Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF 50
Skin Type: Combination to Oily Skin
Skin Concern: Acne-prone | Anti-Ageing | Blackheads | Breakouts | Brown Spots | Wrinkles
Full product name: Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Daily Hydrating Fluid broad spectrum SPF 50
Size: 60 ml
Availability: In stock
Go out and have a great day. We’ve got you covered. This water-light moisturiser protects from sun damage, prevents the signs of ageing, and hydrates without the shine.
- Provides weightless, broad-spectrum sun protection
- Prevents signs of ageing, including wrinkles and brown spots
- Minimises pores and stimulates collagen production
- 100% fragrance- and colourant-free
prices are including VAT
Review by Fatou
- I have bought this moisturizer two times and it works. I have extremely oily skin and the first time I used it I hated it because it made me even more oily. Then I invested in a more serious regimen and started to tone with PC RESIST Weightless Advanced Repairing Toner, exfoliate with PC SKIN PERFECTING 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant, apply the PC serum RESIST Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum and THEN apply this moisturizer and now I love it. It is strange because this product used to turn my face into an oilslick and make my makeup come of but in conjunction with the other products its the best moisturizer with spf for oily skin. Looks wonderful under makeup. (Posted on 01/12/2016)
Review by Jodie
i am on to my second bottle of this spf now. lasts forever! takes a while to get used to how watery the consistency is but this is a must for acne-prone sufferers like myself so i don't mind. it just means you have to be careful not to squeeze too much and waste it.
It doesn't break me out nor does it "gunk" up like some moisturizers can when you apply make up. leaves a nice fresh base for foundation. i just make sure i always leave a few minutes after applying my BHA or BHA moisturizer before i apply this and then also before i apply make up. I feel good knowing i am protecting my skin every day from sun damage. (Posted on 04/10/2016)
Review by Amanda
Bought the trial size, or rather two of them, as the full size was out of stock, it still is which makes me wonder if it's getting the chop?
I had trialled the Resist SPF25 and found it too greasy, especially around my nose, so trialled this and didn't like this either. It's not moisturising enough but if I add in a serum, I become too oily in my T-zone. I wonder if the SPF is the problem because it certainly causes my eyes to puff up. Overall, I don't like this, it's one of the few PC products I actively dislike and I now only use PC skincare.
Yes, I have emailed CS! These two trial sizes languish at the bottom of my PC products bag, where they belong.
Customer Care: We are sorry to hear of your experience when using this product. Although this is not a common response, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. We are happy to see that our customer care team has already contacted you to recommend an alternative solution.
(Posted on 29/07/2016)
Review by Ebikere
- I never review products but this was so bad that I couldn't hold back.I'm acne prone and this product broke me out all over within hours of being applied,and worse by the next day.It totally set me back in my quest for clear skin,had to abandon my daily skin care regimen and fight the spots with an active benzoyl peroxide product. (Posted on 28/06/2016)
Review by David
- I love this moisturiser! Over the years I have tried many, many different moisturisers rarely buying the same product twice but this product is my holy grail. Very light in texture and leaves a pleasant silky sheen on my skin. Perfect and just placed my third order! (Posted on 16/05/2016)
Review by Katrin
- Hands down the best high production face lotion I've tried so far (and I've tried too many to count, some of these ridiculously expensive). Its moisturising, although it doesn't leave the skin matte (which would be too much to want from SPF50 anyway), it sinks into skin quickly, leaves no white film, has very nice gently dewy moisturising effect on normal skin, yet makes a good make-up base. It is very liquid though, so beware when using the tube. (Posted on 23/03/2016)
Review by LM71
- If you are looking for an SPF50 which is matifying, this is it. It is so light, non-greasy and goes on like a dream. Leaves skin feeling and looking powdery soft. It is a little too light for winter (but why would I need SPF50 in winter) but it is perfect for summer or a winter-sun holiday. Best SPF50 moisturizer I have ever tried (and I have tried a few!). (Posted on 25/02/2016)
Review by Jenayhia
- I was introduced to Paula's choice by a youtuber that I follow. I was very skeptical about trying this product as I am dark skin and all of the face creams I have tried make me look blue or really greasy; this on the other hand doesn't make me look blue but I have to say for my skin type I wish it was a tad more mattifying. I would definitely repurchase and I would definitely recommend this product. (Posted on 03/09/2015)
Review by Tim
- The Rolls Royce of SPF moisturisers. Leaves no white sheen or oily film. Perfect for summer. (Posted on 14/06/2015)
Review by Mara
Pros: it moisturizes the skin perfectly, it leaves no oily smudges on the skin and it protects from the harsh summer sun. Great for oily/combination skin, it's about as fluid as the treatment serum, goes right into the skin and doesn't leave traces behind. The skin is more bouncy and well-hydrated without being over-burdened nor sticky.
Cons: it does leave a slight shine because there's no tint in it. It doesn't mattify as much as I expected.
Before this, I have successfully used the RESIST SUPER-LIGHT DAILY DEFENSE SPF 30, since it has a slight tint in it (it is amazing, by the way) but I decided to try this one out too, since it's from the same range.
The best look for me is achieved by complementing this fluid with a compact powder. It adds a mattifying effect but the glow from the fluid isn't completely faded out so my skin has a healthy, non-grease induced, natural glow.
I have had no issues with acne, blemishes or red spots which were normally caused by sweat and grease-blocked pores during the summer.
I would strongly suggest you get a sample to test it out for yourself and see what it's like, since you may be expecting the same instant matte effect as I was. This is very much a hit or miss, depending on what you're expecting.
After all, it's a non-tinted moisturizer, not foundation. (Posted on 13/05/2015)
Review by T.
- A really good SPF 50 for the face, doesn't clog pores. It does need to be combined with another moisturiser if you have dry skin or are peeling from acid treatments. (Posted on 12/05/2015)
Review by Dawny
- I have very fair combination skin, which burns after about 10 minutes. I am very lucky that I don't look my age (so I'm told) which I put down to staying out of the sun. However, I have always tried to use a sun tan lotion, but on my face they just don't stay put. My skin is like, no way! And 5 minutes later I'm an oil slick. And who wants to wear makeup over oily sun tan lotion anyway??! I appreciate that the sun damages skin even on cloudy days, so I thought I would try Paula's SPF moisturisers. I bought several samples of the Combo skin ones, and I loved this one! Amazingly, it just goes on like moisturiser. It doesn't turn my face white, despite being a high SPF. I have NEVER found a moisturiser that my skin absorbed - ever! So to find this one, with SPF (so no need for sun tan lotion) was great. This is lightweight, absorbs well and doesn't break me out by clogging my pores. I LOVE it! I love that Paula does samples to try too. Sooo glad I did try it. Thanks Paula :) (Posted on 09/05/2015)
Review by Lucy
- This product is the 50 SPF version of the clear daily mattifying fluid. Both are incredibly light in texture, don't break me out, are satisfying to use and being Paula's choice, are reliably full of beneficial ingredients. I would use this one in summer and the clear 30 SPF version in winter. (Posted on 26/04/2015)
Review by Danielle
- This is a FANTASTIC product. I had severe acne in the past and after treatment on prescription retinol my skin is now combination-dry. Because my skin was so oily SFP's were just not an option because they were always far too emollient. However, like every other person concerned with the health of their skin and protecting it from the harmful effects of the sun to prevent ageing, I have been searching for years determined to find an SPF to suit my skin. An finally I have! This product has an extremely light, watery texture, but unlike other watery products this actually absorbs immediately into the skin. It spreads so easily over the face and dries to an almost matte finish with the SLIGHTEST glow NOT SHINE(HOORAY!!). When the product is completely dry and I stroke my face my skin feels smooth, soft and there is no trace of a product being on my skin which is amazing as usually SPF's leave a "sticky" feel after application. I would highly recommend anyone to get a tester of this product and see for themselves how great it is. Even if you have normal-dry skin, I have never met anyone who loves a sticky gel like SPF so I think the texture of this product would please every skin type as it's so light and undetectable. As regards moisture it moisturised my skin perfectly, although my focus is on the fact that it's such a high SPF in such a light texture. I experienced no irritation or tingling sensation on my skin after application which is usually the case with SPF's for my sensitive, easily reddened skin.There was absolutely no trace of a white cast on my skin after application. Not to mention it's SPF 50!! What more could I ask for from a product. Well done Paula's Choice I am THRILLED to have found a reliable, light product that will protect my skin without making it a shiny, sticky mess. 5/5 (Posted on 28/02/2015)
Review by Heather
Loved this moisturiser.
I bought a couple of samples as it's quite pricey for the full size and I wasn't sure if I was going to like it.
It's lovely and lightweight, goes on smoothly and sinks in very nicely. Gives enough moisture but not at all greasy. Its not completely matte but isn't shiny either.
Great under makeup and I personally had no problems with using it close to my eyes, didn't break me out either!!
Will be purchasing the full size.
I have oily skin and got on great with it and my makeup lasted a decent amount of time.
I would recommend purchasing a few samples first so you don't waste your hard earned pennies. (Posted on 08/01/2015)
Review by Paulo
The product is very light, fluid and easy to apply also it does not dry the skin which is amazing.
The problem is that it is very shinny not mat at all no wonder how little you apply and even if you have only this on the skin it is shiny. Also it stings if you apply in the eye area. Paula says that her products can be used around the eye area. I am yet to find any of her sun creams that you can apply around the eye area that is ok. I tried also the physical ones and the same happen when it comes to the eye area.
(Posted on 24/12/2014)
Apply liberally before sun exposure as the last step in your morning skincare routine. Allow a moment to dry before applying makeup. For extra sun protection and to create a flawless finish, follow with a Paula’s Choice foundation and pressed powder with sunscreen.
What makes this product unique?
If you have oily skin and are concerned about preventing and repairing the signs of ageing, Resist Youth-Extending Daily Mattifying Fluid SPF 50 is the daytime moisturiser with sunscreen you will love to use every day. Specially formulated with advanced dispersion technology, this first-of-its-kind lotion has a water-light, fluid texture that’s unbelievably weightless yet provides high daily broad-spectrum sun protection that keeps your skin young, smooth, and healthy. It goes on feather-light and sets to a non-greasy, soft matte finish that minimises the appearance of pores and keeps excess shine in check. A blend of soothing, plant-based antioxidants protects skin from environmental damage and works to fade brown spots and stimulate collagen production for firmer, younger-looking skin. Ideal for use under makeup (so you can skip the foundation primer) and gentle enough for use around the eyes.
Who is this product for?
Resist Youth-Extending Daily Mattifying Fluid SPF 50 is for anyone with oily or combination skin concerned with preventing the signs of aging seeking a daily sunscreen that feels super-light and keeps excess oil in check while minimising enlarged pores.
Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate (7.5%,Octinoxate, sunscreen agent), Glycerin (skin-repairing ingredient), Ethylhexyl Salicylate (5%, Octisalate, sunscreen agent), Silica (absorbent), Octocrylene (2.5%, sunscreen agent), Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane (2%, Avobenzone, sunscreen agent), Dimethicone (silicone slip agent), Tocopherol (vitamin E/antioxidant), Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract (anti-irritant), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract (antioxidant), Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Camellia Oleifera (Green Tea) Leaf Extract (antioxidant), Peucedanum Graveolens (Dill) Extract (antioxidant), Sambucus Nigra (Black Elderberry) Fruit Extract (antioxidant), Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract (anti-irritant), Punica Granatum (Pomegranate) Extract (antioxidant), Lycium Barbarum (Goij) Fruit Extract (antioxidant), Hydrogenated Lecithin (cell-communicating ingredient), Titanium Dioxide (sunscreen agent ), Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer (silicone slip agent), Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate (skin protectant), Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer (film-forming/suspending agent), Xanthan Gum (thickener), Sodium Carbomer (thickener), Benzyl Alcohol (preservative), Sodium Benzoate (stabilizer), Potassium Sorbate (stabilizer), Phenoxyethanol (preservative).
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF 50: Journal of Investigative Dermatology, February 2013, pages 429–440; Cutis, December 2012, pages 321–326 and August 2005, pages 15–18; Journal of Photochemistry and Photobiology, November 2012, pages 37–47; Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology, November 2012, pages 1,013–1,024; Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, June 2012, pages 742–746 and July 2008, Supplement, pages S2–S6; Dermatologic Therapy, May-June 2012, pages 252–259; Lipids in Health and Disease, December 2010, ePublication; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, Volume 10, Supplement, 2009, pages 1–6; Clinical Experiments in Dermatology, January 2007, pages 88-90; and The Journal of International Medical Research, July-August 1996, pages 340–344
Why does this daytime moisturiser have SPF 50 but your others have SPF 25–30?
This unique sunscreen was formulated for those who need an anti-ageing moisturiser with a higher SPF but worry using a product with a higher SPF may cause breakouts. You’ll find this daytime moisturiser with SPF 50 feels so unbelievably light and effective you’ll actually enjoy using it so you can truly have younger, healthier skin, not breakouts!
Does Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF50 absorb excess oil as well as the Skin Balancing SPF 30, Hydralight SPF 30, or Resist Super-Light SPF 30 products?
Yes, though it always depends on the other products you apply beforehand. For example, if you use an emollient cleanser or moisturiser before applying this sunscreen it will limit its ability to prevent truly effective oil absorption. Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF50 does a wonderful job keeping excess shine in check when used with the other Resist products designed for oily/combination skin or with the products from our Skin Balancing collection. You’ll find this sunscreen does not feel the least bit slick or heavy on skin.
The RESIST Super Light and Hydralight SPF 30 formulas are mineral-based, so can be perceived as being more mattifying.
Does Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF50 have acne-fighting properties?
Not directly, but protecting skin from daily sun damage reduces inflammation and that can certainly reduce blemishes. Further, sun protection overall helps skin act younger and therefore breakouts can heal faster and more efficiently than if it were routinely exposed to damaging UV light. One more bonus: The antioxidants this product contains not only help fight multiple signs of ageing, they also work to speed healing of red marks from past breakouts!
Will Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF50 cause breakouts?
Although we cannot state with 100% certainty that any product, whether from Paula’s Choice or another brand, won’t cause breakouts, we’re confident stating that it’s extremely unlikely that this daytime moisturiser with sunscreen will cause breakouts. The super-light formula lacks the heavier thickening agents and potentially pore-clogging ingredients found in moisturisers with a creamy texture.
Is Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF50 drying? If my skin is dry and I have breakouts, can I use this?
Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF50 is best for normal, combination, or oily skin prone to breakouts. Those with dry skin and breakouts are likely to feel this product doesn’t provide the moisture their skin needs, so should consider our Moisture Boost Daily Restoring Complex SPF 30, which is compatible with other Resist products. You can also use Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF50 with a moisturiser underneath such as our Barrier Repair Moisturizer, Moisture Boost Cream or our Skin Recovery Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum.
Is Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF50 suitable if I have rosacea?
It’s hard to tell exactly what will cause someone with rosacea to have a reaction. Because this is 100% guaranteed you can always try it and see how your skin responds. If you have rosacea and combination to oily skin you can also try our Resist Super-Light Daily Wrinkle Defense SPF 30 instead.
Can I use Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF50 if I have extra-sensitive skin that breaks out?
The potential cause for concern is that the active ingredients that create this product’s broad-spectrum sunscreen can be a problem for those with extra-sensitive skin, but it’s always hard to determine that for each person. Because this product is 100% guaranteed you can always try it to see how it works for your skin type.
Is there another Paula's Choice product similar to the Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF 50?
Our Resist Anti-Aging Youth-Extending Fluid SPF 50 is actually identical to our Clear Ultra-Light Daily Mattifying Fluid SPF 30+, except for the SPF factor, packaging and the placement in our Resist line.