Resist Anti-Aging Ultra-Light Antioxidant Serum
Regular Price: £33.00
Special Price: £29.70
Availability: In stock
Anti-ageing without the shine. Use this serum to normalise oily skin and fight the signs of ageing. Tones down redness, too.
- Hyaluronic acid and Vitamin C protect while fighting the signs of ageing
- Weightless, silky serum spreads easily, dries shine-free
- 100% fragrance and colourant-free
Regular Price: £33.00
Special Price: £29.70
Review by Kate
- I do have fairly dry skin, but since I use other products (such as the clinical moisturizer) for that, I didn't want a heavy serum as well. I like this one a lot. It's very soothing, absorbs without any noticeable residue or greasiness. My skin feels very soft and hydrated. Definitely recommend. (Posted on 17/02/2017)
Review by Laura
- I love this stuff. I am 25 with combination skin, so I wanted something to start protecting my skin from the first signs of aging but which wasn't too strong to make it greasy/break out. This stuff is amazing. It dries really fast, and it is so light. My skin is perfectly balanced by it! I was a bit surprised to see it was yellow, but it dries completely clear so I don't mind :) (Posted on 09/02/2017)
Review by Bradley
- Leaves Skin Soft and very smooth and stops me being prone to breakouts. has great ingredients but the skin balancing does have retinol which makes me more tempted to purchase. Skin does feel hydrated and I like how its the only one with a water like texture, absorbs very quickly though which means I have to use more product to get full coverage so it may not last as long as the others.Since it yellow though, I do wonder if that makes the vitamin C has oxidized or whether something else makes it that colour? Would recommend this product even though it's on the pricey side. (Posted on 13/01/2017)
Review by Debbie
- I have acne prone skin and don't tend to use serum or moisturisers due to oily skin. I gave it a try as my cleanser, toner and BHA 2% has worked for me and I am glad I did it has gave me a nice glow and my pores do not seem visible as they used to it's a wonderful product knowing that I am adding good ingredients to my skin. It's a bit on the runny side so need to be careful when using the product it has a yellowish colour to it but it the colour disappears into the skin, you only need a small amount of serum. I have been using this for two weeks and notice improvement to my skin and still no breakouts. Will be ordering again. (Posted on 02/09/2016)
Review by Amanda
Okay, I can admit when I'm wrong! I wasn't sure about the first trial size of this so didn't reorder. Then I noticed my pores again and that's never a good sign people! I realised that when using this my pores were less attention seeking and that my face was less oily when I used this during the day, I use a different serum at night. Bought another trial size and a week or so into it, I have ordered the full size of this product. If you want less visible pores and less shine in all the right places (a shiny nose and chin is never going to be mistaken for dewy or glowing!) then give this a try. Use in conjunction with the 2% BHA pore refining treatment, your pores and shine will be even less.
PS:Initially using this and the BHA pore refining made my cheeks peel. Some products do take time to adjust to, maybe even two trial sizes worth, but I adjusted and even use the 1% retinol as well. It did take around 2-3 months to adjust to all the new products but it was time well spent. (Posted on 04/08/2016)
Review by Mariam
- LOVE! So soothing and a lovely texture with lots of beneficial ingredients! just wish it was in a pump packaging :)) (Posted on 28/06/2016)
Review by S
I bought the whole range as I was very pleased with the Resist Anti-Aging Multi-Correction Treatment Azelaic Acid. However the serum gave a yellow appearance, was very light in texture and dried my skin! I don't have terribly dry skin but this gave me dry patches and flaky skin. Also the moisturiser didn't improve my skin texture as it too was very drying.
Answer customer service:
thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're sorry the Resist Anti-Aging Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum wasn't a fit for you! Be sure to contact our Customer Care for assistance. (Posted on 25/05/2016)
Review by Heather
- Okay, so for the past couple months I had been using the Skin Balancing Antioxidant Serum which I absolutely loved. At the time I was just easing into a completely new skin care routine consisting of nothing but PC products, & I went from oily blemished skin to a such normalized, flawless complexion... - after 2 months of flawless, blemish-free skin, I began to feel a tightness, & whether it was due to the Skin Balancing Antioxidant Serum on my normalised complexion or just the combination I had been using, or even another product, I chose to take out my Skin Balancing Antioxidant Serum & switch it for something a little more moisturizing. I didn't need the retinol since I was already on the 1% Clinical Retinol by PC anyway. My initial thoughts on using this serum were not so great because I immediately noticed a difference in the consistency; the name is 'ultra-light' which you could definitely say for the Skin Balancing Antioxidant Serum I had been using, because it felt lighter than air! It was a gel formula... this one isn't. It's watery & I immediately thought this once could potentially break me out... However! I was wrong & I've been using it more & more regularly to a point where I'm using it day & night for the past 2 weeks without any irritation, breakouts, oiliness or a dry/flaky/tight feeling. It's very comfortiing & absorbs, leaving me with smooth skin & a nice sheen without any heavy, sticky feeling whatsoever. It's super easy to distribute over the face without any tugging. This one is great for normal to dry skin. & I'm here to finally purchase a full tube! love the ingredients in this. You can't go wrong. (Posted on 02/05/2016)
Review by janice
Love this serum, alternate it with the skin balance serum so im still getting some retinol & my skin is looking so good!
One small point- i wish the caps on both these serums were slightly wider ( like the vit c one) i store them standing up and they are constantly being knocked over because they arent balanced with a wider base! (Posted on 26/02/2016)
Review by Nicola
This is the 1st review I've ever written but really wanted to share my experience with this serum. I've been using this for a couple of weeks and cannot believe the difference this has made! I have sensitive acne prone dehydrated skin and have spent a lot of money trying 'reputed' serums that have either exacerbated my problem skin or not made a visible difference.
This serum has improved the plumpness of my skin and reduced the redness of acne scarring and seems to be preventing hormonal break outs. This really is a 'must' try and a serum that will always remain in my skincare routine!! (Posted on 07/12/2015)
Review by William
I have sensitive acne prone skin, I wanted something to give my skin an antioxidant kick so I opted for this oil free version and I didn't want any retinol. Sadly it dried my skin out so badly, it was very strange, my whole face became flaky and dry after 2 days, I really don't understand which ingredients did this, but sadly for me, not good at all.
Customer Care: Hello, and thank you for sharing your experience with us - we're sorry to hear this didn't work as expected for you! Please contact a member of our Customer Care team, who can assist you with a possible alternative. (Posted on 17/11/2015)
Review by Sarah
- This really is an ultra light serum! lightweight and glides onto the skin perfectly. A little goes a long way and it really sinks into the skin. I have oily/combination skin (prone to breakouts and allergic/eczema skin) so have to be very careful to hydrate my skin without clogging my pores. I chose this particular serum as I was looking for something that would add a boost to my regular moisturiser and help smooth my uneven skin tone (due to acne scarring) as well as help fight the war against wrinkles!! I use this with Paula's resist 2% BHA (both products morning and night) and have found the combination has really improved my skin tone and texture. Highly recommended product! (Posted on 11/09/2015)
Review by Eunyoung
- Even though it's labelled 'ultra light' and for normal/ oily skin, it seems to caress my face and is immediately hydrating. Not quite sure about the longevity of that hydration though. Seem to sink in immediately as well. Since I followed it with Oily/ combination skin RESIST SPF 30 Moisturiser and now my skin feels quite taught so I can't workout whether the tautness is from the serum or the moisturiser. Must try sample again with another RESIST Normal/ Dry skin SPF moisturiser to work out if I could get on with this serum. (Posted on 01/06/2015)
Review by Lucy
- I use this in conjunction with the other resist serum - I wouldn't hesitate to use this even on areas where I was breaking out. The water based consistency feels super light - maybe too light for the dry areas on my combination skin, but perfect for the oilier area eg chin. Feels soothing and satisfying. (Posted on 18/03/2015)
Review by Ebba
- Great serum! Does not leave you face sticky or oily, and if you put it on in the evening - your face is calm and glowy in the morning. I use this morning/evening, great if you want an extra boost for your skin! (Posted on 28/02/2015)
Review by Katie
- This product really is excellent! I have oily/combination skin with blackheads but I get dry patches on my cheeks and around my eyes during the colder months, which persist even with a full 3 step skin care regime. This serum is the perfect solution, it even gets rid of those horrible flaky bits you get around your nose when you have a cold! I tend to use a few drops after cleansing and toning at night, and then apply moisturiser afterwards. My skin is always smoother and more radiant in the morning, with no increase in oiliness or blackheads. It also works well with the BHA 2% liquid - I find it eliminates any dryness caused by the BHA without restricting its effectiveness. (Posted on 12/11/2014)
Review by Chris
- I just wrote a long review about the BHA 1% Gel but this product needs a mention as well. I am a 29 year old male who has always had spots and blackheads but has never done anything about it. After contacting the customer service team they recommended the BHA 1% gel and this antioxidant serum. I had been using some samples of the BHA 1% and had noticed a real improvement in my skin, but this product is the magic ingredient, since it reduced all the redness, especially around the blackheads on my nose. After literally a couple of days of use, I now have the best, smoothest, most even-toned skin I have ever had, and it is all down to these two products (and a bit of moisturiser as well). I was worried about the yellow tint that people had mentioned, but honestly haven't noticed it, especially since I only use this product at night before bed. I am blown away by the results and I can't believe it has taken me so long to fix my skin, especially considering how easy it has been to use. My confidence is through the roof now and I haven't had a spot or redness for weeks - something I never thought possible! I will be a customer for life. (Posted on 17/10/2014)
Review by Gabbi
- First of all, I have researched and tried other PC products. The pore reducing cleanser and toner are absolutely amazing, the best products I've used for my very oily skin. However this serum really disappointed me; I was looking for an alternative for moisturiser since they tend to make my skin greasier. I have used it for a few weeks, consciously applying it after step 1&2, every morning. That was until my friends told me I must have changed something in my skincare routine because my face was all irritated. I couldn't believe it; I so desperately wanted this to work but my face was covered in red tiny spots. My irritation stopped once I left the serum untouched. It is a shame really, the texture is great, doesn't leave any greasy film, but it must have some bad ingredients in it. Disappointed. Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience with this product. While this response is not typical, we do understand that each customer is uniquely different in how they will respond to products or ingredients. We will send you some samples of other antioxidant serums to try out if these are more suitable for your skin. (Posted on 18/09/2014)
Review by yasmeen
I was looking for a serum for my acne prone oily skin to fade red marks from breakouts, I purchased this with the intention of it getting rid of marks and the result?! It definitely lives up
To it's claims, it fades red marks and makes skin healthy and even toned, I love it's water light texture and how it sinks in to my skin beautifully, excellent for oily skin, it helps to reduce redness from breakouts too.
Thank you Paula. (Posted on 25/08/2014)
Review by Alina
So let to me tell you a bit about my face and then I'll tell you why I rate this product 5 stars.
Very dry skin, sensitive and rosacea on my cheeks and nose. My morning routine starts with gentle cleanser, the Skin Recovery Toner (which I noticed really moisturizes my skin and makes it soft, doesn't irritate it), then I use this serum and then my SPF 30.
I bought this serum that is water based even though I have dry skin. Why? Because the other Resist Serum with retinol is a bit more "heavy/sheer/oily" and I'd prefer to use it at night. The ultra light one however, doesn't leave the shinny effect and absorbs immediately leaving the skin soft but mat - thing that i find it perfect for summer. Nno shininess, no stinging, and I saw good results almost instantly.
One concern - it can leave the face a bit yellowish - and even if I didn't notice anything myself (and I still don't see any yellow color on my face), one of my friends pointed it out today :D but it's not super visible, and in fact I might like the effect as a yellower undertone would conceal (in a sense) my redness on my cheeks. But believe me, you cannot make the difference with you neck color even if you look in the mirror in a bright room. It can actually look at times as if you have a tan :)
I use a pea size amount but I have a feeling this product will not last very long for me as I keep using it twice and day and am loving it too much. Overall very satisfied with the product! will definitely buy again :) (Posted on 17/05/2014)
Review by Hannah
- I've been using this serum with the resist moisturiser for a couple of weeks now and am really disappointed with the results. It goes on nice and smoothy but when paired with the moisturiser as well my skin has become very, very dry (previously unheard of as my skin is usally very oily!) When applying make up after using these products it just cakes immediately on my skin and won't rub in like it used to. It leaves my pores looking very noticeable. Overall, I expected better things, but am better off sticking to my old routine. Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience and will contact you by email. (Posted on 01/03/2014)
Review by Jennifer
- I bought samples to last me 2 weeks and have found yellowing of my skin even when applied in smaller amounts. Even after applying my moisturiser I get yellow patches mostly on neck and around hairline. Will try to use more sparingly. Happy with texture and results. Will go for skin balancing concentrate now I have tried both for extended periods. Love what Paula's choice products do for my complexion. Even my friends say my skin is amazing and I'm glowing. I wish they would try them too, just not that into their skincare that much. Their loss I say. I hate to say 'I told you so' in 10-15 years... I will continue to evangelise about PC. Hopefully it will sink in before it's too late for them to reap the benefits. (Posted on 09/12/2013)
Review by Olga
- I have very sensitive combination skin which was prone to blemishes. I used to spend huge amount of money for the most expensive brands (La Prairie, De La Mer, Dr. Barbor, Cellcosmet, etc) without any positive results over many years until I discovered PC products which really transformed my skin over few weeks. My cosmetologist was so impressed that she secretely (she must use only Cellcosmet, Skinceuticals and Dr. Babor in the salon) asked me to give her the name of the brand I am using for herself. This serum is exceptionally good for the morning. I used to put Skin-perfecting 2% BHA liquid over my face and neck followed by this serum and Clinique CC superdefence cream SPF 30 (did not like so far any SPF creams of PC, hence use Clinique as the cream+make-up) and I am 100% satisfied with my skin. Strongly recommend this serum (Posted on 01/11/2013)
Review by Frantic73
Non sticky, non greasy, no silicone type feel- just super light and sinks in very quickly. No irritation at all, so not quite sure what some previous reviewer meant with tingling feeling. My skin is normal with medium oily t-zone but can be also sensitive.
Finished it quick though , quicker than expected ( a bigger tube would be grand) and forgot to reorder ,so doing it now. My skin has missed it !!
It seemed to balance the moisture in my skin but also even out the skin tone .
The smell and colour are absolutely no probs.
(Posted on 28/06/2013)
Review by Natie
I have ordered a couple of samples to try this product. It has a lovely texture and spreads wonderfully, however it unexpectedly oxidized on my skin. I applied my usual skincare and makeup routine, swapping only my serum (skin balancing) for this one. In 15 minutes my skin has turned to a bright yellow color. I tried again the next day and got the same result. I have to stick to the wonderful skin balancing serum, and envy all those users who don't have the oxidization problem with this product.
Customer Care: Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear of your experience. This can happen if too much of the RESIST Ultra-Light Serum is used, or not given enough time to dry before applying a mineral sunscreen. We will send you some more samples to try out if using less of the serum or taking more time to dry will help. You could also consider to you the Ultra-Light Serum at night. (Posted on 15/04/2013)
Review by Guiomar
- I had some samples before, and then I decided to order one. I'm still trying to find out which one it's the better for my ageing but still breaking-out skin, so I tried the skin balance line antioxidant before this one, but I think I'll stick to the resist ultra-light. Looking at the ingredients it's one of the best serums I have found (and much cheaper than the other options I was considering). But to be honest I really value in an online service the customer support, and I really want to say they are wonderful. This bottle (I brought some more things) was open, and a little bit spilled and dried, this worried me, so I wrote them. The next day they sent a new one without any more hassle to me. I'm really happy now and I'm sure I'll keep buying from them. (Posted on 05/04/2013)
Review by Anna
- I ordered this without trying a sample at first, since I read some very positive reviews on the american website. And I'm sure not disappointed! I've only used it for a week, so for now I can mostly say something about the feel of the product, which is very different from the Resist Super Antioxidant Serum that, to me, has a quite sticky feeling. My skin is usually oily on the nose with enlarged pores, but dry other places due to sun damage, I presume. I use it both at night and at daytime, and especially at day I'm happy with the product, since my face (my nose) doesn't shine! And it keeps matte almost all during the day, which never have happened before. I would definitely recommend this product to people who have a skintype as mine! (Posted on 15/03/2013)
Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is light as water, but is packed with high concentrations of powerful antioxidants including Vitamin C. These antioxidants are paired with skin-repairing ingredients such as hyaluronic acid to protect and nourish skin while fighting multiple signs of ageing. This serum also contains soothing anti-irritants that can significantly reduce inflammation to help reduce and heal sun damage. You won’t feel this weightless serum, but you’ll love its skin smoothing, firming, and wrinkle-reducing benefits!
This product is 100% fragrance- and colorant-free.
Who is this product for?
Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is a light, water-based formula that’s perfect for anyone—but those with oily/combination skin will especially love this weightless serum’s invisible finish!
SOURCES TO SUPPORT THE CLAIMS MADE FOR Resist ULTRA-LIGHT ANTIOXIDANT SERUM:
European Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, March 2012, ePublication; Journal of Drugs in Dermatology, September 2011, pages 990–1,000; Biofactors, September 2011, pages 381–385; American Journal of Clinical Dermatology, April 2011, pages 87–99; Experimental Dermatology, October 2010, pages 763–771; Archives of Dermatological Research, March 2010, pages 71–83; Indian Journal of Dermatology, Venereology, and Leprology, January-February 2010, pages 20–26; British Journal of Dermatology, December 2009, pages 1,357–1,364 and July 2008, pages 23–34; British Journal of Pharmacology, October 2008, pages 463-474; Journal of Molecular Medicine, February 2008, pages 221-231; Skin Pharmacology and Physiology, January 2008, pages 39-45; Clinical Experiments in Dermatology, January 2007, pages 88-90; Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology, March 2006, pages 30–38; Medicinal Chemistry, November 2005, pages 629–633; Molecular Nutrition and Food Research, May 2005, pages 405–430; Antioxidant Redox Signal, December 2001, pages 1041–1064; and Journal of Wound Care, July 2000, pages 319–324.
How does Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum differ from the other Antioxidant Concentrates that Paula's Choice offers?
Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is our only water-based serum (our other serums are silicone-based), and it is the lightest serum in the Resist line. Its blend of potent antioxidants, skin-repairing, and cell-communicating ingredients help fight multiple signs of ageing without feeling slick, greasy, or heavy on combination to oily skin. Because oily skin tends to also have enlarged pores, this serum was formulated with ingredients that help normalize pore function. It also contains anti-irritants which reduce redness from acne and acne marks. This serum is one of two Paula offers that does not contain retinol. Some people with oily skin cannot tolerate retinol, making Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum a great alternative.
Every Paula's Choice serum contains an effective blend of antioxidants, skin-repairing ingredients, and cell-communicating ingredients to restore skin and significantly reduce wrinkles, increase collagen production, and improve skin color. You will be getting anti-ageing benefits regardless of which one you choose! Select the best serum for you based on your skin type and chief concerns, plus texture preference.
How does Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Serum differ from Skin Balancing Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum? Is one better for anti-ageing?
The chief difference is that the Skin Balancing serum contains retinol and sets to a powder-like matte finish. Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum is more hydrating yet incredibly light. As part of the Resist line, it also contains a greater array of repairing and cell-communicating ingredients designed to help oily skin fight multiple signs of aging. Both serums contain an array of proven anti-ageing ingredients. If you have oily or combination skin you may wish to use both serums: one in the morning and the other at night. Or, you may simply prefer the texture and finish of one over the other. Either way, your skin will start looking and acting younger, and enlarged pores will be less evident.
Can Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum be used around the eyes?
Yes. All Paula’s Choice serums (and moisturisers) can and should be applied around the eyes, too. The same statement also applies to the neck and chest, two areas prone to showing signs of sun damage and ageing.
How would I use Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish?
After cleansing, toning, and exfoliating with the Paula's Choice products appropriate for your skin type, apply Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum to your entire face (including around the eyes) and neck. Follow with one of our lightweight moisturisers (if needed) and finish with Shine Stopper Instant Matte Finish, which can be dabbed all over or just where your skin is especially oily. If desired, proceed with makeup application. Shine Stopper may also be dabbed on over your foundation.
Can I use Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with my Clear routine?
Yes! This serum's benefits are excellent for those with acne who are also struggling with signs of ageing and sun damage. Apply the serum after your 3-step Clear routine, and follow with a product rated SPF 15 or greater (those with oily skin and acne still need sun protection).
Can I use Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator?
Yes. As with all of our daily skincare routines, we recommend applying the serum before your moisturiser. In this case, you'd apply Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum after the exfoliant step, and follow with Resist Anti-Aging Clear Skin Hydrator.
How would I use Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum with the Resist Retinol Serum? Is it OK to use both?
It is perfectly fine to use both serums. We recommend either alternating days (using one serum morning and evening one day, then switch) or using Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum as your daytime serum and Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Repair Retinol Serum as your nighttime serum, either alone or followed with the Paula's Choice moisturizer appropriate for your skin type and concerns.
Is Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Serum suitable for those with rosacea?
Yes, particularly if you have rosacea plus oily skin or oily areas. The antioxidants and anti-irritants in this serum are wonderfully soothing for rosacea-affected skin.
At what point after my laser and/or peel procedure can I begin using my serum again?
First, we urge you to follow the post-procedure instructions your doctor or nurse provided. If nothing was mentioned about when to resume use of a serum, please contact the doctor's office where you had the procedure done. Otherwise, our general advice is to begin using your serum again as soon as possible. All of our serums contain skin-repairing, anti-inflammatory, and replenishing ingredients that calm reddened skin and help enhance the healing process. Make sure you're also protecting your "new" skin every day with a product rated SPF 15 or greater.