/2015)
Review by Andrew
- Nice idea but did not work - broke me out badly. Would recommend caution for anyone with acne prone skin! (Posted on 16/08/2014)
Review by Rhys
- I never thought I would find the perfect moisturiser for my combo skin but guess what ? I did and this is it it's light it's soft it sinks in in no time and a small amount goes a long way tho I am probe to using 4-5 pumps as I like to feel well and truly moisturised to the hilt . (Posted on 10/07/2014)
Review by Alexandra
- I have normal/combination skin with the first signs of wrinkles coming my way. This product does really deliver for the things I need - hydration without swamping my skin and providing a lovely smooth base for make up. I can't comment if it's keeping wrinkles at bay but I love the texture and how lightweight it feels. Overall I would highly recommend it and even my partner has started using it and loves it too! (Posted on 08/07/2014)
Review by Hannah
- I was really excited to try this product as the description listed practically everything I was worried about and looking for in a moisturiser, however, I'm really disappointed. I've been using this with the resist serum for a couple of weeks now and my skin has just got worse. I have very oily skin but this paired with the serum has made it beyond dry! So much so that make up doesn't go on anymore without caking and looking disgusting. I'm really disappointed and had much higher expectations. Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience and will contact you by email. (Posted on 01/03/2014)
Review by me
- This is by far the best moisturizer I have ever used! I have tried hundreds of them, also the ones by PC in the Hydralight and Skin Balancing lines, but nothing works like this one on my sensitive, inflamed and congested combination skin that is also showing signs of premature ageing thanks to aggressive and drying treatments used in the past. I liked the other PC moisturizers too, but the Skin Balancing gel wasn't moisturizing enough for me, and the Hydralight lotion left my skin a bit too red and congested. This one gives me the perfect level of hydration, calms my skin and lets it breathe, and gives me the most amazing feeling of rejuvenation. My skin definitely looks younger, healthier, and fresh again. I also love the consistency, it's the perfect fusion of gel and lotion, and my skin just drinks it up. I use this twice daily after cleansing, toning and exfoliating with PC products. (I use mineral makeup with SPF during the day.) The daily skin care regime that works best for me consists of the Skin Balancing cleanser and toner, the 2% BHA gel, and this moisturizer. They all work great together, and I can use all of them morning and night. This seriously saved my skin, please don't ever stop making this! (Posted on 10/10/2013)
Review by Adriana G
This moisturizer is the best I have tried from Paula`s Choice. I have sensitive combination skin and I had trouble finding a moisturizer that hydrates my skin without leaving it oily. I can use this moisturizer as well in the summer as in the winter and my skin looks the same - hydrated but not oily. However my skin color and texture did not improve even if I am using this since almost 1.5 year.
(Posted on 10/08/2013)
Review by Amber
- I can't recommend this product enough for oily and spot-prone skin. I love this moisturiser because it's not just aimed at being light and avoiding shine, like most moisturisers for oily skin. Having just turned 25, I'm looking for something a bit more substantial, that's going to do a bit more, and this really delivers. My skin tone is noticeably brighter and more even, and I love that I can use it under my eyes too (no need to buy an expensive separate eye cream.) THANK YOU THANK YOU for making a product that actually works!! (Posted on 13/07/2013)
Review by Jay
- The best moisturiser i've used. I use it at night for my acne prone oily skin. This has to be the best at balancing out the harshness of my Benzyl peroxide cream, not only that, it slowly removes the hyper-pigmentation marks i get from my acne. But the biggest bonus is, that the dryness and the lizard skin that years of Benzyl Peroxide and harsh cleansers caused, have now gone. I've been left with smooth to the touch skin. I can't really describe how it makes me feel. I know it's for the older person for wrinkles etc. but i'm in my lates 20s and have damaged skin from acne products, and this has really improved things. (Posted on 04/07/2013)
Review by Diana
- I use this in the summer and spring months when the weather is less dry. It has a fantastic texture and disappears with no greasy feeling. Great as you can put it on just before applying make-up and don't have to wait for it to ''dry'' on your skin. I have dry skin in the winter, so switch to the moisture boost cream from Nov-March. Brilliant product! (Posted on 17/01/2013)
Review by Zahid
I like this moisturizer feels nice on skin and also feels like a really good quality product non of that cheap fluffy moisturizer feel.
At first i didn't think that two pumps is going to be enough because my face felt a bit tight after this but i have got use to it now and its working brilliantly,its a nice size as well lasts ages. (Posted on 04/12/2012)
Review by Kitty
- I have combination skin. I've been using this for a month now and I can see improvements in my sking tone - it has become even. Silky smooth texture, very pleasurable to use, does not conflict with makeup, does not ball up. Perfect! (Posted on 13/09/2012)
Review by Mathilda
- Been using this product for a few months now and i do feel it makes a difference on my skin. I love all Paulas products and would never spend money on anything else really, so not too surprised by this new product. I do prefer to use it in the evenings though, since can get a little much underneath both antioxidant serum and sunscreen. (Posted on 28/03/2012)
Review by Charlotte
- Had very high hopes for this product after reading many wonderful reviews and have great faith in all Paula's products which have helped my skin no end but this was terrible for me. After a week of use my skin felt bumpy all over, cystic acne increased and I had clogged pores where usually there are none. It's just not a product for me. I've never had to return a product before but I'm really disappointed with the lack of response from customer service, I was asked to fill out a questionnaire which I did and have heard nothing since. I was under the impression there was a 30 day money back guarantee? I would have ordered samples but the postage costs more than the sample sizes so I waited until I was ordering other products, would love to know what's happen as I've emailed again. Many thanks.Customer Care : We thank you for your feedback and we are sorry to hear that you are disappointed in the lack of responese from Customer Service. We kindly would like to refer you to our e-mail correspondence. As soon as we have received the product you will immediately be informed and the purchase price refunded. Our customer service department will keep you informed. (Posted on 22/02/2012)
Review by Katarina
- I am sorry to say that I used only one of the five sample sizes purchased and within 30 seconds turned my skin red and blotchy. I didn't use any new products in conjunction with this so purely due to this product. Grateful if anyone can let me know what in this formulation is likely to cause reactions so I can make a better choice next time.Customer Care : Thank you for taking time to review this product. While the response you have indicated is not typical, we understand that each consumer is distinctly different which means they may respond differently to our products (whether used alone or combined with other products). This along with everyday environmental factors can sometimes play a part in how someone will ultimately respond to a product or combination of products. Please contact our Customer Care for an alternative product. (Posted on 17/01/2012)
Review by Chelo
- Excellent for oily and combination skin on summer, and really suberb for around the eyes. On winter I need to use with combination of resist super antioxidant concentrate serum. (Posted on 28/11/2011)
Review by Andreea
My opinion about product:
skin -clearing effect (past beakoust,younger-looking skin)
good moisturizer for my combination skin
soft texture,creamy without be greasy
product can be use in place of your eye cream
it's look a like "eraser" for my skin;if you apply it before sleep,in the morning you will have skin clear & soft
good quality-price : 25,50 euro for 50 ml of product
they are saying 100% fragrance ,but for me smells a bit,it's not bad anyway
remove "red marks" from my skin,reduce redness and irritation
I like the packaging and and in general packaging Paula's Choice products range Resist (Posted on 11/11/2011)
Review by K L
- This may well be a fantastic product, but I cannot get past it's 'non-fragrance' fragrance! V unpleasant. I will go back to Repair Moisturizer. (Posted on 05/09/2011)
Review by Edro
- Very nice product. Definitely a good anti redness effect. I'm not sure it helps keep my skin clear, but it doesn't make it worse. A good replacement to the Regenerist, about the same price and better ingredients. A keeper. (Posted on 05/09/2011)
Review by Eric
- I've waited for more than one month to leave a feedback though I saw improvements of my skin within days (I bought it on Paula's US website when it was launched in June). This is simply the most incredible skincare product I've ever used, it has amazing abilities to fight redness and irritation (it's truly the best soothing product to use after shaving). This is definitely not a cream-gel (this description matches better the RESIST Barrier Repair Moisturizer) but a lightweight cream. It intensely moisturizes my oily & dehydrated skin without any greasy afterfeel, it dries to a matte/satin finish and leaves my skin so soft/silky (just like clean healthy skin). It even has allowed me to use again some products I discarted because of bad reactions (dryness and parched skin from the 2% BHA Liquid, burning sensation and redness from the HYDRALIGHT Toner). Really worth the price in every aspect. I will never stop using it, I'm in love :-D (Posted on 26/07/2011)
Apply after cleansing, toning, and exfoliating with your Paula's Choice skincare system. Dispense 1-2 pumps and apply over entire face, including around the eyes. During the day, follow with a Paula's Choice sunscreen or foundation with sunscreen; at night, for optimum results, apply after Paula's Choice Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.
Who is the ideal customer for this product?
Formulated for anyone with normal, oily, combination or blemish-prone skin who wants a moisturiser to address wrinkles and sun damage with the added benefit of curbing blemishes and the red marks they leave behind.
What Makes Paula's Choice Products Unique?
Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator contains an exclusive complex of proven antiwrinkle and skin-clearing ingredients that renew and restore your skin, making it look younger, even-toned, and fresh. Powerful antioxidants and skin-repairing ingredients stimulate healthy collagen production, repair sun damage, and fade red marks and discolourations from past breakouts. Lactoperoxidase helps eliminate breakout-causing bacteria, while soothing agents calm skin and enhance its natural repair process.
This silky, gel-lotion hydrates your skin for a healthier surface that feels wonderfully smooth. It brightens your skin with a radiant matte finish that perfectly preps it for makeup application.
Fragrance-free, colourant-free, and safe for use around the eyes. 100% Guaranteed.
Aqua, Cyclopentasiloxane (silicone slip agent), Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate (thickener/skin-conditioning agent), Glycerin (Skin-identical/repairing ingredient), Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer (silicone texture enhancer), Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (stabilized vitamin C), Cetyl Alcohol (thickener), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Niacinamide (cell-communicating ingredient), Butylene Glycol (slip agent), Cetearyl Alcohol (thickener), Glyceryl Stearate (thickener), PEG-100 Stearate (thickener), Polysilicone-11 (film-forming agent), Adenosine (cell-communicating ingredient), Epigallocatechin Gallate (antioxidant), Glucose Oxidase (skin-clearing agent), Lactoperoxidase (vitamin B3/cell-communicating ingredient), Boerhavia Diffusa Root Extract (plant extract/antioxidant), Xanthan Gum (binding agent/emulsifier), Glucose (skin-identical/repairing agent), Ceteareth-20 (solubilizing agent), Decyl Glucoside (emulsifier), Citric Acid (pH adjuster), Phenoxyethanol (preservative). Sources to support the claims made for Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator
Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, June 2010, pages S72–S81; Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, March 2010, pages 22–27; Wound Repair and Regeneration, January-February 2010, pages 80–88; Immunopharmacology and Immunotoxicology, Volume 31, 2009, pages 277–287; Journal of Dermatological Science, November 2009, pages 106–112; Free Radical Biology and Medicine, January 2009, pages 78–87; Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, June 2008, pages 235–243; Food and Chemical Toxicology, April 2008, pages 1,298–1,307; Journal of Experimental Therapeutics and Oncology, 2007, Volume 6, issue 2, pages 89–106; Journal of Cosmetic and Laser Therapy, June 2006, pages 96–101; Journal of Applied Microbiology, May 2006, pages 1034–1042; International Journal of Cosmetic Science, June 2005, pages 171–176; and Biomaterials, December 2003, pages 5,099–5,113.
How is the Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator different from the other Paula's Choice facial moisturisers?
Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator is a state-of-the-art formula specifically designed to address the advanced needs of those concerned with the frustrating combination of wrinkles and breakouts.
Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator contains a special complex of ingredients that works to repair signs of ageing as it helps keep skin clear and encourage healing of discolourations (red marks) from breakouts. And because it's a moisturiser, it also provides hydration for smoother, softer, younger-looking skin.
Despite the advanced nature of this formula, it bears the formulary hallmarks of every Paula's Choice facial moisturiser. All of them are designed to supply skin with what it needs to look and feel its best.
How come Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator doesn't contain retinol?
Although retinol is an anti-ageing superstar ingredient, it's important to keep in mind that it is not the only superstar to consider. Paula and her team developed this unique formula around the benefits of niacinamide with stabilised vitamin C and a specialised skin-clearing complex. Between these and other key ingredients such as antioxidants, skin that's showing signs of ageing yet still breaking out is able to repair itself and help reduce signs of past breakouts. If you wish to add a product with retinol to your anti-ageing routine, consider one of our serums (note that the Resist Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum does not contain retinol).
Do I still need to use my anti-acne products with this moisturiser?
Yes. Although we'd love it if this weren't true, the fact is that it requires more than one product to keep acne in check. Essential are a gentle, water-soluble cleanser, a beta hydroxy acid (BHA) exfoliant that contains salicylic acid, and a topical disinfectant medicated with benzoyl peroxide. Using these types of products along with Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator ensures you're combining the right ingredients to manage breakouts while also helping your skin look and act younger.
I keep depressing the pump, but no product is coming out.
The pump is not broken as you might think, but it is a so called airless pump. This product is packaged in an airless pump dispenser which utilises a vacuum system to dispense and keep the contents fresh. Airless packaging helps to keep air and contaminates out of the product, which enhances the formula's stability and effectiveness.
When using your product for the first time, you may need to "prime" the dispenser. To prime, simply pump the dispenser slowly about 10-15 times. If the dispenser stops working at any time, simply repeat the "priming" step. Do not attempt to dismantle the package.
We kindly request you to please try again. If the pump still isn’t working please contact us.