Resist Anti-Aging 10% AHA Weekly Treatment
Availability: In stock
Good, good morning. This leave-on 10% AHA exfoliant reveals dramatically younger-looking skin. Overnight.
- Brightens & evens skin tone on face, neck, and chest
- Stimulates collagen production without irritation
- 100% fragrance- and colourant-free
- When using a AHA product, be sure use sunscreen during the day
Review by Johan
I had to experiment with this product and now i really like it!
For me it works best when used 2 - 4 times a week! If i use it more my skin will become rough and will start to peel. However, when i use it 2 - 4 times a week i can see an improvement in fine lines and KP on my face! Wonderful product that lasts for a long time! (Posted on 25/04/2016)
Review by nafi
- I have used product for a least 4 months and in this time I can confidently say that I no longer have white heads poking out the pores on my nose which was the main reason I tried this product. I use it twice a week and my skin is now very smooth and soft with less visible pores. I still have a lot of product left.Try it, its worth it. (Posted on 23/03/2016)
Review by Cynthia
- I've used various exfoliants over the years, even going as far as microdermasion and chemical skin peels, but this one ticks all the boxes. It has brightened up my skin and definitely reduced my fine lines and pigmentation. Admittedly at first it did sting upon application, but as my skin has got used to it I have increased the frequency of use. I now normally use this two nights running and then on the following two nights I will focus on moisturising, and then start again. Just to note I am dark skinned and was sceptical at first about trying something new, especially since I have been so heavily dependant on my dermatologist for the past ten years! But I am pleased to say that after lots of research I am happy I have taken that step. Paula's Choice products are awesome :) (Posted on 07/03/2016)
Review by Ieva
- I've been using this for over a month twice a week and it helps to smoothen my skin a bit and minimize wrinkles but this effect lasts only for 1 day... quite disappointing as it's not cheap. (Posted on 12/02/2016)
Review by Nicole
- This was my first PC product and now I wouldn't use anything else. Being in my mid-30's I was frustrated to continue to suffer from monthly cystic acne outbreaks and read that a mild/moderate AHA might help. Not only has this product reduced my outbreaks to 1 - 2 per year, my skin has actually taken on a glow that is noticeable by colleagues and friends. My routine alternates the 2% AHA twice a week and the 10% AHA 3 - 4 times a week. I have subsequently begun using the Resist cleanser and toner which seem esp. suited to winter months/drier skin. Thanks to this treatment, I love how my skin feels and looks every morning. (Posted on 30/01/2016)
Review by Mmadi
The sample packaging is bad. By the time it got to me , the product seemed to have seeped out of the packet so I had nothing to sample. A real shame because I have had success with other products and was looking forward to trying it.
Customer Care: Thank you for the review. We are sorry to hear of the leaking sample, which is not the usual. We will be contacting you by email to arrange for a replacement.
(Posted on 16/09/2015)
Review by Ellie
- I've been using this product for almost a year (the bottle lasts!) typically once a week and every time I do I receive complimentss on how well I look. I've been using PC for a while but this product (and the Resist Daily 2% BHA) in particular has really helped with my hyper pigmentation and skin texture to the point where I'm a lot more comfortable having make-up free days. I find it works best when I use it the night before a day where I don't plan to wear any makeup. I like to let my freshly exfoliated skin breath for a day before applying makeup. In the day I use the SPF 30 moisturiser from the clear range. It's definitely one of my staple products. I'm a dark-skinned black woman with combination skin. Highly recommend this to help with the hyper pigmentation we often have. (Posted on 13/08/2015)
Review by Lynda
- This is so easy to use. I haven't found it drying at all ( unlike a couple of the moisturisers) in fact I have now purchased the daily 5% one as well. Really very impressed with both. As someone who can't be bothered with exfoliation,this couldn't be easier. I started with a sample,but have bought the full size now. Great stuff! (Posted on 09/08/2015)
Review by Maria
I love this! My skin looks and feels amazing when I use it.
Highly recommend. (Posted on 01/07/2015)
Review by Daniel
- well done paula it delivers and how !! hero product congratulations. also a first in serious eye refining, all other companies want to sell eye serums creams etc. you address this in a scientific and simple way... (Posted on 11/06/2015)
Review by Eunyoung
- Felt quite harsh on skin at first but after about 2 week's use (i.e. twice), my skin re-adjusted itself and now sloughs off as regularly as I exfoliate with this now. It really does make my skin feel like butter, and sometime if I go over a week without this treatment, my skin feels a bit tight and then soon gets better after leaving this treatment on overnight. It seems quite effective (if I have slight skin trouble or a slight cut from plucking, seems to sting skin but... as long as it doesn't do my body any harm, I can stand it) so much so that I am wondering about the 5% AHA daily treatment. I mean... couldn't I just use this weekly treatment and leave it at that? I wonder... (Posted on 01/06/2015)
Review by Marlene
- I purchased bottles of both the 10% AHA Exfoliant and the 5% AHA Exfoliant after receiving samples and liking them. So it has now been about a month since I started using this exfoliant and I use it just once a week. Unlike the 5% exfoliant which has a cream consistency, this exfoliant is watery and I put a few drops onto a cotton pad and wipe it over my face and neck. I think it's pricey but will last a very long time. Now, how does it feel on my skin? It does sting on application but that goes away very quickly and I also do get a slight redness on my cheeks but I use this just before I moisturise and go to bed and by the next morning my skin is great. I can't honestly say that it is this particular product which has made vast differences to my skin but I'm sure it helps...a lot! Using Paula's Choice skincare products in my skincare regime, my skin is not only feeling and looking better but I am actually getting remarks from other people that my skin looks good - now that's never happened before! Only wish the consistency of this exfoliant could be the same as the 5% creamy exfoliant but definitely give this a try. (Posted on 29/05/2015)
Review by Christine
The product itself is amazing, it makes my skin smooth as a baby bum, plumped and firm, and my fine wrinkles seems erased.
What's even more amazing is Paulas Choises customer service. You're the most service minded business I've dealt with, with very fast, well informed and kind responses. I'm such a happy customer! I'll never buy skin care anywhere else again. Thank you. (Posted on 01/05/2015)
Review by Lucy
- The first time I used this on my combination skin, I loved it. It left me with smooth, glowing skin in the morning and even seemed to reduce blackheads. The second time, it tingled and irritated my skin to the point where I washed it off after five minutes and the ne t morning my skin was a little blotchy. I used the same products to wash my face prior to applying the treatment so who knows? Environment factors can't always be accounted for. I would advise anyone to buy a few samples, try it and see how they get on. (Posted on 05/04/2015)
Review by Laura
- I ordered this as part of the Resist sample pack (highly recommend the packs, by the way - a great way to work out your routine). Well, so many others have said it and I have to repeat it - WOW! I woke up with a new looking face - smooth, plump, refined texture. I have managed 3 goes out of my sample pack and will be purchasing the full size bottle soon. It's a game changer! (Posted on 24/03/2015)
Review by Ad
- I absolutely love this exfoliant. I'm generally very pleased with all my choices so far from PC. I love how smooth and supple my skin feels after using this product. It, like the other products I use, is one of my staples. My years of frustration over my facial skin are over! I hope that they continue to give great results. (Posted on 20/02/2015)
Review by Maria
- I gave this to my mum as a birthday present and have tried it myself. We both think that it's amazing, makes my mum's skin so much smoother and more supple. She has aging,very dry skin with enlarged pores. This made her pores become much smaller and her skin tone is so much more even. Overall I liked this product very much. Going to get it for myself too with my next order. (Posted on 01/02/2015)
Review by Hussain
- This is great, even if you dont have ageing skin (lines and wrinkles) but have a lot of brown discolouration left on the skin from past blemishes this is a great product for you makes you skin much more brighter looking and overall more healthy! so win win all the way (Posted on 23/10/2014)
Review by Olivier
- Probably one of the best if not THE best exfoliant out there. Awesome results overnight, just as it says on the bottle. My only warning goes to those with very sensible skin: that stuff is really strong, so use it sparingly; once a week is way enough. Still, like I said, amazing stuff! (Posted on 07/09/2014)
Review by Alannah
- This product is like an overnight facial treatment for my skin. I typically use it once a week, and this is enough to keep my skin's tendency towards dry patches at bay. I love how glowing and soft this makes my skin. (Posted on 15/08/2014)
Review by Hannah
ordered a sample of this product as i didnt know if the 10% may be a little too strong for my skin, but it worked wonders.
I only use once, sometimes twice a week, as any more would be too much for my skin and cause breakouts.
After using my skin feels so smooth and soft, and looks much healthier and clearer.
Paulas choice products have worked wonders on my skin. I cant recommend them enough. (Posted on 05/08/2014)
Review by Mathias
- I use this 1-2 times every week and this is probably my favourite product from PC. There has been a dramatically improvement in my skin texture and overall look since I started incorporating this into my routine. Really a great product and highly recommended. (Posted on 20/07/2014)
Review by sara
- 3 words to describe this product 'amazing amazing amazing'. I use it every other night, even though my skin is very sensitive as I have just come of acne treatment it has reacted well to this product. After my treatment for acne, I am left with little scars however I have red marks which I know will soon fade away. However I wanted to speed up the process, after using this product just for a month the red marks are almost gone. This product is really amazing. I saw a difference in my skin just after 1 week and even my colleagues at work commented on my skin looking fresh and having a health glow. Thanks Paul's Choice! you have given me my confidence back. (Posted on 15/06/2014)
Review by Iva
- This product is really excellent. It makes skin glowing and soft for a few days afterwards I use it. I have combination skin, oily T zone but dehydrated, with lot of blackheads on nose and chin.I first started using BHA 2% gel at night, then Resist AHA in the morning. Now I started with Weekly resurfacing 10% once a week and it all works perfectly. Even my husband noticed the difference without me telling him! What is best, my blackheads are almost gone due to BHA gel. I have to say thet at first my skin was peeling too much when I first started with BHA but then I applied it every 2-3 days and I got used to it. Overall these three exfoliants that I am using are great choice and first time in my life (I am 41) my skin looks really clear. I still need to manually extract blackheades once in a while but it is easier and they are fewer. I am just sorry that I did not tried PC skincare before, because I spent a lot of money on very expensive creams without big effect. (Posted on 12/04/2014)
Review by Christine
- I can't believe the results from this product! I've been suffering from uneven, red, acne scarred skin sence I was a teenager and the last couple of years some dry wrinkles as well. My skin is transformed after a month of using this treatment twice weekly, I'm so happy! Thank you! Everybody might not get fantastic results as I recommended it to a friend who didn't get my raves about the product, but for me it's a miracle <3. (Posted on 05/04/2014)
Review by Kat
- I really like this product, took off one star for the consistency. It makes my skin feel smooth and glowing. I had to work up tolerance as my skin is sensitive. I can now use it twice a week overnight with no irritation. (Posted on 10/03/2014)
Review by Maiken
I bought this exfoliator, because I wanted to see if it had any effect on my breakouts.
And WOW it did! I use it 2 times a week - to get the maximum effect. Together with the RESIST Skin transforming multi correction treatment, and the BHA 2% on nights I don't get any breakouts! (Posted on 29/01/2014)
Review by Anca
- My oily, acne prone skin has always been my biggest insecurity, but this product has been a revelation! Even though i could control break outs ( to a certain extent ) with benzoyl peroxide, I still battled large pores, hyper pigmentation and scarring ( not to mention the dehydration caused by the BP ). While the pores haven't completely become invisible, the situation has improved quite a bit since I have been using the 10 % AHA. Also, my skin looks plump, hydrated and even-toned, and people tell me I look well rested and glowy. Great stuff, this. And the leaping bunny is a nice bonus! :-) (Posted on 16/06/2013)
Review by Diana
- I love this product! I use it just twice a week after cleansing and let it stay on overnight. In the morning my skin is amazingly clear and smooth. What's great about it is that it seems to tighten without being harsh and smooths without drying. I have dry skin in the winter, but leaving it overnight twice a week without moisturizer doesn't dry my skin and it works a treat! Highly recommend this for a weekly skin lift. (Posted on 17/01/2013)
Review by johanna
I have used this for about a month and must say I am impressed. My skin gets smooth, even and radiant. I can even use this before putting on make up for a night out as the skin does not get red as with for example enzyme peelings.
However, I have found that if I let it stay on for a longer time, my skin tend to break out into small bumps and pimples, so I stay with about 10 minutes and then wash off. Normally I use it twice a week with a moisture mask in between.
I have tried samples of the Daily Treatment which is recommended to alternate with, however, I notice a tendency to break outs when using this too, so I’ll stay with the Weekly treatment for a while longer. (Posted on 21/12/2012)
Review by Pernille
I really wanted to love this product but it just does not work for me. My skin breaks out like crazy in cystic acne which i have not had for years. I am sad :( maybe it is too strong for my skin. I just know that my face is hurting without touching it.I have very dry skin and pimples normally
I also tried experimenting with this with the bha 2% lotion. It also did nothing for my skin, pimples or the cystic acne i got from the aha. I triede only using one, one day and one the other (always bha for the day and aha for the night). I tried using only one at a time and i tried using both on the same day. No results. Customer Care : Thank you for taking the time to review this product. We are sorry to hear about your experience.. This particular exfoliant is designed to be gentle and soothing. Our BHA exfoliants are much better options for those with very dry, sensitive skin or that did not respond well to an AHA and are also anti-aging. Please contact customer care so that we may suggest a complete routine of products for you to offer the most visible change in your skin and prevent the signs of aging as much as possible. The skin is very complex and needs a comprehensive consistent routine of products to reach the best possible results. (Posted on 22/11/2012)
Review by Silvic
I have been using this product since it became available together with the daily treatement and it has made such a difference to my skin.
My skin is combination, sensitive, with blackheads, raised red spots, dry patches, uneven skin tone, blemishes and breakouts. Since using this product (together with daily treatment) I have no bleackheads, no raised red spots, no blemishes or breakouts, no dry patches and my skin tone has improved so much I now only wear pressed powder.
I use this product twice weekly now (as instructions said that this was acceptable however I know note that it states use once a week). Customer service - could you please advise why this is? Customer Care : Thank you for such a great review! The RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment can even be used up to four times a week. But this depends on the condition of your skin. If you have any questions please feel free to contact our customer care team. We are always happy to assist you!
(Posted on 10/07/2012)
Review by Andrew
Firstly, this is a great product, in a liquid format that's easy to apply; just tap out a little in the palm of your hand, and apply with your fingers, simple! This method rids the need for cotton pads, and removes wastage (some people, I note, complain of this - no need to, in my opinion).
Now, secondly, this product - I have used the BHAs - has proved much kinder on the skin (no drying - after experimentation of no. of times used in a week) and has been better at removing my blackheads; I now use this product exclusively (the BHAs where far too drying). I do wash the product off after 30 minutes or so, and only use 4 times per week (with a day in-between), which works well for me and my skin (normal to dry, but sometimes a little oily). And just a tip, rosehip seed oil works well when put on after this product. Customer care : Thank you for your review. Depending on the the sensitivity of your skin you can leave the RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with 10% AHA on overnight or rinse off after minimum 10 minutes. (Posted on 20/06/2012)
Review by Isabelle
This is the most effective product I've ever tried, it totally outlived my expectations. My skin is soooo smooth after I use it ! And it literally ironed out my frown lines after a couple of uses. Pure magic !
The only flaw is the texture, it's basically like water so it's really hard to "handle". What I did is transfer it into a small roll-on container, so I can apply it with more precision, and I waste less product. (Posted on 13/06/2012)
Review by charlotte
- Like the other reviewers I cannot say enough good things about this product! My skin looks impossibly smooth when I wake up after using it, just incredible. This is by far my favorite of all the PC products I have tried (mostly Resist products). I take half or even a quarter of a cotton ball and use that to apply the product-that works really well, and it really doesn't take that much product. If you are new to Paula's products, cruising product reviews wondering which one product to try, just like I did months ago, this is the one product to spend your money on! You will be so amazed that you will quickly place an order for more PC products, trust me! (Posted on 24/04/2012)
Review by Bumbalina
- What an amazing experience to use something that actually does what it says. I have lost count of the things I have tried that promise to improve the appearance of fine lines, skin texture etc etc only to be disappointed. This really does work. I only use this every couple of weeks and it really seems to have come into its own over the winter months in getting rid of dry patches. This also worked well when my skin reacted to an inhalable decongestant that left red, scaly, spotty patches around my nose. After 2 applications in a week the patches had gone. As someone who has congested combination skin I'd just like to add a bit of personal experience that might be usful to others: I started using this when I started using the products for combination skin and found that at first it made my skin breakout. However now that my blackheads have cleared up after using the beta hydroxy exfoliant my skin does not breakout now when using this. I use at night before slapping on the Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum to wake up to soft, glowing, evenly toned skin and reduced fine lines. Marvellous. (Posted on 25/02/2012)
Review by Nordgirl
- Like the other reviewer, I really feel like this product is responsible for getting rid of (honestly, at least 90% worth) of the awful 11 lines between my brows, as well as some strange wrinkles over my eyebrows. I've google it, and I still don't understand how it works, but I'm telling you I will never stop using this one. (Posted on 27/12/2011)
Review by miladear
- This product is one of the very few skincare products I can honestly say I can't be without. It provides amazing results after one use only and every morning after using it I wake up with smoother, clearer, glowing skin. I have combination skin and often apply it 3-4 times a week. After using it for 3 months, I still have 3/4 of the bottle left, it's very economical. It's my one product to use if I want to look my very best the day after. Simply amazing! (Posted on 08/12/2011)
Review by Chelo
- I think it's a very good product, but for the price I think it's too expensive. Only have 2 oz. Should be 4 oz. at least. I expect a lotion but is liquid like toner and you loose a lot of product if you use a cotton to apply it. For the ingredients I think it's 5 stars. (Posted on 15/09/2011)
Review by b0bbarella
- this stuff is amazing. you can really notice the different quite quite quickly. works great in combination with the daily smoothing treatment ( i prefer this for my face). recommended. (Posted on 13/07/2011)
Review by xGoofyxGooberxYeahx
- This stuff is absolutely the holy grail of radiant skin in my opinion. I have been using it for about three weeks and barely a day goes by now without someone saying to me "wow your skin looks so smooth!" I use it every other day which is what my skin seems able to tolerate. If I had to choose one product to buy from paula's choice (all of them are pretty good though) this would be it! (Posted on 27/05/2011)
Review by Eric
I've always been more than pleased with Paula's products, but this time I'm amazed (and addicted) with the RESIST Weekly Resurfacing Treatment 10% AHA !!
It tooks 2 weeks (with 4 applications per week) to remove all dead skin layers (I never would think I still had so much dead skin to be removed as I regularly exfoliated with Paula's BHAs).
I had strong flaking the very first week, less the second one, and now almost none... all of this without any redness or burning sensation, just a very light tingling (that I can't describe as unpleasant because it means the product is acting, so I love this sensation).Now my skin is glowing, it retains moisture far better than ever before.
Just like the toner within the same range, the packaging is beautiful but would be more practical with a pump.
This product is a true holy grail ! (Posted on 09/01/2011)
Review by Hector Enrique
- Same review I made for the 'Daily Smoothing Treatment' applies here but with the difference that concentration here is higher so It must be used less frequently. Its texture, color and smell isn't as attractive as it's for the other product but anyway It deserves the same good consideration. Honestly I think Paula has made a next level AHA's with these products which make your skin look/behave younger and healthier. Simply awesome. (Posted on 05/12/2010)
Review by Annmarie (review US customer)
- I have been using Paula's skin care for 10 years and I love every one of her products. But, the Resist line has brought my skin to a whole new level. The first time I used the skin resurfacing treatment I could tell a difference the next morning and I am 56 years old and didn't think my skin could get any better. It was smooth, glowing, and it looked to me like the small lines around my eyes and forehead were diminishing. I love it!! A very satisfied customer, Ann (Posted on 23/11/2010)
Review by Lisa (review US customer)
I love, Love, LOVE this product! I'm 44, and have just started getting crows feet - and this has minimized them within my first week of use. My skin is touchably-soft and radiant and I couldn't be happier with the results.
(Posted on 23/11/2010)
Review by Eleni (review US customer)
I'm sort-of at a loss for words. I've been using Paula's choice for more than a decade now, classic oily, blemish prone skin that is now getting older. I've used the 2% BHA liquid and 8% AHA gel day and night respectively. I was looking for something that might work on frown lines so I bought the 10% AHA. I've used it three nights, and those awful lines between my eyebrows are gone. I would love to understand how you did that. Oh, and thank you.
(Posted on 23/11/2010)
Apply only at night after cleansing and toning. Using a cotton pad, gently stroke a dime-sized amount over the entire face. It can be left on or rinsed off after 10 minutes depending on your skin's sensitivity. Follow with a Paula's Choice Resist antioxidant serum and/or moisturizer. On the night(s) you use this Treatment do not use other exfoliants or scrubs at the same time. In the mornings you can use other exfoliants as per your normal routine. If you're using a prescription retinoid product apply the exfoliant first and allow it to set, then apply the retinoid product. Follow with a serum and/or moisturizer.
Sun Protection Advice When Using Any AHA Exfoliant: This product contains 10% glycolic acid, an ingredient that may increase your skin's sensitivity to the sun and the possibility of sunburn. Always apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen rated SPF 15 or greater every day. When outdoors, wear protective clothing whenever possible, seek shade, and avoid prolonged sun exposure.
What makes this product unique?
This exclusive, extraordinary resurfacing treatment is an exfoliant formulated to reveal youthfully radiant skin overnight. It couples age-fighting antioxidants with 10% glycolic acid—ingredients proven to stimulate healthy collagen production and reduce wrinkles. A unique liquid delivery system, along with innovative soothing anti-inflammatory ingredients, guarantees impressive results that are visible from the first application. In less than two weeks your skin will experience improved texture, color, tone, and a noticeable reduction in the appearance of wrinkles. With ongoing use, skin becomes firmer and is better able to further resist the signs of aging.
Fragrance- and colorant-free, this weekly treatment is recommended as an integral part of the Paula's Choice Resist line for younger-looking, firmer skin. This AHA exfoliant has a pH range of 3.5-3.8.
Who is this product for?
Anyone concerned with the signs of aging, sun damage, and desires to improve the texture, tone, and elasticity of skin on the face, neck, and chest.
Sources to support the claims made for Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment with 5% Alpha Hydroxy Acid
Dermatologic Surgery, July 2009, pages 1,109–1,118; Clinical Evidence Online, December 16, 2008; Seminars in Cutaneous Medicine and Surgery, September 2008, pages 170–176; Journal of Dermatological Science, December 2005, pages 195–204; Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery, April 2005, pages 1156–1162; Cutis, August 2001, pages 135–142; Dermatologic Surgery, May 2001 pages 1–5; Journal of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology, July 2000, pages 280–284; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, March-April 2000, pages 81–88; Dry Skin and Moisturizers: Chemistry and Function, edited by Marie Loden and Howard Maibach, 2000, page 237; Skin Pharmacology and Applied Skin Physiology, May-June 1999, pages 111–119; Journal of Cell Physiology, October 1999, pages 14–23; and British Journal of Dermatology, December 1996, pages 867–875.
Is it OK to use Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment more than once per week?
Yes, but we do not recommend doing so until you've seen how your skin responds to this treatment. Overuse may not provide better results; most people will find using this at night either once a week or up to 2 or 3 times per week produces great results, and you can use another Paula's Choice exfoliant on other nights. If you have advanced sun damage 4 or 5 times week may be extremely beneficial.
How should I alternate using Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment? Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment is recommended for use at night, at least once but up to 4 or 5 times per week. Since we do not advise using other exfoliants at the same time that you apply Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment, you can apply Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment as part of your morning skincare routine or on nights you do not apply the Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment. In the morning, Resist Daily Smoothing Treatment should be applied after cleansing and toning. Follow with a serum and/or moisturizer or foundation rated SPF 15 or greater.
Can I use Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with one of the Resist skin lighteners?
Yes, but not at the same time. This is because both of our Resist skin lighteners contain an exfoliant (the Lotion has glycolic acid and the Gel has salicylic acid). If you're using one of our Resist skin lighteners, you may apply it in the morning or on the nights you do not apply the Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment.
Can I use Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment at the same time as one of Paula's Choice BHA products?
We do not recommend the use of any other exfoliant, including Paula's Choice BHA products with salicylic acid, be applied at the same time as Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment. Doing so increases the risk of irritation that excessive exfoliation can cause and irritation is never the goal. It is fine to apply any of our BHA products in the morning or on the nights you are not applying Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment.
Is Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment recommended for use around the eyes?
Yes, but only up to the orbital bone area (the bony ridge that stops just before the immediate undereye area). Do not apply Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment to the eyelid or underbrow area
What if my skin experiences a stinging or tingling sensation from Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment?
Upon application to cleansed, toned skin, some people may experience a small amount of tingling or feel a stinging sensation. This is normal and it should dissipate quickly and stop with ongoing use. If the tingling or stinging sensation does not stop or worsens, or if your skin becomes red or feels like it's burning, immediately rinse Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment with plain water and gently pat dry. Should this occur, ongoing use is not recommended. You may want to try another Paula's Choice exfoliant and our Customer Service team is happy to help you select an alternate option.
I am using a prescription retinoid product. Is it OK for me to use Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment?
Yes, but be aware that the prescription retinoid may increase your skin's sensitivity to this AHA treatment. We recommend proceeding with caution, and only applying Resist Weekly Resurfacing Treatment once per week. You would apply it before your prescription retinoid product and either rinse the Resurfacing Treatment after 10 minutes or wait until it has absorbed before applying your prescription retinoid.
At what point after my laser and/or peel procedure can I begin using my AHA exfoliant again?
First, we urge you to follow the post-procedure instructions your doctor or nurse provided. If nothing was mentioned about when to resume use of an AHA exfoliant, please contact the doctor's office where you had the procedure done. Otherwise, our general advice is to wait until skin has returned to its normal texture and color. This may mean waiting a few days or, depending on the depth of the peel or laser procedure, it may mean waiting several weeks. Both peels and laser procedures can temporarily leave skin extra-sensitive, so if in doubt it's best to wait rather than rush things. Once you begin using your AHA exfoliant again, pay attention to how your skin responds and adjust frequency of use accordingly. Discontinue use if you notice signs of irritation.